Reason #1 To Buy An AutoShift

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Different brands- different names, I-shift, Automated manual, etc.

When you break your right wrist, shifting that 10-speed gets difficult!

Managed to float shift with my left hand reaching across myself.... poor transmission has a little extra metal in it now. :o

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You could always have the DW shift for you! Sorry to here about the wrist, hope you heal quickly.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Damn Jim...don't you know you ain't supposed to do that. (that being whatever you did to break it)

Hope it heals quick.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Damn Jim...don't you know you ain't supposed to do that. (that being whatever you did to break it)

Hope it heals quick.

I stepped where I shouldn't have, and would have been better off bouncing on my butt than landing on 1 bent wrist....

Good news today is it's a clean break. So we're sporting a short cast that allows me to move my fingers and elbow!

Now for 6 weeks to get by so 2 hand typing can return...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I stepped where I shouldn't have, and would have been better off bouncing on my butt than landing on 1 bent wrist....

Good news today is it's a clean break. So we're sporting a short cast that allows me to move my fingers and elbow!

Now for 6 weeks to get by so 2 hand typing can return...

Dang hope you heal quickly.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Sure hate to hear this. Praying for speedy recovery. An accident like that would possibly end my career.

Thanks Glen, I am having to jump through several hoops, and "tests" to prove I can still work. No issues, but this is a big inconvenience.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Reason #1 To Buy An AutoShift

And all this time I thought bad knees and just being lazy were the #1 reasons. Now I find out that according to you there are three #1's...damn. :wacko: If this list gets any longer I'm gonna have to start writing this stuff down. :unsure:

2014 smart Fortwo

It's a Distal Radius Fracture in my right wrist. Thankfully no surgery needed. Swelling is down and I have movement back in my fingers today.

If I could blame this on too much drink I would, but I was actually working and sober! :D

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I've always said working is hazardous for your health :) Glad it's gonna mend on its own. Take it easy on it and let it heal.....and drink lots of Dr. Pepper. B)

2014 smart Fortwo

Howdy Jim,

Hope you heal well and soon. Look on the bright side you only broke one, I broke both of my wrists at the same time. Should have heard me yell when they took the casts off, first one hurt, the second one I knew what I was in for. I don't know what they do for casts nowadays, but in the olden times 50 years ago when they used plaster that stuff loved to pull hair out of your hide. :unsure:

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I had one of those plaster jobs once on an ankle... don't think the hair ever grew back!

New ones are a epoxy coated fiberglass, that is water activated. And they put a sock over the area first B) so removal is much better. Still can't get them wet though.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived