2013 DRV Tradition

Enterprise

There is a big difference between the Tradition and the Landmark, the Tradition has a heaver chassis, better insulation and the Tradition does not have laminated sides. But Thor has decided that those two trailers will cut into each other profits, So Tradition is gone and Landmark 365 will be Heartland's top trailer and of course Bighorn is a step down from Landmark.

Personally I think there was more money to be made in the Heartland trailers, but they are all good trailers so pick the one that you like.

• 1 month later...

We bought the 2013 Tradition which was in very good shape and well cared for. Have been camping in the yard to learn the systems, electronics as well as make trips to local store to personalize, i.e. Command hooks, shelf liner, small plastic baskets to hold various items, etc. Than camped at campground with full hookups to really test drive the unit. Very happy with our choice.

We did go to Elkhart and toured Drv, Jayco, Grand Design, CedarCreek and Heartland. Noticed very different construction methods/materials. Learned the workforce starts at 5 am and workers either done after eight hr day or by the number of units completed that day. Most are 11 to 15 units a day, Drv was two a day. Some plants do a Pdi on all units like Drv, some do 2 of 5, some are random. Tours were well worth the time to understand the industry and the market each manufacturers cater to.

Now in the countdown to retirement!

There is a big difference between the Tradition and the Landmark, the Tradition has a heaver chassis, better insulation and the Tradition does not have laminated sides. But Thor has decided that those two trailers will cut into each other profits, So Tradition is gone and Landmark 365 will be Heartland's top trailer and of course Bighorn is a step down from Landmark.

Personally I think there was more money to be made in the Heartland trailers, but they are all good trailers so pick the one that you like.

I would question your statement on chassis. Tradition does not use the same as MS or ES. Construction is different. Not necessarily better. A good laminated dense foam wall is superior to hung batten. I have had both so I can vouch for this. DRV uses the same as in houses and compress it due to it is thicker than walls. You loose a lot of r value when you compress batten. Anyone that has installed insulation knows this. And yes, Tradition was created to compete with Landmark and others. So now that Heartland owns DRV it had to go

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I would question your statement on chassis. Tradition does not use the same as MS or ES. Construction is different. Not necessarily better. A good laminated dense foam wall is superior to hung batten. I have had both so I can vouch for this. DRV uses the same as in houses and compress it due to it is thicker than walls. You loose a lot of r value when you compress batten. Anyone that has installed insulation knows this. And yes, Tradition was created to compete with Landmark and others. So now that Heartland owns DRV it had to go

A big differences was I I the frame. Tradition had an eye beam and the other suites are full boxed frame.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 1 month later...

I question your statement on chassis, I did not compare Tradition to an MS or ES I compared it to a landmark. A laminated wall is not better than a 2 1/4" wall, built with aluminum studs at 16" on center welded and bolted. And wool insulation is by far better than Styrofoam, and after owning two DRV's the insulation fits very well in the wall. I have owned both types of trailers to and that's why I have own DRV's and Cedar Creek's

Glenn I know you don't like DRV's and you take every opportunity to put them down, but they are a good trailer.

Enterprise, good luck with your Tradition you are going to love it.

The DRV Tradition is in the same line as the Heartland Landmark series. DRV has dropped the Tradition line so it doesn't compete with the Landmark series that Thor already owned. Many of the were the same, same materials, same fit and finish.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Well my Teton is draft free and easy to heat and cool. My drv was drafty. What does that say?

All that says is that, in your opinion, your DRV was drafty and hard to heat and cool. It does not mean that all of them are nor does it mean that "most will agree". Your sample opinion consists of exactly one trailer. I'm sure that you will find others that will agree with you and others (myself among them) that will disagree. I know that I have had ours in zero degree weather and was very comfortable.

Another thing to remember, Teton might be the best trailer in the world but if you are wanting to buy one be prepared to buy a trailer that is at least 8 years old. DRV is still here, still selling trailers and still supporting them for warranty work. ANY RV on the market today will have issues and that includes the 3 big custom builders. Some units will have more issues than others but no RV company builds the perfect RV.

I know that you have been happy with your Teton and I am proud for you but you also need to realize that some pour soul ahead of you more than likely fixed all of the issues that were preset when the trailer was built. You are enjoying the fruits of their pain.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived