Montana Graphics

freestoneangler

Does any one know what years the Montana series coaches had the problems with the decal graphics? We have seen a few that look awful and the salesman said it was an issue only for a few years... 2004-2008 if memory serves.

Brief i-search is showing it more widespread. Hoping to find out if it's been corrected and at what model year.

Thanks

The graphics on our 2008 Montana we bought new did not hold up well. Edges curled up after about 2 years. The graphics on our 2012 Montana which is now 3 1/2 years old are still the same as new. Not sure when they changed suppliers.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Our 2002 model had the decal problem. Removed them and installed replacements. Even the replacements were starting to go bad when we upgraded to a 2012 model. So far no problems with it. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

My 2009 started to curl after only a few years. Now they are so bad the curling of the graphics is causing wind resistance when going down the road. :wacko:

I was hoping to remove and replace them this winter but other pressing projects have kept me from it. Hopefully this fall. Does anybody have a source for older graphics? I will put newer ones on if that is all I can find but it would be nice to replace with the original graphics (but better quality).

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

A friend of mine has 2007 Montana. The mountain on the front cap went bad during the 2nd year. He called Montana and they sent him a new one. The guy is 80, gets this big tube in the mail, pulls out the new mountain, looks at me and says "just what the hell am I suppose to do with this"? I told him the removal and new placement was something he didn't want to do, so I suggested a sign shop, etc. He went to one in Yuma, AZ. where we winter. The guy at the shop was really nice and hear is what he said. "I bet you have a Montana. I'll gladly do the job for you but a couple years down the road you will be back here cursing me". I think it is still in the shed at the park.

• 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine has a 2004 and Keystone sent him 4 sets. We took off the old ones this winter and put new ones on in 3 days. Jim still has 3 sets in case the new ones come apart. Only problem with the new decals, they are not exactly the same size.

Gary & Karen, Do you know who at Keystone your friend contacted? I've got a 2010 Keystone Fusion and the decals are terrible and need replacing. Do you know why they sent him 3 sets?

Thanks

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spoke with a Montana owner and he told me that the cost of the nose cap graphic was close to $500...OUCH!

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All vinyl will succumb to the elements -- especially the sun -- eventually. Premium/Professional grade vinyl sheeting typically has a seven year lifetime rating, from what I've seen, based on "average" conditions. Lower grade vinyl won't last that long, and there may be some super-premium stuff somewhere that will go beyond that. Naturally, if it's constantly exposed to the sun, you likely won't get the lifespan that it's rated for.

When I brought my then seven year old Teton to south Texas (I bought it used, so I don't know what conditions the prior owners had exposed it to during the first six years), the decals still looked pretty darned good. A year and a half in the south Texas sun took care of that in a hurry.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

I heard recently that the newer decals on the Montana's, from I think 2010 on, are still made by the same company as the older ones, they are just spec'd out using a higher quality material. We were in Goshen last year, and an older Montana was being worked on during the rally by a mobile company, removing the decals and installing new ones. The only problem was, the new decals were not exactly the same and the gel coat was shiny where the old decals were and dull where there was no decal. It almost seemed that an artist could probably custom paint graphics where there were decals and eliminate the decal issue for the same or less than buying and installing decals, if they were even available.

I always said if I ever order new it will be either no vinyl graphics and/or painted stripes and graphics if any. I know, I've seen a few without and they do look forlorn. But not deteriorated.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV, I'm with you there. If I could have bought what we have without the graphics I would have been tickled. And I wouldn't care if it looked like a big white ghost down the road either. There was a toy hauler manufacture in So Cal that didn't do graphics, the thought being that the owners would do what they wanted. And those bare white fivers still look good.

Archived