The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Sorry to hear about your accident Lee. Take it easy, don't rush things. I've heard a bruise can be worse than a break sometimes. Maybe someone can install a seatbelt on that crazy chair. :)

From sunny and warm Florida, be careful everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The day before yesterday I sat in my secretaries chair and something broke and allowed the chair to tip forward on it's pedestal dumping me out and shooting the chair back. I fell backwards on something hitting my rib cage. Other than the first blast it didn't hurt much right away but getting worse through the evening. But when I tried to go to bed hell broke loose as I tried to lay down. I drove myself into Brawley to the emergency room because I was afraid I had busted a rib. And if I tried to set up the rest of the night. I might fall to sleep, fall out of the chair and brake something else. At 6 AM they finally said nothing was broken just badly bruised. I came home and when the pharmacy opened I had some friends take me back to get the prescription filled. I got my outside folding chair inside and fell to sleep in that. Between muscle spasms and sharp pains I didn't' get much but i did get some. The pain meds didn't help much and i'm still having spasms every time I move wrong. I think I need about 10 gallons of Joe's Baaaadddddddd whiskey.

Hugs Lee. Just not too tight. Hope you feel better soon.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We have been working on our chalkboard this morning. We had planned on going to Yuma (Pilot Knob) the 2nd of January. Last year when we were there, there was a park host that seemed to be enforcing the 2 week limit. So we won't go to Yuma until around the 3rd week of January. We are not going to be with y'all at Quartzsite for a few reasons but hoped that y'all would get together with us in Yuma after the RV show in Quartzsite. I would hate to miss any of you! Seriously, I live for campfires and pot lucks with our very dear rv family. So please, if you can come on down to Yuma after Quartzsite you would make m THRILLED.

Doug and I want to go to The Price is Right after Quartzsite and wondered if any of you would be interested in an outing like that. I was on the show a couple of times many years ago but never as a contestant. Things have changed. You can now get tickets ahead of time. And if you have a group of 15 you get preferred seating. In our experience, if you go as a group with wild t-shirts etc, your chances of getting on stage are much higher. I am sure they would be charmed with a bunch of Happily Homeless Gypsies ensuring us a place on stage. Even if none of us won anything, it would be a blast.

We thought we might just make it a day trip from Yuma or maybe find a Passport America park closer.

Would any of you be interested in joining us?

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

If any of your friends or kids have trouble seeing why we love this life style just read them all the post between my last post and this one. I think anyone would agree its the closest to heaven on earth as you'll find anywhere. I really appreciate all the offers for support and to think that I have carbon copies of that support here at the Slabs and again in Deming is just mind boggling. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

I'm feel a little better now that the pain pills have built up enough to make the muscle spasms more tolerable. I'm going to wait until I can take another dose of pain killer and see if I can actually go to bed tonight and not doze in my folding chair an hour at a time like I have had to be doing. Wish me luck.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

If any of your friends or kids have trouble seeing why we love this life style just read them all the post between my last post and this one. I think anyone would agree its the closest to heaven on earth as you'll find anywhere. I really appreciate all the offers for support and to think that I have carbon copies of that support here at the Slabs and again in Deming is just mind boggling. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

It's our RV family to the rescue if you need it. Terry made the offer to drive you and your rig anyplace you need to go because he can fly back. So, remember that "family".

-----------

We plan on replacing our six batteries before we head to "Q" in January. At least that's the plan if we get around to it. We actually did what you're not supposed to do and added two new batteries last year. We should have replaced all of them then instead of just adding two when we added the solar. They don't seem bad but we thought it might be a good idea. So, if anyone around wants two fairly good batteries, we will probably have them. However, we know there is a core charge for exchange but don't know what that is. We'll have to find that out first .... just an FYI.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Hello, all! We are doing well in the desert of Borrego Springs, CA. No complaints about the weather... 47 degrees this morning. Chance of rain. Beautiful lighting on the desert floor and mountains with the sun/clouds.

Lee - Hope you got some rest last night. Not yet sure of our schedule this next week, but will be in touch before we come down to see what you might need and make a plan. Love the way this "family" is there for each other!

Denise - Look forward to a visit if you come this way!

Tina & Jeff - We enjoy following along with your blog, though can't seem to post comments. Know that we remain connected, and look forward to catching up with you both, and Lynn and Roger, again next year!

Delcie and Freddy... have been thinking of you and hope you are both doing ok out there on your gate guard job. Stay warm and well... looking forward to time together next month!

Diane & Glyn... just let us know when and where. Besides looking forward to time together, we have a list of questions :)

Actually, to all of you... we send our best and look forward to time together in Q. Be safe and well! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

You forgot a lot of people ...

Jeri... didn't mean to hurt your feelings... that's why the last line to everyone :) But some specific notes to injured Lee, and a few we had not been in touch with or heard from for awhile. We do follow along with your blog, as well as many others, and love staying connected in this rv "family" you so warmly welcomed us in nearly a year ago! We look forward to time with you and Terry plus others we know and some we have not yet met. Will be a fun time in Q! Hugs, D & T

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Dang, Lee. I didn't know your chair was a bucking bronco. Sure hope mine doesn't catch that urge. Hope you will be well enough to come to Q next month--those bruises and sore muscles can take a long time to heal.

Linda Sand

ps. Hah! Just found myself wondering if you need some horse linement.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We got together with Jim and Sandie for yet another meal. We certainly like to eat!! We also talked about the upcoming get together. Block your calendar for January 22nd at "Q". We're planning that for a potluck event. An email will be sent to those we believe will be joining us with the details. Watch your junk file.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Linda S: I keep a big bottle of Absorbine veterinary Liniment around at all times.

JERI: I think Daddy Terry just wants to drive my new truck. Kidding aside I really appreciate the Offer. There aren't very many people that would go to that extent. Thanks

ALL: going to bed last night lasted about 30 seconds. Oh well, I'm getting to like that folding camp chair. I only woke up twice during the night. The muscle spasms seem to be getting fewer and farther between. But I'm about to run out of the pain pills they gave me. Nothing left but Tylenol. I can't take any of the NSAIDs because I only have one kidney.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hello, all! We are doing well in the desert of Borrego Springs, CA. No complaints about the weather... 47 degrees this morning. Chance of rain. Beautiful lighting on the desert floor and mountains with the sun/clouds.

Lee - Hope you got some rest last night. Not yet sure of our schedule this next week, but will be in touch before we come down to see what you might need and make a plan. Love the way this "family" is there for each other!

Denise - Look forward to a visit if you come this way!

Tina & Jeff - We enjoy following along with your blog, though can't seem to post comments. Know that we remain connected, and look forward to catching up with you both, and Lynn and Roger, again next year!

Delcie and Freddy... have been thinking of you and hope you are both doing ok out there on your gate guard job. Stay warm and well... looking forward to time together next month!

Diane & Glyn... just let us know when and where. Besides looking forward to time together, we have a list of questions :)

Actually, to all of you... we send our best and look forward to time together in Q. Be safe and well! Dianne & Tom

Look forward to seeing you guys and the rest of the gang next year too Dianne!

Being newbies, we had to check off the Eastern U.S. from our bucket list. We've decided that the West is best and you can count on seeing us next season. There's too many people, too expensive, too many bugs, too muggy, too many other things to mention and most of all, too far from Q and the tribe! Crossing paths with Tina & Jeff and meeting some other "Eastern Classless" couples have made it fun and I know that they feel the same about being out there and with you all.

Lee, glad to hear that you're on the mend and wishing you a speedy recovery...we'll see you again but, not soon enough!

Gotta go...an old buddy is here in Naples and taking me fishing in the Gulf...hope we're not "gonna need a bigger boat"!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Linda S: I keep a big bottle of Absorbine veterinary Liniment around at all times.

JERI: I think Daddy Terry just wants to drive my new truck. Kidding aside I really appreciate the Offer. There aren't very many people that would go to that extent. Thanks

Second thought ... maybe I don't want him to drive it! Or, maybe you don't want him too. He might not let you have it back. Then, we'd all be in trouble. Hopefully, you're feeling better today. We want you well and feeling great.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Toni and Doug threw out the idea of visiting Yuma together afterwards and would like to know who might be thinking about it. If you've written plans in chalk about Yuma, pass them along. Anyone planning on going there before the reunion? Anyone planning on going down there sometime after the reunion? Even though we understand that plans are often changed, do you have tentative dates or plans for visiting Yuma?

There was also talk of Parker sometime over the next couple of months. Anyone written plans there in chalk?

In the past we've set aside a night or two and visited local eateries as a group in "Q". I'm going to suggest we don't do that this year. It's too hard to get everyone together in a restaurant at the same time. Besides that you can only sit and talk to the people close. Your thoughts?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We are not planning to go to Yuma this year. After the reunion at Q we will be moving to our home park, Emerald Cove in Parker. We plan on being in that area until the 1st of March.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone this year. We just need to get by these next two weeks at Amazon. We have had 5 solid days of below freezing weather and today our accumulator tank blew up. There is a repair place in Bartlesville OK where we are going in the morning. No appointment just going to hope they can help us. Prayers would be much appreciated. We did get propane yesterday so at least we are warm. But no water.

I agree with Jeri, its very hard to get everyone together to go out to eat. Remember when we roasted hot dogs over the fire the first year. That was fun.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

With the exception of the ceremony for any new members we take in, I don't think we should plan anything. Things seem to work out better when they just happen. If someone has an irresistible urge for pizza and a beer let them suggest it and see how many takers they get. Everyone doesn't have to go to everything. Some nights just are not good campfire nights. We just don't know which nights until they happen.

With the exception of the ceremony for any new members we take in, I don't think we should plan anything. Things seem to work out better when they just happen. If someone has an irresistible urge for pizza and a beer let them suggest it and see how many takers they get. Everyone doesn't have to go to everything. Some nights just are not good campfire nights. We just don't know which nights until they happen.

Yup! I agree except for the plans Sandie and I come up with! After all, for some this is the 5th reunion of our first get together. You know we're sneaky. Other than those I think impromptu works best. And, just like all politicians .... the buck doesn't stop here.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We are planning on being there, not sure what day. Also planning on going to Yuma, if the group goes that way. We also have another couple coming with us. Their names are Pam and Lacy. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone. We are gate guarding right now and have a few things to get fixed on the rv before we head that way.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

gee whiz. wrote a whole page and it disappeared.

So, to repeat:

we will arrive in Q about January 19th. We love Silly Al's if you don't care how long you wait for a table and your food.

Last minute plans probably work best. Hot dogs over the fire are better than anything.

We will not be going to Yuma, but hope to spend a couple of weeks in Parker and/or Havasu before heading to Mesa mid February.

We're dying to put the boat in the water.

Roger and Lyn, we "did" FL last winter. It was great, but as you say, too much $$$$, too many bugs, and too much wind for us. BUT we did meet Charley and Deloris and that was the highlight for us, so say hi to them for us.

I'd love to say more but am afraid the "send" key really means "delete"

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/