CAB AIR BAGS (springs), shocks, and leveling valve

NeverEasy

My cab air bags are leaking. I searched the Resource Guide and then the forum with google to see what others have learned. I found two posts that were locked. Those members were looking for parts info as I am but there were no answers. Since I am certain they did find the parts I am hopeful that I can get some help.

Amazon has these air bags listed and they appear to be Volvo parts: https://www.amazon.com/Volvo-Truck-21165207-Cab-Spring/dp/B00290PQMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478187591&sr=8-1&keywords=volvo+truck+cab+air+bags. Can anyone tell me if they are the right ones for an '01 660?

I also want to replace the cab shocks and leveling valve. Anyone know where I can get parts for those at a reasonable price?

I am looking for parts from someone other than our Volvo dealer in the Virginia Tidewater area. The are not my first choice for anything. Perhaps someone knows a reputable dealer that will ship them to me. ???

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I used Wheeling Truck Center in WV. Their website (Class8truckparts.com) is typically cheaper than calling in so you have to ask them to match pricing. But, they did a decent job on the first few orders. Only caveat is that they do not like to honor their free shipping on orders over $500 when doing phone orders (Website Promo). That kinda rubbed me the wrong way, so I moved my business to Bruckners in Dallas. If I am gonna pay shipping on a big order, I might as well get fast shipping. Good luck. Jeremy

Chet,

I also have used Class8trucks but surprisingly my local Volvo dealer has been same or less price. Try WorldWide Equipment Knoxville TN 865-688-4300.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I purchased mine from Volvo in Tyler, TX, before I built the bed. replaced everything across the bottom of the cab at the same time, and did a major cleanup of the bracket that holds everything. It was know to have the drain holes get clogged up and would rust everything it touched.

Glad I got them from Volvo, because one of the bags had a malfunction at the top of the bag where the ring surrounds the bag. It had started leaking 2 days before the end of the one year warranty. I was already back in the Tyler area when it went and Volvo replaced it and only charged me for 1/2 hour to install it. I had installed it myself, but they did it quickly (about 20 minutes) and said they were sorry the bag failed!

Not sure they could do it that quickly now, since the drom and bed are on the truck.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Here are the Volvo part numbers for a Gen2 truck. I'm not sure how much is common with your Gen1.

Air springs - 20462622

Vertical cab shocks - 20496215

Horizontal cab shocks - 20496217

Leveling valve - 20470002

I purchased the leveling valve from Amazon. The rest of the parts were from Ebay.

Edit for update - the description for the airbags I bought say they fit Gen1 and Gen2.

Thanks for the quick responses. I called the local dealer and got his prices. I am going through the process of checking the sites passed in the responses. So far, with the cost of shipping, the local dealer is not too far off the cost.

I will have to look into e-bay, too. Don't know about Gen 1 vs Gen 2 parts. Will try to get some #s for my Gen 1 and post any differences.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart

Vern's right. We replaced everything from the cross member up, including the cross member itself.

This may be a good opportunity to establish a relationship with your local dealer. A few well chosen words and a dab of loyalty have gotten me good service and prices over the years. But it doesn't hurt to shop a bit to keep them honest..

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I have the parts needed to do the cab air spring replacement. Like others, the cross member and related parts were in bad condition and needed replacing. Stan gave me the part numbers he used but the only one that agreed to the parts I got from the local Volvo dealer is the horizontal cab shocks so I will list them here for my Gen 1, last six 257988.

Air springs: 21165207

Vertical cab shocks: 22662224

Horizontal cab shocks: 20496217

Cross member: 20704336

Leveling Valve Kit: 85104648

Bump stop, upper, rubber: 20470329

Bump stop: 8078549

The parts guy sent me a pdf of the whole assy with part numbers. It was a great help in getting all the parts I needed, including the bolts and nuts. Hot wrench ruined the lock nuts. I can't upload the pdf. Here is a look at part of what he sent.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart

Hmmm...I attached a file but it did not show up. If anyone wants the whole pdf, PM me. Otherwise I don't know how to get it made public.

post-27099-0-70306100-1478791473_thumb.png

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart

Archived