Sumter Oaks reports?

Dutch_12078

The last I heard was that managers were just getting to the park to do assessment, and that some trees were down, and the pond at the back of the park was overflowing into some of the sites.  Hope someone has a more recent update.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Thanks, Chindog. I just read the update on the SKP's Facebook page, and it looks like the park came through relatively well anyway, with no apparent structural damage to the buildings. I'm sure the cleanup and infrastructure testing will take some time, but it does look like all should be pretty much back to normal in relatively short order compared to some other areas.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

42 minutes ago, ffwife50 said:

We have reservations there starting the 13th. Supposed to be establishing our domicile.

From what I'm hearing you should be fine unless your reservation is pretty immediate. If you can't reach them, try calling the HQ office and ask about it. That phone is   888-757-2582 and should be working. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 minutes ago, ffwife50 said:

Is there anyone who knows who I can contact. HQ doesn't know. 

I just sent off an email to a couple of people in the organization who should be able to help or to get help. Did you call the number that I posted for the office at Rainbow's End? I would think that someone there could find out for you.

We are still busy gathering information about the condition of Escapees Sumter Oaks RV Park in Bushnell, FL. Our managers have arrived safely and are trying to assess the damage at this time. On the surface, it looks like some trees are down and the rear part of the park is flooded, but the activity center, office, general RV sites, and ERPU member’s structures appear to be in good shape.

All tentative guests can watch for updates via our social media pages or may go to the Sumter Oaks’ Rainbow Park page (https://www.escapees.com/…/p…/rainbow-parks/bushnell-florida) for updates and future reservation information. At this time, we anticipate about a two week delay before we can accept park residents or guests to return. We are hoping by that time we will have power and water restored, and our clean-up crews will have had time to do what is necessary to ensure the park is safe and comfortable again.

We will issue refunds for reservations affected by the park closure. 

Thanks, Travis! It's good to see that it wasn't any worse. We won't be there until the end of January, but I was concerned about the long term folks and their RV's.

Dutch

1 hour ago, ffwife50 said:

I'm glad the damage wasn't any worse. Can you recommend a place close by where we can park for a night? Don't need any services just a place to park.

Call the Bushnell Walmart they have allowed overnights in the past. You might also try contacting the Sumter County Fairgrounds. I have seen RVs there in the past.

18 hours ago, philandterri said:

Arlene the manager posted last night that there was some branches down, no major damage, electric on in some areas of the park most interior roads passable. Might not have water or sewer yet. Might be good by the weekend.

Does Arlene the manager have discussion name on this board? Perhaps I can reach out to her?

23 minutes ago, ffwife50 said:

Does Arlene the manager have discussion name on this board? Perhaps I can reach out to her?

Isn't it pretty obvious that they are not making themselves available to you?  If they were ready to do business and accept you as a tenant or respond to your concerns, they would be answering their business phone or reaching out to you in some way.  JMO

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

18 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Isn't it pretty obvious that they are not making themselves available to you? 

Not to me. The phone isn't working yet so what are they supposed to do? I suspect that Travis has the manger's personal cell number. 

1 hour ago, ffwife50 said:

She does not have account on the discussion forum.

As stated before the park managers and staff are not ready to accept anyone into the park for a number of reasons. There is large amount of limbs and safety hazards, the sewer systems is also till down. Park staff and volunteers are occupied with cleaning the park and making repairs. When we are ready for the public, I will post and update. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working as fast as we can to resume normal business operations.

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Not to me. The phone isn't working yet so what are they supposed to do? I suspect that Travis has the manger's personal cell number. 

I wouldn't expect you to see it since you're an Escapee fanboy.  Anyone else can see it though, especially since Travis has come on here twice stating that exact thing. 

If ffwife50 has a reservation, then the manager probably has her phone number and can contact her, but has not.  There are other ways of reaching out to customers, particularly on their website or on this website.  The park manager is too busy trying to get the park running again and is "obviously not making themselves available" to ffwife50.  That's my point.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The OP's reservation isn't for another month yet. I don't know why the park would contact anyone with reservations that far out when they currently expect to reopen well before then.

Dutch

6 hours ago, chirakawa said:

I wouldn't expect you to see it since you're an Escapee fanboy.

I'm not sure just what that is, but assume it is intended to be a slur of some sort. If it is bad to support a club that has served me well for 20 years, I suppose that I am guilty as charged. :P

10 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I'm not sure just what that is, but assume it is intended to be a slur of some sort. If it is bad to support a club that has served me well for 20 years, I suppose that I am guilty as charged. :P

Not intended to be a slur at all, just a statement.  You're so quick to defend Escapees that you immediately assume they need to be defended.  They do not.  You lack objectivity because of your dedication to the club.  All I stated was that the park is not making themselves available to customers.

They've had damage from a hurricane and are making efforts to recover.  Travis Carr's first post in this thread should have been adequate to explain the situation and answer all questions.  Yet, ffwife50 continued to pursue contacting the park.  Travis Carr's second post evidently settled the matter.

Archived