Tampa RV show 2016

lappir

1Rod..website says hours are 9:00-6:00 Wed.-Sat. and 9:00-5:00 on Sun.

Thank you. I could have looked it up but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We will be set up in the main lot by 301 gate boondock. Look fwd to seeing some folks!

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We moved the two New Horizons in yesterday. The ALL NEW Summit is interesting and can be had for $180K - it is pretty nice for that....

The Summit has a new Dodge 5500 in front of it. The Majestic has a Volvo 730 with smart on deck, in front of it.....

Come by and check it out!!

If anybody is out there today if you find me you can come in with us - but once security is set up on Tuesday that will not be possible. We are in the south campground. If you drive the loop road you cannot miss my truck - it is parked next to the road. And you will see the rig.

Marsha (Spacecraft) has a very nice 40' front bath floorplan with half bath on main level. By the main entrance, as usual. I forgot to ask her the list price...but I'll post it later....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Yep, been waiting anxiously for weeks for this show. With any luck at all this will be the last time that I'm there as a looker. Next year I'll be a buyer!

Plan to get there a few minutes before gate opening Saturday morning and they're gonna have to kick me out of there in the evening. Might even bring an overnight bag just in case I'm too tired to drive back (2.5 hrs).

I've got a long list of items to look for/research and a million questions to ask.

Yeah, this will be my third time to this particular show and I've been to almost every other show in Florida. I think I've got a model all picked out but I'll keep an open mind right up until the moment I hand over that check.

This year will be all about researching what I call 'side stuff' gizmos, gadgets, discount offers, etc. I usually stride right through what I call "the gauntlet" but this year I'll be diving in with both feet. I'm really hoping that the folks from Delaware North will be there again.

There's a seminar at 3:00 for full timing and that will be a don't miss. Getting to talk to someone face to face will be a gold mine of information!

Russ

Industry day was yesterday and the show opens to the public today. We are at the New Horizons display with two New Horizons and ONE RV Hauler - a 730. All for sale :)

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We just like to go and see the new stuff and the latest changes meet with friends and dinner.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Heading down from Tallahassee in a little bit. Hearing a bit of rain on the roof so I guess the motorcycle will have to stay home. Weather channel reported chance of some rough weather along my route today and tomorrow. Hope it holds off for the show.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

I just chatted with Roger Dickinson. There is a chance of severe rain and possible tornadoes tomorrow morning. Yall stay safe and keep your heads down.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Oh Boy did it ever get nasty!

Woo Hoo, we came back on Thursday afternoon from the Super Show, started raining on the drive (to Naples)

Friday was windy & rainy in Naples as well as up in Tampa.

Last night was the final 1-2 punch!

Wicked gales, rain & tornados.

I hope everyone of our own in our wobbly boxes made out ok.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Back home safely. Glad I drove instead of rode. There was only a slight drizzle on me getting to the Show this morning but the winds on the way back North could have been fun on the bike and getting my new rugs home would have required some inventive tying. Found a few things I want to work on so it was a good trip.

Chatted with Jack, Mark, and Greg. Had the pleasure of meeting a new couple on the way out of the event who had their new 2016 Volvo getting ready to hook up and head out. I chatted with couple on their way in who were looking to make a purchase of a new Class A, it was their 4th day to the event. I probably confused them a bit talking about my truck and trailer and saw them later in the Freighliner Showhauler asking if it could be built on a Volvo. So long until next year Tampa.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

I was up a good part of last night, packing and loading getting ready to roll if things turned real bad. About 2:20 am there was a huge flash behind the trailer and an instantaneous crack of lightening. So it was real close.

Evidently 2 were killed an hour south of Tampa.

The sat dish was dropped on Carlo's recommendation from RF Mogul...The dish acts like a big sail and not a good idea to risk damage.

Tandem axle wrecker was busy dragging out DP's from the mud.

Despite the rain and wind it was a very good show. I don't know the show statistics yet, but with the weather I doubt they beat Hershey on attendance.

It was nice to see the HDTers that stopped by the New Horizons boot, where Marc Jones, Gregg Shields and I were showing Marc's truck with the New Horizons Majestic.

Marc and I are relaxing today here on the show grounds.....it is nice to not have a schedule.

Tomorrow we hear to Pensacola. Marc and Dawn are here in Fl for another week or so.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Archived