Brake Valve repair

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

I know there have been several threads recently about the dash brake valves being repaired or replaced..... And mine is leaking and in need to be replaced as well.

My question is-

Is there a site where I can Input my VIN# and it will spit out the part number I need?

Without going to Volvo..

Reason being, is it a Haldex? Meritor? Or Volvo specific because of the 1998 model with the White/GMC connection.

We're running thru Oklahoma City Friday so if one is available at a non-$ BringYourVolvoDumpTruck price$- we could pick it up and replace it over the weekend.

1998 Volvo 610 if this helps any of the computer guru's!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

The part number is usually " stamped or molded" to the front or side of valve. If you can get to it you can cross reference to the right valve. Lots of places to get the valve other than at a Volvo dealerships parts department.

Jim,

Best to just get a look at it. Dealer as well as Class 8 using my VIN gave me a part number which was $200 more expensive. I just went ahead and took mine out and found out it was not the part number based on VIN but a Haldex KN 20619. I ended up purchasing locally at TruckPro for same price as any online. BTW bought one of the kits to repair my old one for $25. Don't waste the money on the rebuild. Apparently you need to pressure test the valve all kinds of ways before reinstalling. If you go that route let me know and I'll send you the test sheet.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I'm planning on getting the fuse cover off, pull the dash forward and radio out tomorrow so hopefully I can find a model # by sticking the camera around the back or sides. If not then I'll tackle the knob removal and pull the cover plate off.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

LOL - excuse alert - Jim is going to buy one of those fibre optic camera' thingies.!!!! - http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-Waterproof-7mm-6LED-USB-Endoscope-Borescope-Snake-Inspection-Camera-Scope-/291489204633

My My, you caught on quick! :D

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Jim,

My model number was on the back side between the six quick connects. Also has sticker on left side. Good luck. BTW Meritor number was the same except it was RKN20619 instead of Haldex KN. There are also cross reference guides on line.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

If you google just the part number, you will find several people offering that valve at varying prices. Hino Trucks hino.com has it on sale for 216.00.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

If you can wait until Monday morning, I'd just remove the assembly and see if you can determine a part number. If not, find a non-branded truck parts outlet and put it on the counter. They'll fix you up, and likely not gouge you any worse than what you spend on fuel chasing the best price.

I've had pretty good luck with smaller shops when needing repairs away from home. I've only been ripped off once, by a big name company store.

Good luck.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Jim,

My model number was on the back side between the six quick connects. Also has sticker on left side. Good luck. BTW Meritor number was the same except it was RKN20619 instead of Haldex KN. There are also cross reference guides on line.

Hi Carl,

I have sent you a P/M. Questions on a different subject.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Get it fixed yet Jim?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Parts are on the way. Got the VIN looked up and Googled the part #. Class 8 had the best price online when you took shipping into consideration. The old one is still working, leaking air but working. It leaks maybe 10psi per hour, just a constant hiss. The valve has also had a slow release for awhile. Instead of a quick release of air when pushed, it's a 5-8 second release.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Volvo Truck 85112212 Dash Valve Brake

This is the cross-referenced number that came up based on entering the VIN number in a parts database at a NAPA truck repair facility. I have no idea what the part number is on the valve still in the dash as the truck is my daily driver and I can't afford any down time.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Volvo Truck 85112212 Dash Valve Brake

This is the cross-referenced number that came up based on entering the VIN number in a parts database at a NAPA truck repair facility. I have no idea what the part number is on the valve still in the dash as the truck is my daily driver and I can't afford any down time.

Jim,

When you get yours done I'll let you do mine in Hutch this fall :D

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

It's really not a hard fix.... once you get to the valve after removing all of the dash trim pieces and hoping its the same configuration on the air line connections. One clue... take a good picture of the different colored airlines and how they are connected to the old valve. If you can't take a picture draw a diagram it may save you some heart ache when putting in the new valve. It seems on some of the new style valves the connections may or may not be the same as the older valve.

Jim,

When you get yours done I'll let you do mine in Hutch this fall :D

Roger

Roger,

Be happy to help you if needed at Hutch. Replacing really not that hard. :)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived