for the thrillseekers who camp

Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Hold my beer....

If someone would loan me an extra turbo, some bigger injector nozzles, maybe an extra injector pump and tires... need some higher speed tires, Don't think the truck and trailer tires being rated at 75mph, need to run 142+....  I'll give the Volvo a spin and see if we can't raise that up a little...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Ray,

Amazing! But that motorhome is about the same size as my HHR, and needs my vinyl wrap:

9VydvcVl.jpg

It looks right somehow with the 50s vinyl wrap job, to complement their replica custom 49 Chevy panel van.

My Ram long bed pickup has IMHO the no DEF best light duty pickup engine Cummins made, the 2004.5-2007 Direct rail injection, 5.9 quiet diesel. Makes a great cowboy Cadillac too with better mileage than my Ford Ranger gutless 4 banger got, but is a beast towing at ~11.5-12 and 13 mpg with a fierce tailwind towing a 36' fiver. The Cummins 5.9 tuned is a monster.

2psJt9tl.jpg

But one day soon we will have the Tesla pickup, designed to tow a load. This next video at about 4 Minutes into the video shows a Tesla Model X beating an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider super car, while towing a 4000 pound trailer loaded with . . . you guessed it, an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider on the trailer.

Now that will be thrill seeking with a travel trailer or fiver when electric pick up trucks come along with 400 mile range towing.

I'll be replacing my HHR with a Model 3 or a used S whichever fits my post house buy budget. The truck and the Scamp Fiver are being sold too. Maybe we'll get another VW bus camper. New style or old style Westphalia. They fit in a heated garage.

Good one Ray!

Amazing tech today!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

7 hours ago, RV_ said:

Maybe we'll get another VW bus camper. New style or old style Westphalia. They fit in a heated garage.

That was one of my favorite things about our Westphalia--we could load it in the rain without getting wet with it parked inside our attached garage.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Yep, and in between I daily drove mine and had the kitchen to make fresh coffee and read when I was early for appointments. Or I could take a nap just dropping the back seat back. I can't wait to see the US version of their new one. I had several water cooled but mostly air cooled engines. Our US water cooled Eurovan was the last one but it had dual AC for front and back.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

That was one of my favorite things about our Westphalia--we could load it in the rain without getting wet with it parked inside our attached garage.

We are still able to do that as we live in a barn-dominium with plenty of room for the RV, tow truck, and our house all under one roof! 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 12/25/2018 at 10:20 AM, Kirk W said:

Cummins diesel power did hold the Indy 500 track record at one time!

I was listening to '52 the race the Cummins diesel would have won had it not been for an inexpensive bearing failure in the tranny. The turbo issue in the article was not published here. The sound of that car dominated all other cars as they passed the broadcast booth.  Then the owner of the Indy 500 banned  diesel engines size because they would have dominated future races. I live about 60 miles from the track, worked there as a yellow-shirt one year.

sandsys, there is an old Westphalia parked in a fence-row about a mile from me. Wish I had some extra money, it would be a great project to restore it to original.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

17 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

sandsys, there is an old Westphalia parked in a fence-row about a mile from me. Wish I had some extra money, it would be a great project to restore it to original.

I'd love to see it. I recently built a Lego version of a T1 VW camper. It even had plaid curtains. :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda I'll try to drive over there and snap a picture this weekend. Probably have to send by email due to size limitations here. It's been in that fence-row for 40 years I know about.

Linda, Guess you missed the part where I said "I wish".

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Linda, Guess you missed the part where I said "I wish".

Nope. I wished for photos IF you restored it. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.

Linda

Archived