Box Elder problems

scouserl41

We’ve had conferences with the SD DPS Director and the DPS counsel who indicated that the reason they will not grant current members with anything more than a temporary license is because there was a non-disclosed “exception” written for the existing mail services operating in the state, that supposedly only allows mail forwarding services to offer “one” address and who operate full “sortation” services within the state. Neither of these “exceptions” are public, nor has there been any copies of these “policies” provided to us.

Its great that you responded Travis. If you have not alreadt done so, You may want to make a comment on the Escapees Friends Facebook page as there is quite as conversation there as well about the issue

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We signed up with Americas Mailbox earlier this year and have had a very good experience so far. Have MDT and 5er in SD now. Working on simplifying and selling off in our "House". 25+ years as a contractor so lots of equipment in my 3000SF shop and large lot to downsize. But it takes time and lots of effort.

Looking for an opportunity to use my skills on the road, since we're not "retirement" age yet, so still needing to earn for a while more. We're tried RV inspection and RV roofing so far. Not a good match for us, but we REALLY ENJOYED interacting with RVers. RVers make the best customers and friends.

We're had RVs for 30+ years and know that is where we want to live. So we're still trying to find that opportunity that will fit us.

Marcel

News Update on South Dakota!

As stated in a previous post, “We don’t typically publicize our advocacy until we have a resolution or it becomes necessary to involve our members”… Great news, we now have a resolution! We just spoke with the South Dakota DPS counsel and they are now allowing the issuance of permanent driver’s license to our South Dakota mail service members. The DPS office will be mailing permanent license in the next few weeks to those members who received a temporary license. We are happy to report that Escapees will now be accepting new South Dakota Mail Service members.

Support, Knowledge and Parking are key components of what Escapees stands for. Advocacy is also a top priority and while Escapees goal is to provide a total support network for all RVers we will continue to advocate for your rights.

I appreciate all that Escapees does for advocacy for RVers. Thanks.

Joani & Alberto, 1999 Rexhall Rexair 3550

We named our RV Our Casita and got personalized Idaho license plates "RCASITA" because it is our little house in spanish,

Our two dogs always travel with us, Badger 12 years old & Sheba 6 years old

Great news, I really hate it when folks play silly games for personal reasons that impact the lives of other innocent folks and with no concern for the damage they are causing them.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Are you talking about the escapees mail forwarding company? I have heard there have been a lot of problems using their mail forwarding. I plan to use America' mailbox when I begin my full timing starting in April 2016.

Are you referring to the brand new SKP / SD or SKP in general? If so, what problems? Can you be more specific? We've been using SKP for more than five years with very few correctable issues. The SD SKP is having some major teething issues but, the problems at one of three locations shouldn't give a black eye to the others. I'd have very, very little patience for what BnB is going through and would probably jump ship rather than fret about it for a year. It is a shame that Escapees is not working with him closely. It would leave a bitter taste for certain. But I would also try to understand that it is NOT the entire organization that is having issues.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Are you referring to the brand new SKP / SD or SKP in general? If so, what problems? Can you be more specific? We've been using SKP for more than five years with very few correctable issues. The SD SKP is having some major teething issues but, the problems at one of three locations shouldn't give a black eye to the others. I'd have very, very little patience for what BnB is going through and would probably jump ship rather than fret about it for a year. It is a shame that Escapees is not working with him closely. It would leave a bitter taste for certain. But I would also try to understand that it is NOT the entire organization that is having issues.

Did you read Travis Carr's post #31 above??? The SD issues have been resolved...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I'd have very, very little patience for what BnB is going through and would probably jump ship rather than fret about it for a year. It is a shame that Escapees is not working with him closely. It would leave a bitter taste for certain. But I would also try to understand that it is NOT the entire organization that is having issues.

Lets just back up here.

Yes there was a problem and we were a little disappointed at the lack of input from SKP's at that time. Posting to this forum got us the response we were looking for.

Yes the problem has now been resolved and SKP's has now been VERY forthcoming both on and off the forum.

We understand that the problem was NOT CREATED BY SKP's and they were wary of making the reasons for the problem public because it was in the hands of the lawyers and eventually ended up on the Governor's desk for a decision. Making a big noise about it may have created many more problems.

We have been extremely happy with SKP's from our first experience at Boot Camp thru joining the local chapter (Go Shanty Shakers) and enjoying Escapade in Tucson.

We believe this issue is now resolved,

Thanks for all the input

BnB.

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

We believe this issue is now resolved,

Thank you for confirming the actions of Escapees and the report given by Travis I have been part of the Escapees since the mid 90's and have had many wonderful experiences because of them and have met some truly find RV folks because of the club. It is reassuring to hear your report which just confirms my long led belief in the club and the sort of people who both manage the club and the members of the club.

Sorry we didn't get to meet in Tucson, but do watch for us in Essex Junction! I'll be working with security again.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Did you read Travis Carr's post #31 above??? The SD issues have been resolved...

Well, actually no.... Try not to read too much into my post. I was being supportive of SKP. supporting of the OP.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Archived