Pivoting Sewer Hose Solution - a Great Innovation

Jack Mayer

I just discovered that the pretty cool pivoting sewer hose that used to be installed on almost all Excel 5th wheel trailers is now available to purchase. Previously - when Excel was in business - this was proprietary to Excel. You could not purchase them on the open market. Now you can. I've always looked at these and thought they were a great idea. I have NOTHING to do with this product, but it is something that I think many people would like, which is why I'm posting it. BTRVInnovations is selling it.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Interesting. It would be nice to hear from someone that is actually using one. My concern would be how difficult it would be to get a good internal "flush" on the hoses. Dunno.. but seems like there might be some potential for "build up" accumulating in that flex connector.

To me, it looks like it could make life easier. On the other hand, I have been letting my hose droop from the connection and then come back up to the high end of my accordion hose holder rack thingy. This leaves a water trap sealing up the hose so sewer fumes don't come back into trailer from the campgrounds sewer system.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

I had one (2 different Excels) for almost 11 years & loved it. Had to replace the short hose between the bazooka (thats what I called it) & the dump connector once. Other than that I just had to watch where I parked to be sure the cg's sewer dump was far enough from the trailer to allow for the length of the bazooka. Never had a problem with buildup.

Ron

I had a similar setup on one. I took it off and threw it away.

And why was that Ron? I've played with them on Excel's and they seem beneficial.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack,

Thanks for the link. When we were fulltiming I bought the plastic telescoping tubes sewer hose holder. It was terrible so I kept only the large section that was about five feet long. No swivel but it provided the ramping tube and the hose ends lodged securely in each end allowing me to carry the flushed hose in the truck bed to air dry on the road.

This one has all the advantages of that system with the added heavy duty connector/ pivot. The bigger tube with the cap and securely held connector looks good and a fair price for it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I've used this setup for 12 years of FT (3 Excels) and love it. It works well and I have to admit originally I was worried about it hanging down and getting hit. It just hasn't happened. Designed to be for TT and 5th wheels and not MoHo (too low, etc.). The standard length hose is about 20ft. and adding an extension hose is easy.

Only 2 things that are worth noting after years of using this option. 1) Gotta make sure you screw the end cap on securely. If loose, it can rotate and fall off on the road allowing the slinky to come out and drag (embarrassing). And the 5" cap is not available at every HD or Lowes! Only plumbing warehouse or distributors. 2). Using a thick or heavy duty slinky hose inside the pipe can be hard to handle and stow in the pipe in very cold weather. IMHO the standard 15 mil stuff works best.

The Pivot EZ gets a lot of conversation in the RV Park. Always someone wondering "what the heck is that!" A quick story. We pulled in a park in lower AL and didn't hook up the sewer for just one night. I was on my computer next to a open window and heard about 5 "good ol' boys" next to us have a few beers after work. I heard them guessing at what that thing was. Finally one guy piped up and said "I bet it's a "MISSLE". The looks on those boys face was priceless!!! :unsure: I had to go out and have one of their beers and 'splain what it was and how it worked. Gosh, life is good! rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Archived