The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're always up before the crack of dawn. I notice when you post because I'm usually up then too. However, you're in California so you're even an hour earlier. Do you head to bed at 7PM?

Anyone planning on going to Escapade March 8-13 in Tucson? I just looked at the seminar schedule and there are some interesting seminars this year. However, I've learned in the past that seminars are only as good as the presenter.

Can't shake the ol' work schedule Jeri! Actually, I've always been an early riser...that's why I'd go into work early. Can't sleep in so may as well get up, go to work and get out early. I like mornings...can't wait to start the day I guess and I can go out and see the stars...lots of peace and quiet. Not worth a darn later in the day but, now I can take naps...couldn't do that at work. Love "working" now on my schedule! We're actually in Yuma so, on MST.

Lynn & I have made reservations for the Escapade. Never been to one and thought we'd give it a try. Curious too if anyone else is going...it would be great to go in as a group! Guess we're in the dry camping area.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Can't shake the ol' work schedule Jeri! Actually, I've always been an early riser...that's why I'd go into work early. Can't sleep in so may as well get up, go to work and get out early. I like mornings...can't wait to start the day I guess and I can go out and see the stars...lots of peace and quiet. Not worth a darn later in the day but, now I can take naps...couldn't do that at work. Love "working" now on my schedule! We're actually in Yuma so, on MST.

Lynn & I have made reservations for the Escapade. Never been to one and thought we'd give it a try. Curious too if anyone else is going...it would be great to go in as a group! Guess we're in the dry camping area.

Roger

I'm a morning person too and not worth my salt at night unless I take a nap but thank goodness I can do that now. Sometimes I get up at 3:30! :( Terry's not so much but he's usually up before 8:00.

I looked at the reservation page this morning to check out rates, etc. It looks like everything but dry camping is sold out now. We've never been to an Escapade either and this one is right where we're going to be so it's a MAYBE. Not sure that we'd do the early arrival thing though.

Did you do that?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Eating in Yuma is great but...wait until we get there on the 4th and we will make a group. We love, love, love Lins and Da Boyz in the old time. There are two flea markets. The Indoor Flea Market has moved next to the Walmart on Pacific. The outdoor flea market is on 32nd out passed the airport. The last time we were at the outdoor market, prices were amazing. Might have something to do with the fact there are way less vendors. We got our 6 x 9 Paddy O'Mat for $18.00.

Are you in a park? with Dwyers? or boondocking? Ogilby Road? or ...

We're at "Las Quintas Oasis R.V. Resort" with a great Albertan couple that we met two years ago. Brenda even knitted us both a pair of socks for Christmas...best socks I've ever had! They're heading back north on Monday.

The Aqua-Hot tech came by yesterday and told us that he couldn't get the new pump shipped in til Monday. So, we're in maintenance limbo and may have to stay here longer till he gets that... installs the cat heater hook up and do some fine tuning on one of the slides that was worked on at Beaver Service back in Bend, OR. It never ends!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Brenda even knitted us both a pair of socks for Christmas...best socks I've ever had!

Roger

Toni knitted me a pair of slippers a couple years ago. I wear them all the time and they even go in my suitcase when we travel. They'll be going to Hawaii with me next week!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I'm a morning person too and not worth my salt at night unless I take a nap but thank goodness I can do that now. Sometimes I get up at 3:30! :( Terry's not so much but he's usually up before 8:00.

I looked at the reservation page this morning to check out rates, etc. It looks like everything but dry camping is sold out now. We've never been to an Escapade either and this one is right where we're going to be so it's a MAYBE. Not sure that we'd do the early arrival thing though.

Did you do that?

Same with Lynn & me...I was up today also at 3:30!

Didn't sign up for early arrival but, did put our name on the hook up list if they get a cancel. Doubt that will happen. It would be great if we could put together a "Classless" group!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Toni knitted me a pair of slippers a couple years ago. I wear them all the time and they even go in my suitcase when we travel. They'll be going to Hawaii with me next week!

Think I'll try to get on Toni's good side...I could use a spare...LOL! :P

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We can't do Escapade, we'll be in Baja Mexico. We had a good time at the Good Sam Rally 3 years ago.

Going to Algodones Tuesday morning to the dentist, lunch and shopping. There may be a some of us going this weekend too.

Roger and Jeri you are up too early.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We can't do Escapade, we'll be in Baja Mexico. We had a good time at the Good Sam Rally 3 years ago.

Going to Algodones Tuesday morning to the dentist, lunch and shopping. There may be a some of us going this weekend too.

Roger and Jeri you are up too early.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

We may be going to Algodones too! Perhaps we can meet at the Customs parking lot? Safety in numbers! Do you have an appointment for the tooth fairy?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We may be going to Algodones too! Perhaps we can meet at the Customs parking lot? Safety in numbers! Do you have an appointment for the tooth fairy?

Roger

Yes we have an appointment. There has been some talk about going over there maybe this weekend. Meet at the parking lot.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Think I'll try to get on Toni's good side...I could use a spare...LOL! :P

Shh about the slippers. I have to make Doug new ones first. How about a dish cloth? They knit up quickly.

We had planned on going to Escapade because it is the only one we have ever been able to attend due to the fact that all the others are in the summer. But teeth expenses and rig expenses put the damper on that. Then we were just going to go to a daily thing but at $30.00 each just for the day, nope, not that either. We will be in Tucson though boondocking at Snyder Hill (just a stone's throw from Diamond J" ) and we are hoping that some groups might join us or at least visit.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Today was absolutely hideous. It was cold, windy and no sun. It only got up to about 35 degrees this afternoon. Q, you better have better weather than this or I'm going way farther south instead. Last night my right foot got cold and nothing I did would warm it up. The left one was just fine. This morning I went to Wal-Mart and bought the thickest socks I could find to wear as bed socks. I might have to put both of them on one foot but I'm going to have warm feet tonight even if I have to give myself a hot foot. Where are all those Cowgirls when you really need them?

TID BITS:

The Earth is traveling at 67,000 MPH in it's 584 million mile trip around the sun in one year. It tilts 23.5 degrees from the plane of the ecliptic. It is closer to the Sun in the winter months in the northern hemisphere than in the summer but because of the tilt the sun's rays strike the northern hemisphere at a long angle making it colder.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks for the info Doug & Toni and thanks for the tidbit Lee! Just shows to go that nothing lasts forever...even the the universe. The big mystery is how all of that space stuff came came out of that Big Bang and how is it all gonna get back into that speck! Blows my mind but, maybe we'll only find out when we check out...I'll leave that to the philosophers...LOL!

Glad you finally got your truck back and in shape. Ten minutes is usually the standard answer for that stuff. When I worked at the utility company we were instructed to tell people that they'd get their power back in less than two hours regardless. Knew it was hooey but, customers wanted to hear something other than "I don't know". Sometimes "IDK" is the better answer to me!

Roger

Roger don't worry about stuffing it all back into that little speck. Since the Big Bang the universe has been expanding and the rate of expansion is accelerating at an ever faster rate. When that expansion speed increases to more than the speed of light everything will disappear because the light can't catch up with us. Problem solved. LOL :)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

BTW...how does all of this Mexican/Italian/Margarita night thing work? I assume that we all bring fixins and then the "chefs" throw it together? Is there a head chef for each and I can volunteer as a "Chef de Partie"? :P And has the group written in ink what days?

Roger

For Margarita night, we will provide chips, salsa, all the makings for Quesadillas, and a boatload of margaritas and all the plates napkins etc. so all you need to bring is an appetite and an alternative drink if you don't like Margaritas. We have the grills to cook them on etc. Last year had quite an assembly line going :)

Last year it started out as Margarita night but our Margaritas are somewhat.....um....potent.... so we decided we better feed people too. It was a great group effort :)

We met with the Swains today and figure that the 22nd, with a rain/too windy date of the 23rd will work for most people so thats our plan.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Roger don't worry about stuffing it all back into that little speck. Since the Big Bang the universe has been expanding and the rate of expansion is accelerating at an ever faster rate. When that expansion speed increases to more than the speed of light everything will disappear because the light can't catch up with us. Problem solved. LOL :)

Ah, the "IYQ Theory"! Works for me...either way, I'm not gonna have to worry about it...whew!

Happy New Year all!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Well if all the stars line up it looks like we will be heading out for Arizona in 3 days. This will be the start of our fulltiming adventure. I have been lurking on the classless class site for a while now and it looks like a fun group. Sooooo, where do I sign up.

Planning on staying in Lake Havasu and may plan a trip to Quartzite and would like to meet up other classless folks.

So how do I get an application form and if there is any dues let me know now so I can break into my wife’s piggy bank cause I know she has money she’s not telling me about.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Well if all the stars line up it looks like we will be heading out for Arizona in 3 days. This will be the start of our fulltiming adventure. I have been lurking on the classless class site for a while now and it looks like a fun group. Sooooo, where do I sign up.

Planning on staying in Lake Havasu and may plan a trip to Quartzite and would like to meet up other classless folks.

So how do I get an application form and if there is any dues let me know now so I can break into my wifes piggy bank cause I know she has money shes not telling me about.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Dennis

Hi there,

Welcome!

No dues, no nothing! Anyone is welcome to join us- If you've read the thread, you have a general idea of when we will be gathering in Quartzsite. Once the first person arrives in Q they will post the coordinates of the area they are in. If you - or anyone else, for that matter-are unfamiliar with driving in the desert, we can usually make arrangements to meet you and guide you in, since it does involve off road driving and it can get confusing.

A lot of us are in AZ already, scattered around. there are a few of us in Tucson, if you are headed through that way- let us know.

Sue

PS where in Havasu are you staying? We will be there Feb 12-April 1 at the Island Resort

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

So how do I get an application form and if there is any dues let me know now so I can break into my wife’s piggy bank cause I know she has money she’s not telling me about.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Dennis

Welcome aboard Dennis. If you are crazy enough to ask to join this group after following us on the forum for a while you'll fit in just fine. The only requirement we have is meeting with us at our annual get-to-gether. You already know we are meeting on Plamosa road in Quartzsite for at least a week around the 21st of January. Some will come earlier and some will stay later. Meeting us in Quartzsite will get you the URL and password for our map site where we all post our current location ( City, State, Campground and site number) then you'll know where every one is and be able to meet up with who ever is along your path as you roam around the country all year. As far as dues bring fire wood and cranberry juice (Wine). That will get you into everything we do at Q. Kidding aside we do chip in for fire wood and wine flows rather freely at our meetings. We sort of decide as we go right here on the form. We have no officers and no dues. We banter back and forth in a friendly way all year long. And every thing we do is by consensus after we toss it around here on the forum. So keep on reading the forum and watch for the GPS coordinates of where we'll meet at the Plamosa road BLM in Quartzsite. And above all chirp right in and talk with us so we get to know you better but be prepared we take things out of context, mis-interpret them embellish them beyond recognition and toss them right back at you. :). IYQ

Thanks Sue and IYQ for the welcome. Sue we are in northern Calif. and will be boondocking for a while at a BLM site 5 miles north of Lake Havasu. Not sure how long the wife is going to let me stay out there before we get a site at a campground in Lake Havasu City or maybe around Parker. Then I would like to go over to Quartzite and check that out for a week, hopefully when your group is there so you can teach me the ins and outs of the place. Then back to Lake Havasu City to the end of February, we have to be back in Calif. by March the 10th for a wedding. I think I jumped the gun a little by saying we would start fulltiming now, actually we are going south for a few months and then come back and get the house ready to rent and head out maybe in June. So if you don't tell anyone that we not really fulltimers yet then I wont...........

IYQ I sure wish I could bring some firewood from home, there's a guy that sells it down the street from me and he fills my pickup up for $20 bucks, but I think I will be pushing it weight wise the way it is, so I will pick some up down there or pitch in for some if anyone else brings some.

Happy travels,

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Thanks Sue and IYQ for the welcome. Sue we are in northern Calif. and will be boondocking for a while at a BLM site 5 miles north of Lake Havasu. Not sure how long the wife is going to let me stay out there before we get a site at a campground in Lake Havasu City or maybe around Parker. Then I would like to go over to Quartzite and check that out for a week, hopefully when your group is there so you can teach me the ins and outs of the place. Then back to Lake Havasu City to the end of February, we have to be back in Calif. by March the 10th for a wedding. I think I jumped the gun a little by saying we would start fulltiming now, actually we are going south for a few months and then come back and get the house ready to rent and head out maybe in June. So if you don't tell anyone that we not really fulltimers yet then I wont...........

IYQ I sure wish I could bring some firewood from home, there's a guy that sells it down the street from me and he fills my pickup up for $20 bucks, but I think I will be pushing it weight wise the way it is, so I will pick some up down there or pitch in for some if anyone else brings some.

Happy travels,

Dennis

Dennis,

Don't worry much about the fire wood. What we usually do is buy some in town and everyone tosses in what they can afford to pay for it. Firewood is very expensive in Quartzsite so those that have room try to bring in some from other places. The stuff we buy is usually oak from Flagstaff but you never know what the guy that sells it will bring. One year it was all avocado. Boy, did it burn nice, no smoke and no popping and cracking. One year Mike found a bunch of cable reels ends. We tried to tear them apart but that didn't work so we just set them on 3 rocks to hold them off the ground and built the fire on top of them. As they burned we just folded them into the center. They made a very good fire for a big group. Just bring yourself (you better bring your wife too. We don't want anyone to get killed.) We'll figure out what to do as it comes up. You can plan on at least one night at Silly Al's Pizza. It's a hoot. Bring your white elephants too. We put them on a big table and let everyone take what they want. Anything that is left goes to the Thrift Store in town as a donation. We have a campfire just about every night (Weather permitting) And Mike and Julie usually lead a group to the Desert Bar between Quartzsite and Parker. Anything you think of, toss it out and we'll take a consensus to see if we want to do it as a group or maybe just a few that want to do it on the side. We are not very formal. In fact we don't really know what that means.

We woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground this morning. That's a heck of a way to ring in the New Year. Buuurrrrr. It warmed up early today. That's if you can call 40 degrees warm. so the snow is almost gone except in shady spots and on the prickly pear cactus. I went out for breakfast and got my truck all dirty from the slush on the road. I just had it washed Tuesday. Oh Well that's how the cookie crumbles. I didn't even look to see if anything is happening in the sky tonight. I'm not going out there and freeze anyway. That white stuff out there might be vanishing cream and I don't want to disappear. HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL

For Margarita night, we will provide chips, salsa, all the makings for Quesadillas, and a boatload of margaritas and all the plates napkins etc. so all you need to bring is an appetite and an alternative drink if you don't like Margaritas. We have the grills to cook them on etc. Last year had quite an assembly line going :)

Last year it started out as Margarita night but our Margaritas are somewhat.....um....potent.... so we decided we better feed people too. It was a great group effort :)

We met with the Swains today and figure that the 22nd, with a rain/too windy date of the 23rd will work for most people so thats our plan.

Sue

that will set our plans to be there the 22nd and 23rd. Haven't been there in 5 years so.......will it be in the same general area as before? And we pay for the nites as we go in? Right? See ya all there......

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Had a nice dinner tonight with Tom & Dianne, Jeff & Tina out here in the desert off Olgiby road. We all cooked our own dinners, and then brought them to our bus to eat. We had a great time talking about everyone (you know who you are), and then had a small campfire to cap off the evening. Still pretty cold out there, but warming up the next 7 days or so. I finally got the lights wired for the towed today and managed to drop a small screw in the dirt just as I was finishing. I spent 30 minutes looking for it and had about given up. Tom showed up with his spy glass and started looking and finally found the dang thing! Every good job has it's just rewards :wacko: Now I finally have the new bus really ready for the road.

IYQ, we decided not to look for any heavenly bodies this evening either. The moon is getting so bright it's almost like daylight in the desert once it comes up, so trying to see the galaxies clash together is not going to be easy. We'll have to get Roger out here to add his eye to the mix and see if we can really see anything. Hmmmm

We're going to go to Mexico Sunday and have a little brain surgery done and Roger wanted to get "Beave" parts, so it should be a productive trip! At least down there you can have a Margarita while you're having your surgery done. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"