Looking to Upgrade the Queen bed in our 5iver

Part of this depends on your RV.  In mine, a standard Queen length would hit the cabinet when the slide came in.  As for weight, only you can decide if you're near maximum weight for your RV.

You can buy the short Queen mattresses many places, including online at Amazon.  I didn't need a Queen, so I bought a Full size, which is the same length as a short Queen.  I bought a 12" mattress in a box from Walmart, best mattress I've ever owned.

The standard queen size  mattress is 60X80. We hade the OEM  mattress in both our Montana 3400 and our now 13 3402. We are long timers spending most of the year living in the RV and the OEM mattress was not satisfactory;. There are plenty of good quality  60X80 products out there and I am sure you can find one that suites you. We went with the standard sleep number in our 06 3400 and transferred it to our 13 3402 upon purchase . It fits perfectly  with no modifications and no problem with slide closing.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Several years ago, we upgraded our Full Queen mattress in our 2007 Dolphin...   We went with a Full Queen Foam Mattress from Plushbeds.

https://www.plushbeds.com/

I recommend very highly.   After 7 years it is still the best mattress we have ever had. 

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Consider the mattress you have at home.  If you like it, maybe that is what you should get in the RV, too.

One way to know if a standard queen will fit is determine how much excess space you have when your bedroom slide is closed.  If your current RV mattress is smooshed up, then a standard mattress will be more smooshed.

BTW, the "bed in a box" like Casper, Purple, etc., make getting them into the RV very easy.

Just replaced my SleepNumber with a memory foam mattress from MattressInsiders.com. They specialize in RV and Boat mattresses. They will custom make one for you if you want a special size. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 weeks later...

We have a water bed at home and always had a hard time sleeping in the standard RV mattresses that came in our trailers. When we had our new trailer built, we had them put in an outlet under the bed frame and installed a sleep number bed after we got the trailer home. So far it has been comfortable and is easily adjustable. We went with a regular home style sleep number and not an RV one.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Twotoes said:

Just replaced my SleepNumber with a memory foam mattress from MattressInsiders.com. They specialize in RV and Boat mattresses. They will custom make one for you if you want a special size. 

Can i inquire as to why you replaced the sleep number?