Sumter Oaks reports?

Dutch_12078

36 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

You lack objectivity because of your dedication to the club.

Could be, but in my view, you are overly critical of them at times and also lack objectivity. I suppose that makes us balance?  :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

22 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Could be, but in my view, you are overly critical of them at times and also lack objectivity. I suppose that makes us balance?  :)

Please quote anything I posted in this thread which is critical of Escapees.  Actually, I was defending them.  They have much work to do in order to make their park usable again.  The last thing they need is to answer the phone all day long from dozens of people trying to find a campground. 

After these destructive storms, thousands of insurance adjusters, aid workers, construction personnel, scam artists, and locals who have lost use of their home are looking to move into the area.  Motels, hotels, and campground/rv parks are in high demand.

Maybe you should stop trying so hard to post in every single thread on this forum, and actually read what others are writing instead of jumping to conclusions.  For the record, I've probably been overly critical of you in the past, but I don't remember being critical of Escapees often, if ever.  :)

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

48 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

This crowd needs a chill pill.

Yup.... A lot of threads are getting like this lately.  

I would expect that the OP may not have received a phone call because the phone number was in a work computer that needed electricity to run.... Some areas are on limited power that is still being interrupted....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

43 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Yup.... A lot of threads are getting like this lately.  

I would expect that the OP may not have received a phone call because the phone number was in a work computer that needed electricity to run.... Some areas are on limited power that is still being interrupted....

That's just because folks are getting ready to move for the Winter and tensions may be a bit higher with the supposed shortage of locations . 

Besides , the entertainment value is incalculable . :D

Goes around , comes around .

6 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Travis Carr's first post in this thread should have been adequate to explain the situation and answer all questions. 

Only if you knew who Travis Carr is. Otherwise he could be anyone posting any opinion.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 minutes ago, Lou Schneider said:

Travis' tagline at the end of his posts can't get much clearer:

Travis Carr
Forum Admin

Escapees RV Club | President

Xscapers Co-Founder

Not everyone sees tag lines , but , the ADMINISTRATOR under his handle and pic might be a dead give away .:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Not everyone sees tag lines , but , the ADMINISTRATOR under his handle and pic might be a dead give away .:rolleyes:

Nope. To me an administrator is one who manages a computer system. Not a bunch of RV parks. It's all how each person sees things through their own lenses. Which is why it's best not to jump on someone for having different lenses than you do. This forum is primarily known as a kind and caring community; let's do our best to keep it that way. okay?

SKP hugs to everyone.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Nope. To me an administrator is one who manages a computer system. Not a bunch of RV parks. It's all how each person sees things through their own lenses. Which is why it's best not to jump on someone for having different lenses than you do. This forum is primarily known as a kind and caring community; let's do our best to keep it that way. okay?

SKP hugs to everyone.

Linda Sand

He happens to be about the only link to a particular park , not to mention the admin of this forum , which just happens to carry a bit of authority . If you or anyone else is too short sighted to take what he says on that parks condition as the way it is , then yer on yer own .

No worries , we'll take you in spite . :)

13 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

He happens to be about the only link to a particular park , not to mention the admin of this forum , which just happens to carry a bit of authority .

Escapees ~ About Us

With the retirement of Cathie and Bud in 2016, Travis and Melanie stepped up as President and Vice-President of Escapees RV Club, respectively. 

I know who Travis is. But my point is that not all newbies do. So why would they give any more weight to his post than any other post? When did we become so quick to attack one another? I certainly didn't mean to be attacking anyone; I was defending a newbie.

Linda Sand

54 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I know who Travis is. But my point is that not all newbies do. So why would they give any more weight to his post than any other post? When did we become so quick to attack one another? I certainly didn't mean to be attacking anyone; I was defending a newbie.

Linda Sand

Simply because of his 'badge' of authority . 

And , no attacks intended , at least , not on my part . I thought I was stating the obvious , but ???

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

When did we become so quick to attack one another? I certainly didn't mean to be attacking anyone; I was defending a newbie.

A worthwhile action, but I really didn't take anyone's response as intended to attack. I hope that no attack was intended as sharing of information should be what the forums are about. And I do hope that new members understand but if not, then thank you for taking that position.  :)

Archived