Giving up your hospital bed for someone that earned it

Wrknrvr

If you do not wear a mask in public. Or social distance.

Please give up you chance at a hospital bed if needed for someone that earned it by doing the mask wearing in public and social distancing if you do not wear a mask and social distance.. Over a eight day period we had 4 family members or friends that needed a hospital bed for a serious health problem.

One was a stroke. One was a broken hip. One was a emergency kidney operation. And one was a elective surgery for hip replacement in Florida. And they all social distance and wear a mask if they go out.

In Montana I believe there were 6 weddings that had been Covid spreading events in the last few weeks. There are only about 1 million people that live in Montana permanently. I had a friend get married two Saturday’s ago. 4 children flew in from around the country. They do not wear masks or social distance. I absolutely would have gone to there wedding if there was no Covid 19. Neither me or my wife went. My niece was there and went to the wedding. She does not worry about getting Covid as she said so to us. Her flight home took her to Dallas for a 17 hour lay over? Then flew to Cleveland Ohio and then drove home. No empty seats on the planes.

I have not seen my neighbor since the wedding. He may be upset with us. 

We social distance, wear mask, curbside pickup food, wash hands and use hand sanitizer.

Hermitizing in Montana,    Vern

Hey Vern, hello from a couple of fellow hermits in Mesa, AZ!   Wouldn't be here except for Dave's medical treatments.  

I will never understand why people will not take this seriously, especially those who are a little long in the tooth.  Even in the midsts of this explosion of cases in this area, I still see people all the time walking around with no masks, partying in large groups, etc.   

Not us.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I liken this experience to watching a disaster movie where an outcome is predicted, the mass population does little to prepare or even outright ignore it, and then seem surprised when it happens and they're affected. In nearly every plot, the folks that do prepare themselves are almost always negatively affected by those that don't, there's usually a figurehead downplaying the risk, there's a capitalist that looks to profit from it, and there's always a religious/political component that rebels against the science. Having seen Contagion a couple times, I feel as if I'm living the movie sometimes!

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Hey Vern, hello from a couple of fellow hermits in Mesa, AZ!   Wouldn't be here except for Dave's medical treatments.  

I will never understand why people will not take this seriously, especially those who are a little long in the tooth.  Even in the midsts of this explosion of cases in this area, I still see people all the time walking around with no masks, partying in large groups, etc.   

Not us.  

I think it's a mixture of several different things but I'm hesitant to say what they are so as not to insult non-mask wearers.

Really though, what does it say about a person that won't wear an unobtrusive $1 nose/mouth covering in the off chance that it might improve, or possibly even save, their fellow man's life?

Edited by Black

1 hour ago, Black said:

Really though, what does it say about a person that won't wear an unobtrusive $1 nose/mouth covering in the off chance that it might improve, or possibly even save, their fellow man's life?

What does it say........

1. Selfish

2. Incredibly ignorant.

3. Florida - 600 cases June 1st -to- ten thousand July 1st. - - But hey.....the gov said it's no problem  - so it's not going to happen to me.

(USA = one Wu Han per day)

😕

My niece, a health care worker, now has Covid/pneumonia. She lives in a house with at least four other people including her toddler and my older brother but has been released to home from the hospital. In Phoenix. That does not sound like a good scenario to me. Trying not to worry but it is hard.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

38 minutes ago, Black said:

I wish I was closer, I'd let her quarantine in my RV until she was on the mend and virus free...

Thanks for your generosity. I wish I still owned an RV so that could be an option. Except I'd be self-isolating in it myself if i was in Phoenix.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We are in the Phoenix area, isolated in our Park Model.  Don’t go away where except for Dave’s medical appointments.  I do pickup for groceries, takeout.   Luckily park is pretty empty so feel okay waking to mailbox and back.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

https://abc13.com/face-mask-order-protest-coronavirus-covid-19/6277878/

People are being manipulated by someone with the money to pay for them to go raise a ruckus. The protest organizer in this video stood out to me because he's wearing a SUIT to a protest (?) in Pearland (suburb of Houston) on a day when it is 93F(heat index 103F), and, a silly pink tie. Something didn't add up. Sure enough, "Tex Christopher" turns out to be a D.C. lobbyist. Wonder who's paying him to organize and stand there in the Tx heat?

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/11/mayor-bowser-washington-dc-mayor-sued-over-black-l/

"The main argument in the 51-page complaint filed at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia is that Ms. Bowser is violating the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution by supporting one orthodoxy over others.

“The Black Lives Matter banner conveys that black people are the favored race of the city of DC, which is of course a racist contention floated by a racist Democrat who persistently refuses to think logically,” the lawsuit said.

Pastor Rich Penkoski, identified as a “street preacher” is the named plaintiff in the case. He’s joined by Chris Sevier, a former judge advocate general, and Tex Christopher, a D.C. lobbyist."