Nice to meet fellow HDTer's

Vegas Teacher

Hello to all of you! Over the last week I was able to meet a couple of fellow HDT people, Dennis and Chad - both great people and had a chance to talk to each of them. It is really nice to put names and faces together.

Hope all of you are doing great.

The dog room I am building for my wife is eating into my Semi build funds but that is O.K. I am doing something for her and she is happy, that makes big repairs on the semi a little easier. I am also able to sneak in a new tool from Lowes or Home Depot in the process there ofB)! While I am building the dog room I am also putting electricity into it. The room is being built in the third bay of my 3 car garage. It is getting wired for lights, and electricity. While I am doing this I am thinking of getting a 35 amp and a 50 amp outlet on the outside of my garage, or maybe ran out to my light pole in the front yard.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory O

That is definitely convenient if you are doing some wiring and not too expensive to add while you are at it.  I've found that once the electricians are there, usually not a big deal to have them add something extra for cash for time and materials.   Glad to pocket a little extra on the job.  I've got a 35 amp plug (plenty here in temperate Ohio, but maybe you want 50 amp for Vegas heat) and a sewer hookup to the septic tank, and it makes it REAL nice and easy when the trailer is parked between trips.

Cory     We had a great trip out west and really enjoyed getting to meet you. When I wired my shop to power the 5er I ran 10 gauge wire. Then I started to hook up the 30 Amp 220 breaker to it. I had a friend over and he said that the 30 amp service was 110. When i built the shop everything over 20 amps was 220. So I just assumed  it to was 220. if John hadn't straightened me out I would have burned up everything electric and possibly the 5er to. So you can never be to careful. And never stop yo listen to friends!!   Have a great day.    Pat

The Old Sailor 

Cory,

I enjoyed meeting you and your wife and Dennis also.  I hope to see you again at the WCR.  Hopefully you guys can make it to the Rally.  I think you would really enjoy it and you will learn a lot in addition to putting some more faces to the forum names here.  ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

It was great meeting you and Chad.  I was working the swing shift at the race and didn't have much time to visit.  Lesson learned, if I want to socialize don't pick swing shift.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Archived