Anyone know what this is?

Labauer

We are in the process of purchasing land in order to keep residency in TN when we sell the house and go fulltime next year. There is a 5th wheeler on the property that was left who knows when. The current owners we are buying from are leaving it. We want it gone however don't know of someone might want to restore it. We haven't seen the inside and cannot tell from the outside what brand is the rv. Was wondering if anyone recognizes this rv?post-55299-0-08259600-1469849269_thumb.jpegpost-55299-0-35531700-1469849281_thumb.jpeg

Make removing it as part of the purchase. No sense you worry about the thing. Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

The owners were building a tiny house so property has frame of house, box truck, and building supplies besides rv. As part of contract they are takng house, truck, supplies but not rv since it wasn't theirs. We got a great price so didn't push rv.

Make removing it as part of the purchase. No sense you worry about the thing. Good luck. Dennis

I agree...there can be all kinds of unknown problems associated.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

You may need to buy new or good used tires to even move it. The frame may break into pieces if you try to move it. Before you even start the process check everything out. It will be hard to sell or give away without a title. Maybe you could find someone wanting it for a hunting camp depending on what part of the country you are in.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

Maybe just dig a hole push it in and use it as a tornado shelter , as long as it lasts . :D

But , you might want to talk to the junkyard and see what it will cost you have them take it away . They might just do it for free . I wouldn't expect to get anything from them as scrap is not paying very well these days .

Goes around , comes around .

Find the VIN number, it should be on the pinbox somewhere. Then ask your local DMV to run a search for the owner. There is a title somewhere for it. But if nothing turns up, you should be able to run a local ad in the newspaper saying that a rv that was left on such and such property will be removed and trashed unless moved...etc (public notice). After the ad runs, I'd call a junk man to come haul it for the steel and aluminum

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Find a local scrap person, Craigslist is the best place, and since it is old and likely has no DMV records, let them demo it on site for the recyclables. Make sure they clean up after themselves as part of the job. Do it as one of the first items after you take ownership.

Marcel

Looks to me like a Layton or Wilderness from the mid-70's

Ron

If memory serves (which sometimes it doesn't) Wilderness had the green and yellowish stripe and Layton had a burgundy and yellowish stripe. Both manufactured by Skyline.

Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually 6X6, RAM Puck w/ Demco 21K Autoslide, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4.10, Loaded.

Cart: 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA, Bells, Whistles.

Looks like a 1968 Roachcoach to me. I had something I wanted the WHOLE THING to go away for free, not just the easy stuff. Told the guy I wanted $300 before he started, and when every scrap was gone I'd give it back. NO PROBLEM, goodbye junk!

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Looks like a 1968 Roachcoach to me. I had something I wanted the WHOLE THING to go away for free, not just the easy stuff. Told the guy I wanted $300 before he started, and when every scrap was gone I'd give it back. NO PROBLEM, goodbye junk!

That is a great idea. Hold a deposit till the job, even if its free, is done right. Return the deposit if you are satisfied with the end result. Heck, rental yards do it all the time. Makes sense!!

Marcel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We closed on the property with rv included. The title was torn up but attorney did a bill of sale. A neighbor to our property asked for the rv. Other neighbors lined up for it if he changed his mind. He didn't and he removed it. We transferred title through another bill of sale. Never found a vin or name on the rv. It's from the 80s. Thank you for all your ideas?

Archived