Confused what goes where

Vegas Teacher

This is sweet. After trailer is done, Jacalopee is in cab of truck waiting to be installed.

Did you pull the wires out of the commercial plug (back side) or plug into the commercial plug and run to the Jacaloppe? Instructions say to use a plug, but I am thinking it would be better to keep as much as possible inside the cab.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

2 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

This is sweet. After trailer is done, Jacalopee is in cab of truck waiting to be installed.

Did you pull the wires out of the commercial plug (back side) or plug into the commercial plug and run to the Jacaloppe? Instructions say to use a plug, but I am thinking it would be better to keep as much as possible inside the cab.

I was able to pull the commercial wire to the terminal strip. Then the terminal stripe to the Jackoppee. I hope this helps.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

11 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

so not plugged in with a plug, but just pulled the wires direct?

That is the way I do it....direct to the strips. I see no use for a plug that is both expensive and can go bad. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

4 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

That is the way I do it....direct to the strips. I see no use for a plug that is both expensive and can go bad. 

Thanks. I was thinking same thing. 

If you are "lucky" you will have enough wire to reach...otherwise it is splicing time. I've only ever had to splice one.....they usually reach.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

3 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

If you are "lucky" you will have enough wire to reach...otherwise it is splicing time. I've only ever had to splice one.....they usually reach.

My plug is in back of sleeper about floor height. I have to take the interior panels off to access, which is why I haven't done it yet. Truck projects on hold until trailer projects are done. Soon. Week one is complete.

11 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

so not plugged in with a plug, but just pulled the wires direct?

I also went to the terminal strips. I had enough length of wire to reach the strips. My Jackalopee and terminal strips are mounted to a piece of 3/4" plywood. I also used a wire relieve clamp on the floor to hold the wires going to the terminal strips.

Al

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:47 AM, alan0043 said:

Hi Cory,

I am going to try to post a couple pictures of my set-up. I think it can help you.

iLTvEV6l.jpg

B3UbQbKl.jpg

Alan,

What is the wood (?) you used to make your backer board and how did you attach it to the back wall of the cab?

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

28 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Alan,

What is the wood (?) you used to make your backer board and how did you attach it to the back wall of the cab?

Hi Av8r,

The backer board is 3/4 " plywood. The reason that I used 3/4" is because I had a piece in my barn that was about the correct size. I also made the backer board in the shape on an " L". It is held onto the truck in 5 places. I know that is over kill but that is just me. In the picture you can see four of the bolts. That bolts size is 1/4" - 20 used in four place. In the second picture in the upper right corner you can see a silver bolt head. At the bottom on that same side there is also a bolt that you can't see. That side is the small side of the "L". On the small side of the "L" is two bolts both 1/4"-20. Also in the second picture you can see a total of three bolts. The center or dark colored bolt head is metric. The metric bolt also holds one of the front tow hooks in place. I do not know what the size is. You could probably just use four bolts total. The way that I got the threads in the truck was with the use of threaded insert rivet ( size used 1/4"-20). Some people might call it a nut sert or rive nut. One other thing that I did was to remove that lower panel in the storage boxes so I could do some clean up and paint. The paint that I used was Glidden Gripper. It is a primer sealer. The reason I used it was I had some in my garage. The paint seems to be holding up. I also used a roller to apply the paint. No brush marks.

I hope this helps. If you need more please keep asking questions. I hope I will have some answers for you. Good luck.
Al

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:32 AM, Stickman81 said:

Awesome work sir!

Hi Stickman,

Thank you for the compliment.

Archived