Older HDT and 5r for Sale

jkennell

Guys:

Long time no visit.   Life's gotten real busy, what with a growing business, kids in college, and being primary caregiver for an elderly parent.  We simply have no time to travel anymore.

As such, I'm advertising our rig over in the "For Sale" Forum.  I have a few pictures posted.

Asking $17,500 for the HDT and 5r pair.  Because they are older, they need some TLC, and someone handy.  Nothing really wrong, just little things.

Would be a great rig to park at a favorite campsite, or for a young family with a handy parent!

It was great being a part of this forum--great group of people, and we are sorry to be "getting out", but I fully intend to at least visit here when we can.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Thanks Rick.  One of my girls has been trying to find a police officer job down in the Columbus/Dayton area for over a year....so far no luck.  If she does, I'll probably be down that way occasionally.....

No camper at present.

They are hiring down here Jeff. Nowhere near you but........

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On August 17, 2018 at 9:09 AM, jkennell said:

Thanks Rick.  One of my girls has been trying to find a police officer job down in the Columbus/Dayton area for over a year....so far no luck.  If she does, I'll probably be down that way occasionally.....

Las Vegas, NV Metro is hiring. 

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Thanks. I'm trying to convince her there are jobs outside OH--she likes the state and hopes to move there!   Its too bad the officers have to go to Police Academy in the state they plan to work in...makes it hard to be flexible unless you want to go to (& pay for) the Academy again.

No camper at present.

7 minutes ago, jkennell said:

Its too bad the officers have to go to Police Academy in the state they plan to work in...makes it hard to be flexible unless you want to go to (& pay for) the Academy again.

It may be too bad, but it's pretty much necessary.  It's difficult for a department to take on the liability of a new employee, especially one with the authority of a police officer, without undertaking their training.

However, even though she may have to attend another academy, she may not necessarily have to pay for it.  Many departments in Texas underwrite the cost of training their new officers, even operating their own academies.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

In Vermont the department pays for the academy and if you are moving from a different state and are a currently certified officer you only have to attend a one week class and then take other classes over time. Or at least that's what it was when I was a deputy. In fact Vermont departments actively recruit from other states so they don't have to pay for the full 8 week academy. 

I have a second cousin who is going to be a fish and came officer and she is getting a job in Maine because they have a better program and then she will move back to Vermont. I believe she had to make a time commitment and has to wait for a position to open up, but they realy want her. She and her sister don't take after the rest of us in the family. Her sitter was the valadictorian in her high school and the saludadictorian in her collage two weeks apart. I can't even spell them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, thanks for the interest.   Got a tiling crew out working on my field today--little busy!   I don't do Facebook or Photobucket stuff, but I'm glad to send photos to anybody that asks.     Send me a PM, or and email : kennell.jeff     (at)    gmail.com.  (all run together)  or call me 815 two five seven 4160  (sorry, have had issues with mail bots before....)

No camper at present.

• 2 months later...

Archived