Walmart Verizon contract phones

D&J

Is there a difference if you buy a Verizon contact phone beside the price from Walmart instead of the Verizon Store. I can get a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Walmart for $98 cash and a 2 year contract, the same phone from Verizon is $19.83 ($476 total) a month for two years.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Is there a difference if you buy a Verizon contact phone beside the price from Walmart instead of the Verizon Store. I can get a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Walmart for $98 cash and a 2 year contract, the same phone from Verizon is $19.83 ($476 total) a month for two years.

Denny

I think the monthly plans are priced differently. You need to look into that. With Verizon, I can walk away anytime I want now plus the line access is $25 less a month over the 2 year contracts. Just look at the fine print on both of them.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

not sure on your prices, seems dirt cheap,

one of my pc customers has str8 talk from walmart, on the verizon network. pays 48 bucks a month using there network but with no contract with verizon

he just had to buy the chip for the str8 talk system.

also one question, verizon has canceled there contract for ppl (as long as your not in one) same with most wireless carriers. so confused when you say with a 2yr contract?

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

There's no difference in buying a subsidized phone from Walmart to get under contract than buying a subsidized phone from Verizon to get under contract.

Verizon still sells subsidized phones on two year contracts for people who have America's Choice, America's Choice II, Nationwide, Share Everything, and More Everything plans. They do not offer two year contracts on the new Verizon Plan, sometimes referred to as the Ice Cream Plan.

Buying a subsidized phone to get under contract can be done at Best Buy, Costco, Target, Apple, and many other Verizon authorized retailers. Those retailers often offer a better price on phones than Verizon does. During December, Best Buy was selling the Samsung S6 for $1 on the two year contract.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

If you use your phone as a hot spot for internet, as I do and I find it very fast service, much faster then I get at home with Hughes.net, the Walmart plan doesn't let you

do the hot spot. Unless they have changed?

The OP is not asking about a Walmart plan. He is asking about buying a phone from Walmart to use on his Verizon plan.

Denny, it depends on what plan you are on. If you're on an America's Choice or Nationwide plan, you don't pay extra per month for a subsidized phone. If you're on a Share Everything or More Everything plan, you get a discount for owning your own phone. So, on those plans, I believe you'd pay more per month for a contract subsidized phone than if you own it outright.

Verizon does not push the 2 year contracts anymore. They prefer that you use the monthly payment system for buying a new phone. However, they do still offer 2 year contracts, and they are a favorable alternative for those with America's Choice or Nationwide plans.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

The OP is not asking about a Walmart plan. He is asking about buying a phone from Walmart to use on his Verizon plan.

Denny, it depends on what plan you are on. If you're on an America's Choice or Nationwide plan, you don't pay extra per month for a subsidized phone. If you're on a Share Everything or More Everything plan, you get a discount for owning your own phone. So, on those plans, I believe you'd pay more per month for a contract subsidized phone than if you own it outright.

Verizon does not push the 2 year contracts anymore. They prefer that you use the monthly payment sys?tem for buying a new phone. However, they do still offer 2 year contracts, and they are a favorable alternative for those with America's Choice or Nationwide plans.

We have one smartphone that we own and a Ellipsis 8 Verizon tablet under their new plan where you buy your data and $20 for each phone and $10 for the tablet/hotspot. The new phone will replace my Tracfone smartphone and the number will be ported to the new phone.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

We have one smartphone that we own and a Ellipsis 8 Verizon tablet under their new plan where you buy your data and $20 for each phone and $10 for the tablet/hotspot. The new phone will replace my Tracfone smartphone and the number will be ported to the new phone.

Denny

It's my understanding that you can't do a two year contract on the new Verizon plan, if that's what you're on. I'm not familiar with Tracfone's service at all.

It's my understanding that you can't do a two year contract on the new Verizon plan, if that's what you're on. I'm not familiar with Tracfone's service at all.

You still can do a 2 year contact and buy the phone outright or go on a payment plan for 2 years 0% interest, I bought my tablet at a reduced price but it's still on a 2 year contract with a penalty for early termination. I'm just not sure how the Walmart plan works, are they a agent for Verizon or will it be a separate plan, I want to add the phone to my existing plan.

Tracfone is pay as you go, ours is on the Verizon CDMA so it's 3G only and no roaming like a Verizon phone will, I will change when my data is close to being used up.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I will have to stop back again and see if I can talk to someone that knows more than the first one I talked to.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I will have to stop back again and see if I can talk to someone that knows more than the first one I talked to.

Denny

And therein lies the problem with buy from someplace like Walmart. Most of the time the personnel in the phone department are little more than cash register checkout people, with little to no knowledge of how all the intricacies of wireless plans really work.

2006 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL w/ Mor/Ryde IS Suspension and Hydraulic Brakes

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD w/B&W turnover hitch and Companion

And therein lies the problem with buy from someplace like Walmart. Most of the time the personnel in the phone department are little more than cash register checkout people, with little to no knowledge of how all the intricacies of wireless plans really work.

The same could be said for most of the staff at the Verizon stores...

I've always been a tinkerer and a fixer...

So what better way to stay active in my retirement than to buy an RV...

The same could be said for most of the staff at the Verizon stores...

I will agree with that, last time I was there the guy waiting on me had to go to someone else to get answers on something as simple will the phone I was looking at roam. I did find out that any phone sold be Verizon will roam, he tried to tell my that Verizon is everywhere so you don't need roaming, I told he must no get out of town much.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I have another question that I think I know the answer for but not sure. If I have a Verizon phone can I take the sims card out of it and put it in another Verizon comparable phone, I think I can but not sure.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I have another question that I think I know the answer for but not sure. If I have a Verizon phone can I take the sims card out of it and put it in another Verizon comparable phone, I think I can but not sure.

Denny

I have been with Verizon for over 10 years and have had many different phones from them. Not one of them has ever had a removable sim card. I know AT&T and I think Sprint phones have removable sim cards. The phones (iPhone, Samsung, LG etc.) are the same with each carrier (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint etc,) but the Verizon versions do not have removable sim cards.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Denny

Yes, you can. All Verizon 4G phones have sim cards. There are three sizes.....mini, micro, and nano. You may have to use a sim cutter and adapter to switch back and forth if your phones have different sizes. For example, I use a phone with a mini sim and one with a nano sim. So, I cut down my mini sim to nano size, then use an adapter when I go back to the phone which requires a mini sim.

The cutter and adapters are readily available and inexpensive from Amazon and others.

Well I've got a education on cell phones the last few weeks, the Walmart phone I looked at sounded like a great deal along with the $1 deal at Best Buy but it's a two year contract with a added $20 a month for the two years , so instead of the $20 for each phone on my Verizon account it will be $40 so the phone is really $480 plus the up front cost.

Verizon has a Samsung Prime Core phone for $144 retail with a two year contract that will do everything I want and it will only add $20 a month to my plan. Unless something better comes along this is the way I'm going.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Guys..... my first post.... so please be patient. From Australia coming to US in March for a 6 moth road trip..... all over US ( hoping to visit 40+ states) very confusing internet system :blink: Was looking at the walmart / verizon offers.... but cannot work out what will be best :mellow: I have the use of a US Samsung S5 .... I want 8-10 Gig a month but to act as a hotspot for my other devices (I saw on one of the posts some plans dont allow this??? ). Only there 6 months.... and no credit score so a 2 year plan not an option -_- and when it says no roaming... I take it that means no international roaming but will work state-side?? Any clearing of the "fog" would be appreciated :)

Aussies Going to US For Road Trip

in a 34' Pace Arrow :)

Open to all info possible

Phil & Jo Hutchison

Melbourne, Australia

Guys..... my first post.... so please be patient. From Australia coming to US in March for a 6 moth road trip..... all over US ( hoping to visit 40+ states) very confusing internet system :blink: Was looking at the walmart / verizon offers.... but cannot work out what will be best :mellow: I have the use of a US Samsung S5 .... I want 8-10 Gig a month but to act as a hotspot for my other devices (I saw on one of the posts some plans dont allow this??? ). Only there 6 months.... and no credit score so a 2 year plan not an option -_- and when it says no roaming... I take it that means no international roaming but will work state-side?? Any clearing of the "fog" would be appreciated :)

If you have a Verizon Samsung S5 that's not on a plan now you should be able to get a Verizon XL data plan for $80 a month and then add the phone for $20 + activation fees with no contract. When you leave just cancel the plan.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

If you have a Verizon Samsung S5 that's not on a plan now you should be able to get a Verizon XL data plan for $80 a month and then add the phone for $20 + activation fees with no contract. When you leave just cancel the plan.

Denny

Cheers Danny......sounds just what we are looking for..... will check if the US phone we have is verizon compatible.... ..... do you know if this type of plan allows for Hotspot use? and use all over the US?

Aussies Going to US For Road Trip

in a 34' Pace Arrow :)

Open to all info possible

Phil & Jo Hutchison

Melbourne, Australia

Cheers Danny......sounds just what we are looking for..... will check if the US phone we have is verizon compatible.... ..... do you know if this type of plan allows for Hotspot use? and use all over the US?

Yes you can use the phone for a hot spot anywhere Verizon works and that covers most of the US.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Archived