anyone use a cabover for a daily commute

GlennWest

I have driven many cabovers, none that had a flat floor, and call me crazy but the Ford cabover that had bags front and rear on the cab, wrap around dash, dual cup holders, 3 a/c units that always worked was a good truck for me, but when I got the new KW Cab over with the big cam 400, turned up a little hot, well that took over as the favorite cab over, then the 82 long nose Pete, also with the big cam 400, well never looked back.  Had several long nose and extended hood big bunk walkin sleepers but I like the Cascadia I have now, what's wrong with me?

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

I operate a High Pressure Water Blaster that is mounted on a Cab over Pete.  I would not want to drive that truck for any long distance.  Cramped seating and with the engine right there, once it warms up the cab is a hot box.  A/C either freezes you out, or is not enough to keep you comfortable.  At the end of a shift I usually have a couple of leg cramps to contend with, even though we take a break every couple of hours.  Not a real comfortable setup.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

On 4/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, GlennWest said:

I am kicking this around. Be less vechiles, less insurance but would loose all the storage I have now. If i go to a cabover, I would single short and just fenders.

I drove cabovers for years even with air ride suspension and air ride cab they still ride pretty ruff and not much room unless you find a newer one. The shorter they are the worse they ride. 

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

One of my first trucking jobs had me and my first baby mamma living in a mid 80s 9760 international cab over with spring ride. I had to wear my seat belt just to stay off the dog house when I hit pot holes. But then probably only weighed 125 lbs. Only good thing about that truck was the double bed. Plenty of room for activities.

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.