AJsPilot

Arizona Short Term Storage

We will be in Arizona in December and will be flying back to California for work for about a week. We are looking for short-term RV storage recommendations in either the Phoenix or Tucson areas. If you have any recommendations we would greatly appreciate them.

Thank you!

Eric

Talk to Curtis, at Carefree Manor, 480-982-4008. They're in Apache Junction. They do short term storage, with and without services.

Edited by Darryl&Rita

For one week why don't you just leave it in a cg. Then you will have electric and won't have to empty the refrig and freezer.

2 minutes ago, SWharton said:

For one week why don't you just leave it in a cg. Then you will have electric and won't have to empty the refrig and freezer.

Figured short-term storage may be cheaper than paying for a camp site for a week.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Depending onthe time of season, Curt may offer you storage, with power for a very reasonable price.

Thanks Darryl&Rita. I will give Curtis a call.

2 hours ago, AJsPilot said:

Figured short-term storage may be cheaper than paying for a camp site for a week.

Most long term storage is by the month so it won't save what you may think that it would. 

2 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Most long term storage is by the month so it won't save what you may think that it would. 

That's what we've been finding. However the place Darryl&Rita recommended is only $30/month. Much less than paying for a camp site for a week.

The Escapees Co-Op in Benson has a storage lot. Also last winter I stayed at Sunflower RV Resort (a Cal-Am Resort) in Surprise AZ, suburb of Phoenix. They had a storage lot too. 

Most airports offer on-airport parking for "oversized" vehicles.  I have left my motorhome at Salt Lake City, Orlando, Eugene Oregon, and Las Vegas.  Most charge the same as for a car--about $15 per day.  It is safe and convenient because you can hop in your vehicle right at the airport.