FRONT FENDER FAIRING REPAIR PLASTIC EPOXY ADHESIVE

Refuzn-To-Grow-Up

On my 2008 Volvo, 780, the left front fender fairing has separated from its mounting bracket. Both pieces appear to be made of some type of plastic. The fairing was attached with some type of adhesive.

I just searched the Resource Guide and found no solution. Does anyone have any recommendations for an epoxy that will be suitable for this type of plastic repair?

Thanks,

Jim

As I recall, Loctite also has some very hi-tech automotive adhesive products that a lot of the off-road-racers depend on.....pretty tough applications...

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

do a search Uber my name. I had a panel on my kenworth seperate. Someone suggested a product. Worked great and great support. Not too bad in price. You do not want to use the wrong product. Mayne Scrap will chime in

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

SEM makes an adhesive (2 part) that I've used for fairings and bumpers. Auto BODY supply (not auto PARTS) stores will have it or similar by 3M. There's also "Lourdes Fusor" which was used by GM to bond the panels on Lumina vans etc, but usually in professional applicators only.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Quiz your local Volvo dealers body shop. The type of material and its compatibility to the adhesive is critical. Good luck

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

The West System product is "Six10".

It is a two-part gap filling epoxy adhesive in a self metering cartridge. Bonds to wood, metal, fiberglass, and concrete.

I use it quite often on fiberglass panels. It does not flow on vertical surfaces. An excellent product.

Archived