Hitch Hiker 2 switch ID?

Deezl Smoke

Going thru the HH with a fine tooth comb as they say, I finally got around to turning on the third switch on the panel at the entry door. It slightly dims the other lights, but I can not figure out what it activates. It is not the water pump, nor the outside lights. I read the entire owners manual and it does not reference these switches anywhere.

The first one, which is on, operates two lights just as you enter the coach. The middle one operates an outside yellow light. The third is what I wish to figure out. All three toggle on or off, not momentary.

I took the multi tester around to all the outlets with the switch in the off position and they all have power, so that;s not it.

What might this switch operate?

20150119_165037.jpg

I'm a work'n on it.

Maybe an outside scare light on the other side of the 5W? If you don't get an answer here try the NuWa Owners Forum, post the year and model and an owner with the same unit will probably respond. Greg http://nuwaowners.org/

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Maybe an outside scare light on the other side of the 5W? If you don't get an answer here try the NuWa Owners Forum, post the year and model and an owner with the same unit will probably respond. Greg http://nuwaowners.org/

And what am I, chopped liver?

:)

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Does not appear to be a scare light. But I'll see if there is a light in the compartment. My HH is a 1990 year model 30' RK. Thanks.

The owner's forum is a good suggestion - although I'm surprised it isn't the outside light on the driver's side.

Nope, not chopped liver, I was writing my post as you posted yours. "Butcher" Greg

I guessed it was something like that. I couldn't help but laugh at the wording of your post right under mine.

Once in awhile we'll be driving along and two or three people, one after another, will pull out in front of us - I always say, "I hate it when our cloaking mode gets turned on" - that's kind of what crossed my mind when your post about "if no one answers" came up right under my answer. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance it is bringing on lights in your awning?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Maybe a outside light by the steps.. I have one and unless your looking right at it you would never know its there.

X2 only shows at night......or maybe the bulb is burned out on it. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Deezl Smoke did you figure out what it was and did you go join the NUWA forum..

Going thru the HH with a fine tooth comb as they say, I finally got around to turning on the third switch on the panel at the entry door. It slightly dims the other lights, but I can not figure out what it activates. It is not the water pump, nor the outside lights. I read the entire owners manual and it does not reference these switches anywhere.

The first one, which is on, operates two lights just as you enter the coach. The middle one operates an outside yellow light. The third is what I wish to figure out. All three toggle on or off, not momentary.

I took the multi tester around to all the outlets with the switch in the off position and they all have power, so that;s not it.

What might this switch operate?

20150119_165037.jpg

2012 Nuwa Champgne 38CKRD

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500

Full timing since 11/20/2012

event.png

Deezl,

We had the same year HH for our first rig and both of us remember that three switch box at the door. Take the box off and see if the third switch has any wires that come from it. We can't remember what the switch turned out to be or not. But we did have a second scare light in the back or driver side of the rig. There are pics of that rig on our website. Sorry both of us are drawing a blank.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived