TPMS Wireing

Shallow Draft

I just received my TST 507 tire presure monitor and he signal booster.

My 1st question is where did others who have installed this system connect to. Did you wire to hot or keyed power?

The monitor will not turn off when wired hot. Is his a problem?

Connected hot allows for tire pressure checking without a key which would be handy.

2nd question has to do with the signal booster power source. I have a Jackalope and it would be easy to connect to the trailer plug in hot wire. I can' remember if the Jackalope has to have a trailer plugged into it to activate the auxiliary wire. Testing showed no power but I am assuming that this would be a good source of when the trailer is connected.

Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

The TST 507 is not recommended for hot-wiring. Being connected all the time can cook the battery.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

That is what I was thinking. The directions are not clear on this or I missed that part.

Thank you

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Not a TST, but I wired my Pressure Pro directly and mounted it by my left knee specifically so I can check pressures without climbing into the cab. I simply pull the power plug when the truck is sitting for more than a day or two.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I have my TST 507 monitor wired to a source that's only hot in the "Acc" or "On" key positions. To check pressures without the key, I just turn the switch on the monitor on so it runs on it's own battery. With the switch off, the monitor turns on when external power is applied.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Put it on a switch You can turn on and off when you like. Wire to the CB power for easy hookup if you want.

Leave it off when not needed then.

For the repeater I leave mine powered all the time. No issues with that. Can use power in the pin box if easy access or front fifth wheel storage area by batteries.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Thanks for all the great information and Ideas. I a m sure this install will be much easyer now with the extra help.

I think I will put the booster on the back of the truck so it works with both trailers. I am going to wire it to the charge wire to the trailer and see how that works.

Does having the repeater powered all the time put you at risk for draining the battery?

No I have the truck on a battery tender when it is not being driven. I was more concerned about the booster being on all the time and shortening it's life.

I have my TST 507 monitor wired to a source that's only hot in the "Acc" or "On" key positions. To check pressures without the key, I just turn the switch on the monitor on so it runs on it's own battery. With the switch off, the monitor turns on when external power is applied.

I wired my monitor exactly like this and use it the same way.

I mounted my repeater in the fiver next to my control center and power panel (high up near the ceiling). I put it on an unused switch I had in my control center. This way it is only on when I want it. It is part of my check list to turn it on before I hit the road. The switch is right next to my slide control switch, so put slides in, turn repeater on, etc or turn repeater off, put slides out - you get the idea.

Another idea is to connect the repeater power to your running lights. Turn lights on, repeater is on.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Finished this small project. Monitor is wired to key to ACC.

For the repeater I found a wire from the main plug on the back of the truck that is hot only when the key is in the on position. I couldn't find an ACC hot wire in that plug. I connected that wire to 12v direct in the jackalopee and then I had 12 volt hot wire in the trailer connection when the key is in the on or running position.

I am looking forward to the extra info [and one more thing to distract me in the truck].

Next I will have to add more sensors for the truck.

Thanks again for all the input from everyone..

Greg

Archived