FB, HDT did I miss something

staffnon

The reason I started the HDT's Facebook page was for the ease of posting pictures and videos. I like some of the Escapees members thought that most of those that used a HDT as a tow vehicle were members of this small group but man we were wrong. We have found that there are 1,000s of us out there with all types of rigs and many more looking to make the change. We do regular surveys on the page and as of a month ago we have a little over 1,000 members that already use a HDT and we have helped 15 make the conversion in the past 11 months since the page started. We do not allow the page to get off topic very far nor to we allow political or religious comments. Like this forum every post and comment is read by the admins and mods and we delete post that we feel do not apply to heart of the page. We also have a HDT's for sale page that's attached for buying and selling trucks and related items. We have many from this forum that are on the page as a matter of fact everone of the 17 HDT's  that are sitting at Deerrun right now or page members and 6 or 7 of those coming this year found out about the ECR from the FB Page. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, Jack Mayer said:

Phil, it would be amusing to see you deal with the Facebook crowd. There are some "world class" arguers over there.  And of course, like all of Facebook, no one is ever wrong.

We don't let it get out of hand though and like any place else if you get abusive to others you will be deleted.

2 Great Danes

I would also like to relate this story from the HDT's Facebook page. When we first started we had a member who's truck broke down while traveling to their camp hosting gig. With in 5 hours we had members from all over the US coming together. One member drove 4 hours to work on their truck when the problem was not one easy to repair another member drove from MO to MN and picked up the family and their RV and towed it FL for them. The other members came together and paid not only for the fuel needed to move them but also to have their truck towed to another members home who is a diesel mechanic. 

2 Great Danes

13 minutes ago, Heavymetal said:

I would also like to relate this story from the HDT's Facebook page. When we first started we had a member who's truck broke down while traveling to their camp hosting gig. With in 5 hours we had members from all over the US coming together. One member drove 4 hours to work on their truck when the problem was not one easy to repair another member drove from MO to MN and picked up the family and their RV and towed it FL for them. The other members came together and paid not only for the fuel needed to move them but also to have their truck towed to another members home who is a diesel mechanic. 

That is what is great about Facebook it is so much more connected with people and people checking and keeping in touch with each other. You guys are great!!!

23 minutes ago, Heavymetal said:

Yeah, that really showed how close knit the HDT community on a FB page can be for sure! 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

42 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

Yeah, that really showed how close knit the HDT community on a FB page can be for sure! 

Right now we are 1,400 plus members and of them 1,305 are active on the page in ether making post, commenting or liking what is being said. The average post and comments have been running in the neighborhood of 20,000 a month and everyone of them are read by the admins and moderators and you would think that we would have a lot of controversy but we don't. We have only had two post that were reported in the past 11 months both being made by a former member. 

2 Great Danes

59 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

That is what is great about Facebook it is so much more connected with people and people checking and keeping in touch with each other. You guys are great!!!

Thanks. 

2 Great Danes

1 hour ago, Heavymetal said:

We had a similar event here a few months ago when someone had to move to make it easier to receive medical treatment.  Folks appeared from nowhere.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

23 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

We had a similar event here a few months ago when someone had to move to make it easier to receive medical treatment.  Folks appeared from nowhere.

People are amazing! I remember that happening. We were trying to help on the FB page as well. I think a family member ended up helping them in the end. 

2 Great Danes

20 hours ago, Heavymetal said:

we have helped 15 make the conversion in the past 11 months since the page started.

I'm one of them. I found this forum on accident. Then was directed to the FB page for more help. Made my life a lot easier. I just bought my truck in January. Its almost ready to roll. The people on here and the most of the people on the FB page are really great to talk to I even got a few phone numbers and made some calls. Its one thing to read text but to have someone walk you through something over the phone is way better.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I'm not really a fan of FB these days because of the drama I have seen stirred up, BUT I am back now due to the HDT activity. Obviously I knew there were a few peeps using HDT's for RV hauling, but had no idea there were this many! Lots more that don't even get on the internet I assume too.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Someone once estimated  that were 5 or as many as 10 'unknowns' for every FB and forum member.

There is a red peterbilt near me with a toy hauler ,for at least 10 years now I have not been able to corral the guy, bet he has no idea either or just a loaner.:ph34r:

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

Archived