Henderson's Grant Pass, OR

SWharton

We felt our ride in our MH was a bit smushy and had Henderson come and evaluate when at Escapade in May. At that time he said he would get an estimate back to us. I have called several times, been assured they will get back to me and nothing happens. We are just looking for a number to put in the budget and had planned to go to them in the spring.

We are now having second thoughts about going to them. I know Henderson has a good reputation but I was wondering if the business was sold or if there are other problems. This is no way to treat a potential customer.

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

I was wondering if the business was sold or if there are other problems. This is no way to treat a potential customer.

They participate in Escapade nearly every year and have long been well thought of. It would be great of anyone who has had recent contact with them would respond.

Have you tried using their contact us link?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I haven't had recent contact with them, but the couple of times they did work for me I was totally satisfied. I suspect they're just very busy. 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

58 minutes ago, SWharton said:

3 months since they looked at the rig!!!!

I believe that is an unacceptable amount of time for not contacting a potential customer.  Business must be good.  I would look elsware for some other company to do the work.  :unsure: 

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

I would go some place else. I've dealt with them twice in the past: Once with my motorhome and once with my 5th wheel. They did a great job on my motorhome. However, they tried to charge me 400% over cost for parts that were covered by warranty. Not a happy camper!

19 minutes ago, SWharton said:

Thanks, and they are in the right direction.................

They have a great reputation and I have used them several times. I once had a chassis problem that the Ford people missed and they found it almost immediately and it never happened again. 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:55 AM, Jim Corey said:

I too, recommend Eric’s. Not the cheapest, but excellent work. We had upgrade anti-sway bar installed, along with some smaller things.

Henderson's is anything but cheap.  There was no pressure to buy all the add on's they offered, but there was no doubt they would like to sell you everything they had that could improve your RV. 

It is easy to spend $4000-$5000 on improvements.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

5 hours ago, Al F said:

Henderson's is anything but cheap. 

Our experience over the past ~8 years is that good shops are rarely inexpensive.  Good mechanics and technicians can find employment at lots of places; they don't have to work on RVs if they can get better wages elsewhere.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

3 hours ago, docj said:

Our experience over the past ~8 years is that good shops are rarely inexpensive.

Quality workmanship rarely is low in price. When I was in field service work for 3M Company, we used to tell customers that we did not claim to be cheap, only that we gave the most for their money. 

Have to agree, Henderson's has not been as reliable as they have in the past. We're on month 2 waiting for a date and have been left in limbo as well. Not that it matters, when I didn't receive a call as promised, I took my business elsewhere. It is such a shame to see a 5 star business fail so utterly recently but regardless of their quality of work,  if they don't/can't or don't want the work anymore, their rating plummets to one star in my book. 

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

OK. It has now been 3 days and no response from Eric's. I sent an email rather than interrupt there day with a call since I am in no rush. A response of some sort would be appropriate.

I am giving up on trying to get this done while traveling in WA. Does anyone know a good spring/shock person who could evaluate what we need and install in the Phoenix area? 

6 minutes ago, SWharton said:

I have called Hendeson, makes no difference.

All that I can tell you is that Erik's RV does great work and I have used them several times over a long period as our son used to live in Sequim. They also operate a shop in Quartzsite each season that has an equally good reputation. I have spoken with Henderson's at Escapades and observed how much work they do there but have no experience with them as a customer. It does seem funny that you have the exact same problem with both companies. Might your email have some problem in getting through?

A followup on my post from yesterday. I paid a visit to Henderson's Facebook page and basically wrote the same review as here. Within 2 hours I received a call from "Cody" who apologized profusely for the  miscommunication and dropping the ball. They still missed out on my business and frankly I'll probably not be as patient as I was but yes, I probably will be returning to them at one point or another because  their work is exemplary.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Archived