So, I bought a truck, picked it up in the winter, and locked myself out of it................

mr. cob

Great story, Dave! I grew up in a tiny Montana town about 210 miles straight north of Billings. I got my "drifting" practice on icy and snow covered roads, empty parking lots, and muddy roads if it rained in the summer. Your depiction of that stretch of the 20 mph travel was too vivid...you had me clenching my teeth and gripping the phone as I read it! Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

LOL......anti-social skills. They do come in handy, DW is not always impressed when I practice with her in the vehicle though..... gotta keep those skills crisp. I've got many years experience racing around in circles, down dragstrips and maybe a few tickets in my youth for drag racing on non approved tracks. Glad you made it home safe.

28059299_1833533436658807_2906550914030110103_n.jpg.f147a9cc234fdcc2812d3b66d5777952.jpg2008 Volvo 670,D13, 13 speed,2018 Montana 3210MS

Ya know Dave THE BEST part of being a geezer is............no how screwed up things get and how crazy folks think you are.......most of the time just being a GEEZER is all it takes to be allowed to do even more crazy things.........

So as long as we are spinning yarns about being locked out of the rig.........I have a doozey-of-yarn about being the ONLY human in the airplane and being locked out of the cockpit.......and oh ya the darn thing was flying without a auto pilot and the pilots pants were around his ankles............and unfortunately the yarn is true.......

Stay tuned this tale is too darn funny to miss........

Dollymomma has me in the middle of replacing toilets but that even fits into the story........stay tuned.......

Drive on............(Ok where did I put the wax ring??) 

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Dave   Glad you are safe and sound? at home. Really enjoyed the trip with you! I felt like I was in the cab with you. So when the weather allows you to work on the new toy keep those pictures coming. Pat 

The Old Sailor

My 1984 Pete 359. Never drove a big truck or a 13 speed but had to get her home or loose the deal. Didn't know you had to go thru neutral with the clutch out to get into low range. Never looked like this when bought. Had sat in barn for 12 yrs. Interior was in great shape. Did all the work myself. Only 200 mi. from home. KI09i8nl.jpg

3 minutes ago, beemergary said:

My 1984 Pete 359. Never drove a big truck or a 13 speed but had to get her home or loose the deal. Didn't know you had to go thru neutral with the clutch out to get into low range. Never looked like this when bought. Had sat in barn for 12 yrs. Interior was in great shape. Did all the work myself. Only 200 mi. from home. KI09i8nl.jpg

Howdy beemergary,

That's a great looking truck, I looked at a couple for 359's but lusted for a 379 and held out till I found one.  I wish my sleeper had that large access door, mine just has a small door on each side.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

17 hours ago, mr. cob said:

I wish my sleeper had that large access door, mine just has a small door on each side.

Dave

That would be really convenient if you happened to lock yourself out..............:o

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

13 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

That would be really convenient if you happened to lock yourself out..............:o

Howdy rickeieio,

Yes, it would, some folks are dumb enough to need such things. :unsure:

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived