Poll: What do "you" call a vehicle towed behind your Motorhome?

Al F

Poll: What do "you" call a vehicle towed behind your Motorhome?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do "you" call a vehicle towed behind your motorhome?

• Toad
    • Towd
    • Tow'ed
    • Dinghy
    • Other (please elaborate)

• 2 weeks later...

We tend to use "toad", "dingy" and "Jeep" interchangeably when talking about the Jeep Liberty we drag along behind us. Which term I use in a given conversation depends on who and the nature of the conversation. When we're travelling - and I'm talking to my wife and/or other camper - it splits between "toad" and "dingy" pretty equally. When we're home or talking to "non RV'ers" - I generally refer to it as the "Jeep".

For the "Other - please elaborate"

My first MH was a 71 Winnebago. I towed an VW Baja Bug

*If* I had the desire or need to tell someone about that, i would simply say, "I tow a VW Baja Bug"

Of course, I understand what all the terms are - and if someone told me, "My dingy is Honda CRV" - or one of the

current terms for the vehicle they tow - I would know what they mean.

IMO - it's kinda like being in with the "in" crowd for nomenclature of/for what you tow

*If* I was asked...do I tow something - or do you have a "toad", etc. - I would still say - "I tow a brand/model".

Much ado over nothing!

Folks in New Jersey go to the "shore".

In CA, we go to the "beach"..

If you saw a long "Caravan" on the highway in the US - you might mean, a lot of vehicles, as in "Mercy sakes we got a convoy".

In Great Britain - it could simply be a long trailer (where most are short).

Anyway, not pulling your chain (Huh??) - when I say, "whatever rings your chimes!" (Say what???)... B) .

Archived