Furnace question

Herb

Welcome to the Escapee forums.

If by "roof fan" you mean the blower for your air conditioner is operating any time that the furnace operates, then the answer is no. If you have one thermostat that controls both the air conditioner and the furnace, the thermostat supplies a signal to the air conditioner and a circuit board in the air conditioner is what actually chooses between the furnace and the air conditioner, so that would be the place your problem is.

Let us know if we can help further.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

13 hours ago, Herb said:

Is it normal that the roof fan blows out air the hole time that the furnace is working 

Welcome!  Not much information to go on Herb.  If you have a propane furnace and just regular roof a/c units then I would say that is not normal and you fan is probably set to "on" instead of "auto".

Since you don't say what type of RV or systems you have everyone will just be guessing though.  You could have a/c units with heat pumps and a propane furnace, or you could have a/c units with heat pumps and a Oasis or AuqaHot for furnace/hot water.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Perhaps you mean roof air ducts? I agree with Joe, some more detail is needed.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 4/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, FL-JOE said:

Welcome!  Not much information to go on Herb.  If you have a propane furnace and just regular roof a/c units then I would say that is not normal and you fan is probably set to "on" instead of "auto".

Since you don't say what type of RV or systems you have everyone will just be guessing though.  You could have a/c units with heat pumps and a propane furnace, or you could have a/c units with heat pumps and a Oasis or AuqaHot for furnace/hot water.

I have destination RV it has a propane furnace and roof air the fan in the roof air runs the hole time the furnace is on

Herb, if you can tell us the make and model of the air conditioner, the thermostat, and the furnace we can probably help more. If you want to visit the site of Bryant RV Service they have copies of many of the appliances on their website that can be downloaded. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived