The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Eric,

someone will post the coordinates once they get there. Its in the free area but with a 2 week limit. 2 weeks is enough for us :)

Our truck is pretty full of firewood and I think Mike and Julie are filling up before they leave Tucson, but the more the better!

I think there are several newbies who have never been to the Desert Bar, so you know that means we'll probably be making a trip there :)

We have reservations in Mesa until Jan. 17th so we'll be rolling into Q on the 17th. Not sure if anyone will get there before us, but we'll all be in touch anyway....

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve I don't see any stinking moon out there. In fact I haven't seen the sky in the past two days. Maybe that is why I don't see any Iridium flares, constellations or Galaxies either and I'd need more than a little fire to coax me to sit outside tonight. Well, back to the Cranberry Juice. Oh Yeah, When I look for Heavenly Bodies I'm not looking up in the sky. OH those Cowgirls.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

For the benefit of those who haven't been to Quartzsite and those who haven't been there in many years. We are meeting this year somewhere in the BLM on Plamosa road which is about 5 miles north of town on highway 95. It goes to the East off the highway. it's paved and the BLM runs back in about 4 Miles. It's Free but you can only stay 14 days then have to move at least 25 miles away to stay in an other BLM. The first ones to get there will pick a site that is large enough for all of us and post the coordinates so the rest of us can find the place. It would be nice if the first people there would also post their phone number just in case someone gets lost trying to find the group area. Also the first ones who pick the site should remember that some of our members have big 40+ feet rigs so pick roads going back in that they can travel over. no deep washes or loose sand and limit the distance off the main road.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Yuck, it's still snowing in Deming. I got my floors scrubbed and the bathroom cleaned in preperation for going to Q. This coming week I'll get started on the outside chores. This cold weather is messing up everything. The normal temperature for this time of year here is 56 degrees. It hasn't got out of the thirties for the past week. I'm going through LP gas like mad. A 7 gallon tank is only lasting 4 days and I have a very efficient Blue Flame heater. Jeri, take me to Hawaii with you. From the looks of the weather reports Quartzsite isn't doing much better.

TID bits:

1 light year is equal to 5.88 x 10 to the 12th power miles or 5.88 Trillion miles. The nearest star (Alpha Centauri) is 4.37 light years away. Let's go. That's a fur piece. It only takes 8 minutes for light from our sun to reach Earth 93 million mile away.

Yuck, it's still snowing in Deming. I Jeri, take me to Hawaii with you.

Can I fold you up and put you in my carry-on? However, we're not leaving until the 12th. Too bad it wasn't earlier because we might have missed this cold spell. Terry had to go with his mom today for outpatient surgery which meant he left before the sun came up. We had to scrape ice off the windshield!! That was a YUCK too. I'm ready for sunshine and warmth!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Change of plans. That jello got frozen, so we used the wheels under our house and we are here in Yuma early. We are at the 14 day BLM at Pilot Knob. The second road past the Chevron (wow, changed from Shell since November) that runs in front of the LTVA. The first area that you come to and we are closest to the road.

We are expecting friends tomorrow and will probably want to go to Lins for dinner. Anyone over there at Ogilby Road, want to come along?

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Cold and windy again today but at least the sun did shine and the future looks a little brighter and warmer. I've got to start taking stuff from my trailer to my shop and bring stuff I want in my trail back over here. I need some warmer weather for that. I'm also not able to take my walk in the morning. The 20 something air would not be good to my lungs. It looks like our magic day will come about Thursday or Friday when it's warm enough to get something done outside.

TID BITS:

If you were standing on the moon looking back at earth, the earth would look about 4 times as wide as a full moon looks here on earth. The diameter of the earth is 7926 miles. The diameter of the moon is 2159 miles which is 27% of the earths diameter. In relation to their planet our moon is the largest in the solar system but Ganymede circling Jupiter is the largest of all moons in the solar system. Our moon comes in 5th among all the moons. The diameter of Ganymede is 3273 miles. The moon's gravity is only 16.6% of earth"s gravity. I hope you don't think I'm mooning Y'all.

Edited by IYQ

Cold and windy again today but at least the sun did shine and the future looks a little brighter and warmer. I've got to start taking stuff from my trailer to my shop and bring stuff I want in my trail back over here. I need some warmer weather for that. I'm also not able to take my walk in the morning. The 20 something air would not be good to my lungs. It looks like our magic day will come about Thursday or Friday when it's warm enough to get something done outside.

TID BITS:

If you were standing on the moon looking back at earth, the earth would look about 4 times as wide as a full moon looks here on earth. The diameter of the earth is 7926 miles. The diameter of the moon is 2159 miles which is 27% of the earths diameter. In relation to their planet our moon is the largest in the solar system but Ganymede circling Jupiter is the largest of all moons in the solar system. Our moon comes in 5th among all the moons. The diameter of Ganymede is 3273 miles. The moon's gravity is only 16.6% of earth"s gravity. I hope you don't think I'm mooning Y'all.

I find all the astro-physics stuff that you share all quite interesting. On a side note, I just returned from Holidays at my son's in Rockledge, FL (Brevard County - home to Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral AF Station, Patrick AFB) He took us on a visitor's tour of the Atlas IV (I think) control center, horizontal integration facility, pad standup and stacking facility from which launch occurs... really very impressive. They launch about 12 - 14 rockets per year. Also got to see the Delta IV (most powerful rocket currently in US arsenal) as well as old launch sites, now abandoned.

Oh crikey Lee...I may not be able to see any stars where we're at but, at least I have your "tidbits"...Keep 'em coming...LOL!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Eric,

someone will post the coordinates once they get there. Its in the free area but with a 2 week limit. 2 weeks is enough for us :)

Our truck is pretty full of firewood and I think Mike and Julie are filling up before they leave Tucson, but the more the better!

I think there are several newbies who have never been to the Desert Bar, so you know that means we'll probably be making a trip there :)

We have reservations in Mesa until Jan. 17th so we'll be rolling into Q on the 17th. Not sure if anyone will get there before us, but we'll all be in touch anyway....

Sue

thanks Sue, I will be watching. We can also meet at the Desert Bar when people go.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Went out this a.m. to catch the Quadrantid meteor shower and can't see a one...dang the lights here in Yuma. Might as well be in NYC. Gotta get out on some BLM! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to crossing the border today with the "Ogilby Road Gang" for a Algodones recon mission. Never been to Mexico. Steve, how are the jails there?!! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Roger, my wife says the jails are not bad. You get two meals a day. She went over there with an expired passport and I didn't know If I would get her back. I did, but they promised me they would keep her!! :ph34r:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Wow, miss a few days on the forum and pages to read! Looks like the Q jello is setting up!

Tina and Jeff are helping with supplies for Margarita night. So we are set for supplies for that night.

However, we are in need of one thing..... does anyone have a bat???

Looks like we did find firewood here in Tucson. So will load the truck with mixed hardwoods. The group does love a good fire .... so we can always use more. Last year we did a couple of morning coffeee time fires which I loved because they involved mimomsas. Mike says he is always ready for the desert bar.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. Will be great to have some "newbies"join us.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Looks like we did find firewood here in Tucson. So will load the truck with mixed hardwoods. The group does love a good fire .... so we can always use more. Last year we did a couple of morning coffeee time fires which I loved because they involved mimomsas. Mike says he is always ready for the desert bar.

I forgot about those mimosas. Those were really good. Heck, I'd rather do that than the Limoncello! Sangria can be good on Italian night. I'll load up some orange juice and some champagne for those early morning pajama get togethers around the fire. However, wasn't that a "ladies" event? I think we'll also make a visit to Costco and bring some of the breakfast rolls to dip in the mimosas! Well, not really to dip. Maybe we can add little umbrellas to our mimosas this year!

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Wow, miss a few days on the forum and pages to read! Looks like the Q jello is setting up!

Tina and Jeff are helping with supplies for Margarita night. So we are set for supplies for that night.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. Will be great to have some "newbies"join us.

I have a Little Slugger type bat that I keep by my chair. It's wooden but only 30" long.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We do! A fish bat! I will expound on that later.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

It's bright and sunny this morning without any wind. It's still in the 30's but feels more like mid 40's. Much improvement over what we have been having. I might actually get something done today. I plan on going over to the shop and get the tools and things I might need at Quartzsite this morning. Then I'll have the maintenance man come check the pressure in all my tires about Wednesday or Thursday and grease my hitch. I'm pretty close to having the inside of the trailer ready now. It looks like I might just make it getting ready to leave about the 17th.

Julie, You should have seen some of the stuff we said about you then edited out before you got back in here to read it. Wow. :)

TID BITS:

The bright orange looking star at the upper left side of the Orion Constellation. "Betelgeuse", is a Red Super Giant. It is so big that if it were placed at the center of our solar system to replace our sun it would completely envelop Mercury, Venus, Earth, the asteroid belt and possibly Jupiter. It is in the dying stage and is expected to explode into a supernova within the next million years. It is 640 Light Years from earth so we are seeing it as it looked 640 years ago. It could have exploded already and the light from the explosion just hasn't got here yet. 640 years after it does explode the light will be so bright it will be easily visible in broad day light and will cast a shadow at night here on earth. The bright light will last for weeks or months. It's a violent place out there in the cosmos. Almost as bad as modern day movies. Keep you eye on it.

One Light Year is 5.8 Trillion miles. times 640 is a long cotton pickin' way. 3.7 quintillion miles. Or 3.7 times 10 to the 18th power miles in Scientific notation. Or 3,700,000,000,000,000,000. miles if you like to write long numbers.

Edited by IYQ

. However, wasn't that a "ladies" event?!

I believe I remember looking out the window and seeing my husband sitting out there. Maybe he was the official Fire Builder?

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I believe I remember looking out the window and seeing my husband sitting out there. Maybe he was the official Fire Builder?

You are right. Since it was a morning pajama party, he was either wearing his pajamas (NOT) or building that fire. We did "encourage" some of the boys to get up early and build that fire for us.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Wow, a heat wave today. It got up to 52 degrees. Now if I can get my tongue out of my cheek I'll fix some dinner.

We met up with Dianne & Tom, Tina & Jeff, and Lynn & Roger this morning and pulled off a raid into Mexico. Pillaged a few local stores, ransacked a restaurant, ran from a gathering group of angry peasants and made it back by the skin of our teeth. Whew! We introduced Roger & Lynn to the cartel and left them as hostages while we made our escape!! :o Now all we have to do is divvy up our ill gotten goods and plan our next excursion!! All and all it was a fine day and we all had a great time! :lol: Now it's' time for a Steve zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We met up with Dianne & Tom, Tina & Jeff, and Lynn & Roger this morning and pulled off a raid into Mexico. Pillaged a few local stores, ransacked a restaurant, ran from a gathering group of angry peasants and made it back by the skin of our teeth. Whew! We introduced Roger & Lynn to the cartel and left them as hostages while we made our escape!! :o Now all we have to do is divvy up our ill gotten goods and plan our next excursion!! All and all it was a fine day and we all had a great time! :lol: Now it's' time for a Steve zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm happy to report that Lynn & I made it out by the skin of our wallet Steve! After the raiding party's stop for mess and grog that Packer poncho was starting to look like a sexy addition to my pirate wardrobe. Fortunately, more sober minds prevailed...Lynn. Managed to pillage a bottle of Kahlua so, Dianne the next Kahlua & ice cream party is on us! Got back to the CG in time to keep the party going with our friends here in the finally warm afternoon sun. Missed my siesta so I crawled into my hammock early to catch a movie and ended up missing it by slipping into a Steve zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Good thing I can rewind it LOL! That was one great prelude to the prelim to Q!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Pillaging, raiding, ransacking ? ..... I'm associating with people I warned my kids to stay away from, :D:D

I live by my mentor's quote:

"Be good and you will be lonesome." Mark Twain :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe