The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I'm almost missing the heat of the Phoenix Valley. Only 37 here in Helena this morning. That is getting way too cold. However, it is supposed to warm up again starting tomorrow. By warm up I mean into the 70's and 40's.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm almost missing the heat of the Phoenix Valley. Only 37 here in Helena this morning. That is getting way too cold. However, it is supposed to warm up again starting tomorrow. By warm up I mean into the 70's and 40's.

I had to look at the weather forecast this morning too. It's raining outside and we've got two heaters on. The good thing is after today it will leave .... heading to Montana? It's not my fault if you get it there. Temperatures in the 70's and lows in the 40's here too after that. We may have to readjust our departure date if much more of that stuff heads this way.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I hit the road again this morning but when I got to Valley of Fires near Carrizozo I found it completely full, not a single space left. So, I changed my plans (Again) and headed for Monticello campground on the north end of Elephant Butte Lake near Truth or Consequences. This place is nearly empty. This part of the state is beginning to cool now 80's this week and 70's next week. When I leave here I'll go to the riverside campground of Caballo State park about 20 miles the other side of T or C. The whole sum of about 30 miles from here. I've always liked that park even when the cattle roamed freely through the park. They have fences now. It's 89 degrees now but with the AC running I'll survive. It's cool compared to Hartley TX. I hope there are no Monster Shrimp to run me out of here, at least until next week,

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well we escaped the giant shrimp and made it to Shreveport today. Got outside the gravitational field of the food of New Orleans which is pretty hard to do. Our "jello plans" have changed and we are now on the way to Idaho to attend Carols brothers retirement! The poor guy has to retire and move to Homer Alaska to fish for halibut! We've got a couple of weeks to get there so it shouldn't be too bad of a drive. Tonight we are at the Shreveport Elks, back in 30A and not too far off the main road so all is good. Not sure I want to drive as much tomorrow, but it is a new day and who knows what may take place. Jeri, no heaters around here, still running the A/C units and hiding in the shade. Happy travels. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

This morning I got in the longest walk I've been able to do in a long time without hurting. The camping loop here is about a mile long (GUESS). I did the whole circle with no ill effects at all. I didn't take my hand held GPS so I could measure the distance but will try it again either this evening or in the morning and take the GPS. It sure felt good to be able to do it and without even getting short of breath. I've been walking every morning but limiting the walk to a half mile because my hips, back and legs would get so sore I'd spend the rest of the day in bed. Maybe I've got past that now. I hope. We got a couple of new guest for the weekend today but the place is still practically deserted. It's a very nice campground but about 6 miles back in off the interstate and because it is one of the campgrounds of Elephant Butte State Park and 10 miles north of the main park. No body knows about it and it isn't listed in most of the online park finders. The only bad thing is, if you haven't been here before you can't find the Iron Ranger pay station. It's on the main road about 300 yard beyound the turn off for the campground and if you have a large rig there is no place to turn around until you drive on down to the lake and turn around in the parking lot. My rig has a good turning radius and there is no trafic so I can get it headed the opposite way with a 3 point turn.

I had planned on waiting till Monday or Tuesday to go to Walmart and restock on my way to Caballo State Park. But an inventory this morning tells me I'll be running out of a lot of things about tomorrow. I have one more serving of frozen fruit about 2 of cheese and the last Kleenex box is mighty low. Oh well I can eat cheerios without the fruit and as much as I like my wine and cheese snack before going to bed I could just double up on the wine. And maybe I could get away using my sleeve instead of tissue. Hummmmmm!

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I had planned on waiting till Monday or Tuesday to go to Walmart and restock on my way to Caballo State Park. But an inventory this morning tells me I'll be running out of a lot of things about tomorrow. I have one more serving of frozen fruit about 2 of cheese and the last Kleenex box is mighty low. Oh well I can eat cheerios without the fruit and as much as I like my wine and cheese snack before going to bed I could just double up on the wine. And maybe I could get away using my sleeve instead of tissue. Hummmmmm!

In our apartment we keep a box of Kleenex on the back of the toilet. Kleenex and TP can substitute for one another in case of emergency. Of course I alway have hankies in my pocket, too, but they don't substitute for TP.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Jeri - I think your weather is headed this direction. We are going to get an early start tomorrow because they are taking 45 to 55 mph gusts starting tomorrow afternoon as YOUR front moves through. We're headed to Billings to get several appointments taken care of and to see the kids. Seems like we just got to Helena and I can't believe it's time to move on.

Lee - tp is the one thing I never let us run out of. So you can borrow some of ours if you want to head up this way.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Jeri - I think your weather is headed this direction. We are going to get an early start tomorrow because they are taking 45 to 55 mph gusts starting tomorrow afternoon as YOUR front moves through. We're headed to Billings to get several appointments taken care of and to see the kids. Seems like we just got to Helena and I can't believe it's time to move on.

Lee - tp is the one thing I never let us run out of. So you can borrow some of ours if you want to head up this way.

OUR front was only rain. I'm not sure who sent you the wind. It was a definite change in weather arriving from Florida. However, sun is back, rain is gone but fall is still in the air.

Anyone seen or heard from Denise?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Anyone seen or heard from Denise?

Denise has not posted to her blog since July 5th. Says she seems to have lost interest in blogging. I hope she's OK. I don't think she ever got her full strength back after that one bad attack in Q several years ago. If anyone knows anything better, please, let us all know.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

That gravitational pull of food that Steve just escaped came over here a got a firm grip on me. The wind came up at Monticello so after my walk this morning I decided to go to Walmart this morning to restock. Caballo is about the same distance from Walmart to the south as Monticello is to the north. Monticello is 10 miles north on I-25 then about 6 or seven miles east on a ranch road. Caballo is 20 miles due south and just verily off the interstate. So I came to Caballo to get down behind the dam and out of the wind. This park is nearly full but I managed a site with electric. If I run out of something and have to go back to Walmart at T or C. I may go back to Monticello also. I have a bunch of Mexicans in the site beside me. They have one small travel trailer 5 pickups and 5 tents. So far I've only seen 2 men, 9 women and 2 kids. There may be more men off fishing. Of the women the lightest on weighs in at about 350 lbs. They have been continually eating. They will be gone tomorrow afternoon alone with 90% of the others here. I'll change site to a better one when they leave although this one isn't very bad. It just slopes down hill a bit. Today hasn't got out of the 60's so far (5:15 PM). It sure feels good. I only have 2 weeks (max) before I have to be back in Deming. I might just spend it all right here. This campground is one of my favorites.

Here we are back where we came from. Back in Langley for about 2 weeks before we head east to Minnesota and then south.

This afternoon our new axles showed they were worth every penny (axles+rims+tires about $4,000). On Hwy 1, the main freeway into Vancouver we rounded a curve to a sea of brake lights. Yikes, rain soaked road, someone had rolled their truck into a brick wall. We were doing 80-90 kph. Doug pumped the brakes, the trailer started to slide around but then Doug got it under control. A bit of cursing and we were stopped. That never would have happened with the other axles, the larger brakes and bigger tires.

Oh by the way Paul P. - Mr. Blinky is gone. Changed the spark plugs. Two trips to Ford dealers and over $600 later. Hummmmph!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hi All ! I do check in every now and again on this website to see how everybody is doing - and it seems timely that I checked in today.

Sandie/Jeri, I did receive your e-mails and have been meaning to answer them - just have been lacking the 'strength' to do so.

Without going into all the gory details I will tell you that I fell into a really bad depression with very severe anxiety attacks every since April when I arrived back here in Canada. With absolutely no relief at all since then. That's when I not only lost interest in continuing to Blog - but also lost interest in pretty much everything and anything.

Riding the bike has been out of the question due to lack of focus and concentration. There also have been many times when I knew it wouldn't be safe for me to even drive the car.

"I don't think she ever got her full strength back after that one bad attack in Q several years ago." Linda, I think you're spot on with that statement.

Doctor has me on a new medication now that I hope will bring back some life into me !!

Sure appreciate you guys asking about me. Thanks !!

2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 (Toy Hauler)

2006 Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC

http://www.sassysondaroad.blogspot.com/
THE FUTURE IS NOW !!

Hi All ! I do check in every now and again on this website to see how everybody is doing - and it seems timely that I checked in today.

It's sure nice to hear from you. I'm so sorry for what you've been going through but very glad you're doing better. When you can, drop us a note and let us know how you're doing. Hopefully, with the new medicine now you'll be feeling much, much better soon.

Take care of yourself!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

First of all, Denise get well, you are not allowed to get sick anymore. Oh well she never pays attention to anything else I say. But maybe there is a first time for everything.

The mob scene beside me got a little too much yesterday. They moved a truck up beside me only about 10 feet away and blasted the radio all afternoon. So I moved down a couple of sites and now sit in site 47. It has better shade and a little more level than the old site. The people that were in it pulled out at 7 this morning so I grabbed it. Just a few minutes ago a big Bounder, Diesel pusher pulled into site 48 between me and the mob but it won't do much good the mob is loading up now to go back home. It's cool today again. I've been sitting out in the shade of a big cottonwood soaking it in all morning. This evening I might set out my "OCCUPIED"cones and drive to the restaurant in Arrey for dinner for a change. It's just a little place but not too bad. The only veggie they ever serve is canned corn, and of course everything is fried. Oh well, It makes my own cooking taste a lot better.

Just want you to know we care. Post when you can. Somehow communicating by computer is the only thing I seem to be able to do regularly nowadays. I actually went outside yesterday for the first time in months so I know some of what you are going through. I'm not sure if it is a good or bad thing that I have Dave to run errands since it means I don't HAVE to go out.

Linda

They are promising rain today. There is an overcast but it don't look very ripe for rain. Famous last words watch us get flooded and I'm below the dam. It is staying nice and cool. Noon day and it's only 75 degrees and very little wind. I woke up at 4 AM and couldn't go back to sleep this morning. So if it rains I'll just take a Steve and enjoy the pitter patter. I paid for another week this morning so this will be home for a while. I have very nice neighbors although one went back to Deming this morning. I'll look them up when I get back there. We have a skunk that roams the neighborhood at night. When someone sees him they shine their flashlight on him and he takes off for the tall brush and weeds by the canal. I was going to say he "high tails it" but I sure hope he don't. So far there has been no scent.

Edited by IYQ

Our night time temps started to drop below the temp. in the refrigerator. - so we moved south a whole 50 miles- plus a drop in elevation of about 1000 feet. guess you could say we just coasted down hill. :blink:

Does this mean Mike has to put his beer in the refrigerator again? Stay away from the white stuff!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Our night time temps started to drop below the temp. in the refrigerator. - so we moved south a whole 50 miles- plus a drop in elevation of about 1000 feet. guess you could say we just coasted down hill. :blink:

What the heck are you finding in Gallina. They painted over that town when they put the stripe down the center of the highway. I hope they did something for that highway down from El Vado. The last time I was on it, it shook my filling out plus a few other things.

It has drizzled rain here all afternoon and evening. I'm about to go stir crazy. It's just now getting dark and still drizzling. I just checked the forcast and they are calling for more of the same tomorrow. Yuck. There is no TV signal here and NPR and that noize they now call music is all I can get on the radio. I don't watch TV anyway and NPR is just as bad as the noise. Plus I've read every thing I brought with me for reading. I guess a nagging wife would sound good about now. My singing even sounds good including all the sour notes.

Hey, Randy & Liz glad to see you posting, we will be at Q this winter if everything goes well. We are in Norman Oklahoma right now and are leaving in the morning for Berthoud Colorado where my sister lives. Then on to Idaho to my brother in laws retirement (secret) and then to Seattle area I think. So many places, so little time!! :lol:

Denise, glad to see you on the forum. Hope you get on the right meds and that they get you on the trail again. We miss you on here (I have to listen to IYQ with his sour notes) so please chime in when you can.

Mike & Julie, don't use the s*** word yet, we just got out of summer day before yesterday in NOLA!! :o

I went to check the oil on the generator today and as hard as I could pull on the release, it wouldn't open. Now I could just see breaking the cable off and then having to put the bus on a lift or over a ditch to access the latch behind the generator. I finally decided to start the generator and then pull the release with the vibration of the generator helping. IT WORKED!! I was able to check the oil (it was full) and get behind it to lube the latch and now on to cranberry juice and an easy chair. Whew! ducked that one! Everyone have a great day. :D Steve

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

What the heck are you finding in Gallina. They painted over that town when they put the stripe down the center of the highway. I hope they did something for that highway down from El Vado. The last time I was on it, it shook my filling out plus a few other things.

Go easy on Gallina. The hen is only about 16 miles down the road from me.

Hello everyone.

Liz. And randy here from Yellowstone. We are looking forward to seeing many of you again in quartzite.

My sign on is mimi55.

Welcome to the forum- was wonderful to meet you at Q last year and then in Yellowstone this spring. look forward to a fun time this Jan. in Q

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW