Tire ?

runaway parents

There are 2 threads (1 in HDT and 1 in Fifth Wheels) talking about Sailun tires...seem to be getting good reviews.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Sounds by the tire wear that you could have an axle or spindle issue. Have you ever had your rig weighed? An overweight axle can camber causing uneven tire wear also.  I was having issues with my Toy Hauler front left and right rear, wasn't overloaded but couldn't keep tires on it, so I went hog wild had a MORryde 8K IS & disc brake upgrade and went from 16" wheels to 17.5" wheels and 215 75/ R 17.5 Goodyear G114's, an H rated 16 ply commercial grade tire. The smoother ride and the ability to align are two of the main reasons I opted for the IS upgrade, the disc brakes for the safety and of course tires that have a solid reputation and a company that stands behind them.  Sailun S687 have a good reputation, but will they pay for damage to your 5'er if one blows out? Goodyear says they will.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, Detroit 60 Series 14L, Eaton Fuller 10spd Ultrashift, w/3:73

No photo description available.

http://www.boarwheel.com

I just ran across these guys yesterday. I've never heard of them before, and I don't have any dog in this hunt, but if I were the one having to replace tires and/or wheels I think this looks very attractive. Yes, I will admit the price is somewhat steep!

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

I’m running Bridgestone R250’s on 16” rim. My trailer loads them no more than 75-80% of their rating. 99mph speed rated. I had a bitch of a time testing the speed rating with the Dodge but the KW dually is much more stable.

Immediately after installing them I had a careful alignment done. They are wearing very nicely.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

What tires does your camper manufacture suggest?  Mine called for LT tires so I put Michelin Ribs on.  Little spendy but hopefully the last as long as we own our rig.  Before I put new, expensive tires on mine with your wear, I would have the axle aligned, sounds like they are off a little.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

11 hours ago, noteven said:

The placard on my trailer specs LT tires.

Mine does too.  Does Sailun tires offer LT tires?  I got these tires, ordered through Walmart for a good price.  So far they are great and they are 10 ply LT tires, very well made.  At the risk of being repetative, I again would suggest an axle alignment if you plan on keeping this rig very long, replacing tires often will get pretty darn expensive.  IMHO

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Mine does too.  Does Sailun tires offer LT tires?  I got these tires, ordered through Walmart for a good price.  So far they are great and they are 10 ply LT tires, very well made.  At the risk of being repetative, I again would suggest an axle alignment if you plan on keeping this rig very long, replacing tires often will get pretty darn expensive.  IMHO

Tires where 7 years old stock tires keystone put on trailer  Asked tire dealer about alignment he didn't think it needed it,  seems to think since tires where 5 ply tires trailer alone was pushing the load limits of them. He also went on to explain to me because of the lower air pressure that was recommended and max out load limits on the tire made them where out the inside and out side of the tires. Trailer got 4 new 10 ply ties  yesterday  sure glad I caught this .After old tires where took off trailer I got to take a closer look at them cracks delamination's it was worse than I thought

10 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Sailuns are commercial grade trailer tires. In that size they are G rated 14 ply, rather than the E rated 10 ply like the Michelins and can be found for about $60 cheaper.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Stay away from Sailun if you are running 17.5 x 6.75 rims.  I had two blow out on me at less than a year old.  I check pressure every time we go out.  After getting the tires they say 6.0 standard; however, Michelin, Yokohama say goid for both.  I believe these are designed for the dually rims which are 6.0.  

On the good side, they are L speed rated.  Not many of the 17.5 tires are rated over a J rating.

I have purchased quite a few tires from Simpletire.com, but you should double check their specifications with the manufacturers website.  I purchased a Yokohama ry023 based on the website's spec, but found the sidewall indicated J.  They refunded the cost and picked up return shipping.  I am trying a Falken RI151.  Hope this does Ok.

Archived