50A Power Pal

Zulu

I'm thinking of buying this 50A Power Pal because it looks to be a lot easier to use than one of these as the former talks to you while the latter is almost impossible to read in daylight.

Also, is there a 30A adapter for this guy?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

While this is the first I've heard of your new test equipment idea, it really doesn't protect you from anything, while the Surge Guard 4470 does have surge protection in the event of something like a lightning strike. What we used for our 50a RV was the Surge Guard 38450 that has protection for nearly all power problems and particularly for low voltage sag issues, which is the most common power problem. But it is more expensive.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I didn't think they were making Power Pal any more but Kirk is right, this is just an elaborate meter/tester. Most of the problem I have run into with Park Power is under load and the Power Pal can't sense that.

Spend the money for a full fleged EMS system which is monitoring input power all the time.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Sigh . . .

I already have an EMS (Surge Guard 40240), but since I have a TRC Voltage Regulator (ie, autoformer), TRC recommends this config: Pedestal > Model 44270 > Voltage Regulator > Surge Guard 40240 EMS. The 44270 is just a fault indicator -- you plug it in before connecting the autoformer in order to protect the autoformer. The 40240 is the EMS.

BTW, this is my current setup and I don't want a PI unit.

Anyway, the 44270 uses very dim LEDs that's why I like the 50A Power Pal -- it's loud.

So has anyone been able to use a 50A Power Pal on a 30A outlet?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

So has anyone been able to use a 50A Power Pal on a 30A outlet?

WOW! That is quite a ton of gear and a lot of redundancy going on there. ^_^

If a talking meter before you consider plugging in would make your life easier.. go for it. Myself... I would just fabricate a sun shield to make the 44270's led's more visible. Another 170 bones on top of the 1.3k already invested wouldn't be worth it to me, but.. to each their own.

The Power Pal will read 30A and 20A just fine. Any ol standard adapter will do.

How could anything be any easier then a EMS? You just plug it in and if there is an issue it will stop the

power from getting to the RV. That test meter will only show that it is good when you are testing. I have a whole set of testers

from Sears and they were only $100 on sale.

Wow.. I didn't think any surge protector was that good.

Not if lightning hits the RV, but it does a fine job when a power line is struck, which isn't all that rare in spring thunderstorms. We used to replace a lot of power supplies for customers from lightning caused surges.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived