Stuck in Ely Nevada

Wrknrvr

Can you believe it. Drove long hours to get out of Missoula Mt.

Stopped in Ely Navada and decided to rest on Sunday.

High winds all day although sporadic. So decided not to travel today. Did not see any other RVs traveling by either.

Now there is a two-tone yeollow and white truck sitting next to us. The white is gaining thickness as I am writing this post.

Yes it is my fault for resting on Sunday, but sometimes you need some rest. Building snowmen tomorrow. Maybe even a snow women.

If we can get out of here we may go to the Pheonix nascar race.

Jeff would not by snow chains so here we sit.

No I will not drive the RV in snow either unless absolutely nessisaory.post-94-0-63452100-1447115227_thumb.jpeg

Will report in the am.

Safe Travels. Vern

That's a pretty cool paint job. White over yellow!

Better to be safe.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Vern, you just need to think....it could be worse: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1830/620/1600/Pics0002.jpg

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Ely is a good place to be. They have an interesting Steam train there.. Not sure if it is running this time of year..

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

I think that white stuff is a special uv blocker applied sporadically up north to keep the paint from fading.

If not applied properly, it can cause difficulties seeing out and will blow off in the wind.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

It is now daylight in Ely Nevada .post-94-0-15636700-1447165052_thumb.jpeg

The fresh white stuff thickened up over night. Looks like 14" or more. It was suppose to be 1"to 4" .

Last night when we returned to the RV there was maybe 4".

As for the steam train they apparently still have water in atleast one boiler There was a faint suffer smell from the fire being banked off for the night to keep things from freezing for the evening. Several years ago we did ride the train on Mother's Day. The have real large original train complex that is original.

Late last night there was a weather alert for 1' to3' in the mountains.

And no snow shovel

Safe Travels, Vern

Holy you-know-what! Those weather guys never get the snowfall right -- if they say 6", they really mean "between 1 & 20 inches." Looks like they erred on the low side. Get back on in that hot tub; I'm not sure you'll be going anywhere for another day or two.

On the bright side, you're getting some well-deserved downtime from your busy work schedule. I'm sure you're wishing you were somewhere a bit warmer, though!

Stay safe...

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Hey, we're stuck in Ely, too! Drove down from Jackpot yesterday and debated whether to spend the night here or make it over the pass down to Lund. Obviously, we made the wrong choice! Will probably not try to leave until tomorrow.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Can you believe it. Drove long hours to get out of Missoula Mt.

Stopped in Ely Navada and decided to rest on Sunday.

High winds all day although sporadic. So decided not to travel today. Did not see any other RVs traveling by either.

Now there is a two-tone yeollow and white truck sitting next to us. The white is gaining thickness as I am writing this post.

Yes it is my fault for resting on Sunday, but sometimes you need some rest. Building snowmen tomorrow. Maybe even a snow women.

If we can get out of here we may go to the Pheonix nascar race.

Jeff would not by snow chains so here we sit.

No I will not drive the RV in snow either unless absolutely nessisaory. image.jpeg

Will report in the am.

Safe Travels. Vern

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

We got here to PIR in the general RV area yesterday. It is windy here today and supposed to be less windy tomorrow. Forecast rain showers Saturday night to Sunday morning. If just showers should be good to go for Sundays race.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

We are also at the Prospectors RV Park. Currently in Space 4, but may be moving to another site since the sewer drain at this site is higher than where the hose comes out of the RV (but, from the looks of it, most of them are that way). We've spent the morning scraping off all the snow from the places that we can reach from the ground or a ladder, both on the car and the RV. Apparently, US-6 over Murry Summit down to the junction with NV-318 is clear, but I think we're still going to wait it out another day.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived