Super Moon

Pat & Pete

Remember to get out to a nice open high point tonight so you'll have a good view of the 'Super Moon' .

The moon will be the closest to earth since 1948 . You all remember that , don't you ? laughban.gif

Anyway , just something to say you actually saw/did .

Have a good time . icon_smile.gif

https://www.google.com/#q=supermoon+2016

Goes around , comes around .

Yea, I need to open the door and step out to see it. Well, guess I can kill two birds with one stone. I can take my dog out for the last time tonight and look at the moon then too!

We have pretty much the same plan . ;)

So far , the sky has cleared nicely . The moon is bright , but , I expected bigger . It is still early , so hopefully a bit later will prove 'more' .

One question I have is....... IF we were not told it was a 'Super Moon', would we really be able to tell with our eyes only?

Supposedly , yes .

From what I saw , it didn't seem much bigger , if any , than normal . And , we had clear skies .

I've heard disappointment from different parts of the country , so , I guess I wasn't the only one to think it wasn't much . :(

The moon is the same size here as there . The only difference is that made by the density of the atmosphere you happen to be looking through .

The horizon will present a bigger moon than that same moon viewed at zenith .

I'm being too technical , Sorry . I'd say it's about a finger wide at the horizon , but maybe half that at zenith . ;)

Archived