Weirdest pets?

Mantislover

Had an old man neighbor with 3 ferrets running loose in his rig. He'd put them on a leash and walk them one at a time. I looked inside the rig one day and you wouldn't believe the shape of his couch and chairs. Their front toenails are like razorblades. Unfreakin believable!!!

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

The Pot Bellied Pig's name is Rosie. She travels with a solo owner in a TT. According to her owner she is house trained and will come back when called. Rosie is friendly with people and dogs, our two schnauzers found her quite fascinating. If you get the chance you can go up and pet her. We met her, and owner, at a NY state park.

Is there more than one?

Dogs, 3 big ones, doesn't sound weird until you realize it was a couple in a tiny teardrop and to move around inside someone or a couple furballs had to go outside to make room.

They had a small older mini-pickup, an old beat up teardrop these three big dogs and were having a heck of a good time.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

We had a camping neighbor that had a rabbit names Snickers. He had his own little padded cage that he travelled in. The held and petted him, but he was not allowed to run free.

Oh My, I totally forgot about the goat (baby) that a camper brought with them. I don't remember the reason they didn't leave him with whomever was taking care of the other animals, but he camped with them for a week. How could I forget that?

Pat DeJong

Is there more than one?

Probably. I don't know when you saw the pot bellied pig, but the one we saw was 14 years ago at a Campground on Fort Peck Lake in northeastern Montana. I have no idea what the pig's name was since we never talked to the owner/s.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Once we did run into a lady and her daughter that had 9 dogs in a big van. Come to find out they were going to do a dog show!

We also have friends that travel FT with 5 pups. One 25 lbs. mutt and 4 little Yorkies in a 45 ft. MoHo!!! She always complains of the vet bills.....Duh!

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

We were riding out in the desert in our RZR and what we thought was the middle of nowhere when we ran across a man walking his pet tortoise which was the size of a car tire....he said he had it from the size of a quarter and it loved to go for walks.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I came across a car stopped in the driving lane of the main road through a State Park that I was managing one afternoon. I talked to the driver and lone occupant who was standing near the back of her car, which was filled to brim with magazines, canned food, and what appeared to be all her life’s possessions. The engine was running and she had a bowl sitting under the back of the car collecting water that was dripping from the tailpipe.

She explained that she was collecting water for her pet rabbit. I tried to tell her she could pull into a parking lot out of traffic and get water from the restroom or one of the drinking fountains. She did not want to move the car while the rabbit, whose name I don’t recall, was under it and would not come out when she called it. I got down and looked under the car, and after moving around and looking from several angles I could not see the rabbit. Then she set some food out next to the exhaust and started talking to the rabbit and asked me to stand back so I would not scare it away again.

To make this long story a bit shorter, let me just say that it was an imaginary rabbit.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

In Az. the people next to us had two very large parrots in two cages inside their RV. During the day they would bring the cages with the parrots inside of them outside for fresh air. The birds were beautiful but very noisy as they squawked a lot. Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

In Az. the people next to us had two very large parrots in two cages inside their RV.

I wonder if that might be the same folks that we met at Rainbow's End several years ago? They had two macaws in a very large cage that had replaced the dinette in the motorhome.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Oh no! Thats sad. The best thing is to be kind. There are too many people who would make fun of her to her face.

I came across a car stopped in the driving lane of the main road through a State Park that I was managing one afternoon. I talked to the driver and lone occupant who was standing near the back of her car, which was filled to brim with magazines, canned food, and what appeared to be all her life’s possessions. The engine was running and she had a bowl sitting under the back of the car collecting water that was dripping from the tailpipe.

She explained that she was collecting water for her pet rabbit. I tried to tell her she could pull into a parking lot out of traffic and get water from the restroom or one of the drinking fountains. She did not want to move the car while the rabbit, whose name I don’t recall, was under it and would not come out when she called it. I got down and looked under the car, and after moving around and looking from several angles I could not see the rabbit. Then she set some food out next to the exhaust and started talking to the rabbit and asked me to stand back so I would not scare it away again.

To make this long story a bit shorter, let me just say that it was an imaginary rabbit.

Jim

I have thought about very small birds, finchs or canaries. They would not bother the neighbors and they are both pretty to look at and hear! I am definitely bringing my mantids.

I wonder if that might be the same folks that we met at Rainbow's End several years ago? They had two macaws in a very large cage that had replaced the dinette in the motorhome.

• 4 weeks later...

mantids are COOL. the first year in my house, i found a mating pair, cut off the branch & kept it on my porch. they hatched the following spring - adorable minis! for years after i had increasing numbers of egg cases all over the yard. i have too many animals inside now to keep up with the outside critters.

• 1 month later...

There was a couple camped on the equestrian loop at Alafia River State Park in Florida that had two miniature horses that traveled with them in their coach. They also had two full sized horses that traveled in a horse trailer. The minis sure looked tiny standing next to the big guys!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived