Roof Tape

If directions are not followed exactly, the roof tapes do not hold as well as they should. I used it around my refrigerator roof vent last week, I have carried that roll of tape since we purchased the MH in 2013 for emergency repairs, figured I'd better use it or lose it.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I use the regular UV resistant roof repair tape from Menards . 

Applied around all fan/vents , sky lights and front and rear cap seams . 

I did most of that 10 years ago and it's holding just fine . 

You better know exactly where you want it , because once it's down , it isn't coming back up without a real good fight . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

19 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Just wondering if anyone has used any of that Flex seal or Flex paste or Flex spray

Jim, I have used a fair amount of Flex Spray BUT NOT on anything to do with an RV roof or anything up top. So far its held up great and hasn't cracked or deteriorated or pulled away, but again that's NOT in the sun exposed to UV rays etc. On the rooftop Eternabond Tape topped off with Dicor Lap Sealant seems bulletproof.  

John T 

20 hours ago, bigjim said:

Just wondering if anyone has used any of that Flex seal or Flex paste or Flex spray. I never have. I have only used eternabond which as has been said works well if you get a good clean surface to start.

Some of the Flex Seal products state on the label they contain petroleum byproducts. I bought a can of white paint stuff, didn't read the label first.🤐

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Some of the Flex Seal products state on the label they contain petroleum byproducts. I bought a can of white paint stuff, didn't read the label first.🤐

Bummer. The new paste sort of looked useful but I sure wouldn't want to put stuff with petroleum products based on what I know now.   I am always leery of stuff that is pushed so hard in ad's on TV.

bigjim, I think they are good products, when used properly. For instance I have a fiberglass roof, petroleum byproducts are not a major concern for me, but, there is nothing on the labels I've read that says UV resistant/proof. I now have a plastic piece I painted with that white paint sitting outside my garage-time will tell.