The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Jeri: I'm thinking about leaving here sometime between the 15th and 18th of January. If I get there too early they'll kick me out of Plamosa Rd before the Get-To-Gether is over. I hope I can get the oil leak on my truck fixed before that date. These Holidays are not helping in that respect.

Just checking to see when you're going to hit the road. We probably won't be there until about the 19th or 20th.

I saw Jeri, fast move!!

GO PACK!! :D

I thought I ought to let you know since you reminded me to move it. Oops.

When and if you find that quick connect propane thingie in Yuma, let us know. We need to buy a propane tank and a quick connect for our Mr. Heater. We cannot find such in Casa Grande.

We left our quick connect on our other Mr. Heater in Washington so need to get a new one. Maybe we'll look around here. Temperatures aren't quite as warm as we'd like. We've been using the furnace and don't like doing that.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When and if you find that quick connect propane thingie in Yuma, let us know. We need to buy a propane tank and a quick connect for our Mr. Heater. We cannot find such in Casa Grande.

Mind you we are all going to do all this cold related stuff and then it is going to warm up and it will all be in vain. Hopefully!

I checked the Aqua Hot site for a certified repair place in Yuma and contacted "Al's RV Service & Supply". Apparently, they're not in the service end anymore. They gave me the number for a mobile RV mechanic that's certified. I asked him about installing the quick connect and he said he also does those. His name is Jason and his number is (866) 232-3849. If I forget, remind me and I'll let ya know how it went. He's coming out Tuesday to do the work.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Dang Roger "CUT IT OUT" no more maint issues! Lee call the pope and get the equipment. We can do it!! Dave spinning around will create a popepopular vortex and cast the evil maint spell away. :o

I saw Jeri, fast move!!

GO PACK!! :D

Steve, I about wet myself laughing at those images in my little mind! :P

Go Pack indeed...May have to slip something into Lynn's drink to sedate her!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Dave: I'd be glad to answer any questions and to point out the major Constellations with my Lazer pointer when we are at Q. Knowing the Constellations makes it much easier to find your way around while looking at the Sky. I'll also bring my Telescope and let anyone who is interested to a peak at a few of the interesting things up there. In the Heaven-above app. when you click on the date of something your interested in. It will bring up a map of the sky with a line showing the path the object will take and in the case of Iridium flares the time line as it goes across the sky and the point at which it will flare. Hold the map over your head then it will look like the sky at the time of the event and allow you to get an Idea of where the object will be at a particular time so you can be looking there when it happens.

Another student here.

We are 2 miles out on American Girl Mine Road off of Ogilby Road. Think we can get a group together and go to Algodones?

Broncos Who?

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Rats the clouds came in and messed up my good plans. The ISS was to set at 6:06 and the Iridium was to Flare at 6:07. I had it all planned out to watch the ISS then as it went out of sight turn around and catch the Flare just as it happened. I was able to see the ISS a few times going past holes in the clouds but the NE where the Flare was supposed to be was completely socked in. No stars at all. Oh Well, BLT (Better Luck Next-time.)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I had my Quick Connect installed several years ago in Casa Grande at that RV Place on 84 as you come into town from the west (i.e. the Escapee's park)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I had my Quick Connect installed several years ago in Casa Grande at that RV Place on 84 as you come into town from the west (i.e. the Escapee's park)

Yes Lee, that was our first choice too but they close on Saturdays??? and now I think they are closed until after New Years.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

You guys that want to learn the Night Sky and how to identify all the constellations should buy a Planisphere. There is a good one at Amazon called "The Night Sky 30*-40* (Large; North Latitude)". it cost $11.35. It will show you what the night sky looks like at any time on any day. It names all the major Constellations and shows where some of the Deep Sky objects like Galaxies. Nebula and Star Clusters are located. I use mine all the time when planing what to see on a given night. It is also a good reminder when I don't Star Gaze for an extended period. The night sky changes from season to season. So it reminds me what new Constellations will be visible when I do go out again. The stars are all there with different sized dots down to about 6th Magnitude. A larger dot means a brighter star. The brightest stars are named and the name is on the planisphere. You'll enjoy using it.

The night sky changes from season to season. So it reminds me what new Constellations will be visible when I do go out again.You'll enjoy using it.

I noticed that Lee. Somethings happened to one of my favorite constellations, Orion. Used to be high in the sky and now it's barely above the southern horizon in the evening. Can't see the Big Dipper except for the a.m. viewing. Guess that it's below the northern horizon in the eve.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

It's not quiet as cold today and sunny, but the wind kicked up this after noon and messed up a good day. Last night one of my LP tanks went dry and when it switched to the other the OPD (Overfill Protection Device) partially closed. I lite my heater, it would come on looking good then fade to nothing and shut off. Suspecting the OPD I got my trusty little hammer out and kept tapping on the valve. It finally came loose an all is normal again. The best way to make it release is to take it off the trailer and hold it about a foot off the ground and drop it a couple time but I'm too lazy for that. Besides it was cold out there.

INTERESTING INFO:

iridium satellites fly at an average of 483 miles above the earth at an average speed of 16,689 MPH. That's just a little less than 5 miles per second. Don't challenge one to a race. ;) unless you're in the ISS. It travels at 17,227 MPH. That's not bad for such a big buggy. It's 236.2 feet long, 354.3 feet wide and 65.6 feet high. It only takes 92 minutes to orbit the earth.

An Iridium flare went over here tonight at 6:01. That's during dusk. It wasn't dark enough to see the stars except for Vega which is the 2nd brightest star in the northern hemisphere. Knowing the approximate location of Andromeda and Perseus in relation to vega I knew about where to look for the flare. Sure enough and right on schedule I saw the satellite as it flared then disappeared in the not so dark sky. It wasn't very spectacular but it was very rewarding because of the difficulty in being able to see it by knowing where to be looking. And I only had to stand out in the cold for about 3 minutes. It would have been way too light for you guys to see it in Arizona because it gets dark here before it does farther West.

Guys, the next time your wife says you're sitting around doing nothing. Tell her your going 515,000 MPH and you have to keep going at that speed for the next 230 million Years just to get back to where you were. That is the speed our solar system is moving in it's orbit around the galaxy and how long it will take to go all the way around and get back to where it is now. ;)

Rolled into Yuma yesterday and guess what? No problems! :D The Beave ran like a charm...keepin' fingers crossed though. ;)

Never been to Yuma so, we've got a lot of exploring to do...any suggestions? Nice RV park but, too well lit here in the "big city"...probably have to curtail the night sky viewing till we move on.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Rolled into Yuma yesterday and guess what? No problems! :D The Beave ran like a charm...keepin' fingers crossed though. ;)

Never been to Yuma so, we've got a lot of exploring to do...any suggestions? Nice RV park but, too well lit here in the "big city"...probably have to curtail the night sky viewing till we move on.

Roger

The Yuma Territorial State Prison is a good spot to visit as well as the Quartermaster Depot. Be sure to get a piece of pie at the "Back in time Pie Shop" while at the Quartermaster Depot, mmmmm.

The Open Air Market is good. I think it's open pretty much every day. Lots of stuff to look at plus food and entertainment.

Lets see, Martha's Date Farm is a must for the best darn Date Shakes we have ever had!!

There is a Farmers Market every Tuesday morning that opens at 6am. It's a pretty good one.

I know there is more but those are the things that stick in my mind.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

If we do Margarita night on the 22nd or 23rd as Sue thought, perhaps we could do our Italian night on Sunday, the 25th. I thought I'd ask our spaghetti makers (Steve and Toni) what they thought ??? I think just about everyone will be there from about the 21st to the 26th. After that folks will start moving out.

I saw Limoncello at Fry's!!! At $20 a bottle, I didn't stock up. Besides they only had one bottle. I don't think anyone had time to fly to Italy to pick up more bottles. Maybe Algodones?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

The Yuma Territorial State Prison is a good spot to visit as well as the Quartermaster Depot. Be sure to get a piece of pie at the "Back in time Pie Shop" while at the Quartermaster Depot, mmmmm.

The Open Air Market is good. I think it's open pretty much every day. Lots of stuff to look at plus food and entertainment.

Lets see, Martha's Date Farm is a must for the best darn Date Shakes we have ever had!!

There is a Farmers Market every Tuesday morning that opens at 6am. It's a pretty good one.

I know there is more but those are the things that stick in my mind.

Thanks for the tourist info Dave...I knew I could rely on you!

BTW...how does all of this Mexican/Italian/Margarita night thing work? I assume that we all bring fixins and then the "chefs" throw it together? Is there a head chef for each and I can volunteer as a "Chef de Partie"? :P And has the group written in ink what days?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Thanks for the tourist info Dave...I knew I could rely on you!

BTW...how does all of this Mexican/Italian/Margarita night thing work? I assume that we all bring fixins and then the "chefs" throw it together? Is there a head chef for each and I can volunteer as a "Chef de Partie"? :P And has the group written in ink what days?

Roger

I'm thinking you mean how does it work other than the eating? The Swains and Porters are hosting the Margarita night. The Dwyers and Lairds are fixing spaghetti for Italian night. There are a lot of add-ons folks could contribute. I'm not sure we'll need more than two big containers of spaghetti. However, if they do the sauce, someone could do noodles for them. I'd ask the Dwyers and Lairds about that. There's also garlic bread, etc. If I can get a hold of 4 or 5 bottles of limoncello (Italian) I'd like to do that for Italian night or if not, Sangria. Everyone will bring their own paper plates, etc.

----------

Sue said either the 22nd or 23rd for Margarita night. Let's do Italian night on the 25th. That way we have at least one night in between for the events. Anything else can be done impromptu.

Sue? What do you need brought to help you out?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I just got back from the Chevy place. They said the oil leak on my truck is just the pan gasket. They kept the truck and brought me on home and said it will be finished around noon. They will come and get me when it's ready. So that is one less thing I'll have to worry about before leaving for Q.

Roger

Eating in Yuma is great but...wait until we get there on the 4th and we will make a group. We love, love, love Lins and Da Boyz in the old time. There are two flea markets. The Indoor Flea Market has moved next to the Walmart on Pacific. The outdoor flea market is on 32nd out passed the airport. The last time we were at the outdoor market, prices were amazing. Might have something to do with the fact there are way less vendors. We got our 6 x 9 Paddy O'Mat for $18.00.

Are you in a park? with Dwyers? or boondocking? Ogilby Road? or ...

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I just got back from the Chevy place. They said the oil leak on my truck is just the pan gasket. They kept the truck and brought me on home and said it will be finished around noon. They will come and get me when it's ready. So that is one less thing I'll have to worry about before leaving for Q.

Glad you're getting it fixed. Dianne and Tom got hung up in El Centro. Their car battery died - getting it fixed then coming on out here on Ogilby Rd.

Last Tuesday we had lunch with Sandie and Jim. Hope everyone's ears stopped ringing before Saturday nights dinner with Jeri and Terry. Yesterday afternoon Carol and Steve arrived out here on American Girl Mine Rd. No Campfire but ate dinner watching the sun set.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I'm thinking you mean how does it work other than the eating? The Swains and Porters are hosting the Margarita night. The Dwyers and Lairds are fixing spaghetti for Italian night. There are a lot of add-ons folks could contribute. I'm not sure we'll need more than two big containers of spaghetti. However, if they do the sauce, someone could do noodles for them. I'd ask the Dwyers and Lairds about that. There's also garlic bread, etc. If I can get a hold of 4 or 5 bottles of limoncello (Italian) I'd like to do that for Italian night or if not, Sangria. Everyone will bring their own paper plates, etc.

----------

Sue said either the 22nd or 23rd for Margarita night. Let's do Italian night on the 25th. That way we have at least one night in between for the events. Anything else can be done impromptu.

Sue? What do you need brought to help you out?

I like to make baked spaghetti so I will look after both the sauce and the pasta. Yes, everyone else can bring garlic bread, buns and salad. I will make some desserts. 25th is good for us.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I finally got my truck back. When I left it this morning they said it would be ready at noon, at 3 PM I called and ask what the status was. The said we just finished and it's in the wash room now. They said they were sending the driver to get me and he'd be here in about 10 minutes. He finally got here about 5 minutes to 4:00. The good news is it didn't cost anything. Every thing was covered by the warrantee. I hope it's actually fixed. I'd hate to run out of oil on my way to Q.

TID BITS:

Our galaxy ( The Milky Way) and the Andromeda galaxy are on a collision course. They are closing the gap between us at the rate of 70 miles a second. The good news is they are still 2.5 million light years apart and by the time they collide our sun will have become a Red Giant and either toasted us or flung us out into the frigid depths of space. To give you a little idea of how far 2.5 million light years is. One light year is 6 Trillion miles. That's a long walk before breakfast. If you typed the distance in miles, in 12 pt type, the string of zeros would reach the moon and then some.

Thanks for the info Doug & Toni and thanks for the tidbit Lee! Just shows to go that nothing lasts forever...even the the universe. The big mystery is how all of that space stuff came came out of that Big Bang and how is it all gonna get back into that speck! Blows my mind but, maybe we'll only find out when we check out...I'll leave that to the philosophers...LOL!

Glad you finally got your truck back and in shape. Ten minutes is usually the standard answer for that stuff. When I worked at the utility company we were instructed to tell people that they'd get their power back in less than two hours regardless. Knew it was hooey but, customers wanted to hear something other than "I don't know". Sometimes "IDK" is the better answer to me!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Sometimes "IDK" is the better answer to me!

Roger

You're always up before the crack of dawn. I notice when you post because I'm usually up then too. However, you're in California so you're even an hour earlier. Do you head to bed at 7PM?

Anyone planning on going to Escapade March 8-13 in Tucson? I just looked at the seminar schedule and there are some interesting seminars this year. However, I've learned in the past that seminars are only as good as the presenter.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

That's why I like parking next to Jeri....she's up early and I don't need to worry about making noise and waking up my neighbor. You have solar now so you might make me move out by myself with the generator people!!!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686