Service Dog related Issure

Kirk W

The point though, is that the hall management apparently made the decision to admit emotional support animals since the ADA does not include them in its access requirements.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true Disney does not like to upset a paying guest. The persons using these animals knew they we not service animals and in complete disregard for the disabled  used them to gain entrance. 

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

So instead, the upset guests were disabled because those with so-called emotional pets got their seat?   Disney has a big problem there!  The whole 'emotional pet' thing has gone too far.  People need to put a little more honesty in their lives.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I am sure we all know this    

If you have an emotional disability, you can legally qualify for an ESA, short for emotional support animal. You must be certified as emotionally disabled by a psychologist, therapist, psychiatrist or other duly-licensed and/or certified mental health professional."You can purchase a "vest" online  qualified or not.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

But even if you are certified by a Dr the ADA does not recognize an emotional support animal. You must have a physical disability per ADA rules. Unfortunate and wrong for the military who may be suffering with PTSD. It is almost impossible to purchase a vest without going online. I tried my Dr, Petco and Petsmart and could not find a vest for my dog and had to go online to purchase one and I am litigate disabled. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

This is also true.There is a legitimate reason for an emotional support animal.They should be covered under the ADA with the proper certification. They are not therefore the abuse.

I know two vets with dogs who help with PTSD.  It's a fine line between emotional support and "trained to perform a specific task" in this case.  One definitely is, when the dog senses that he's becoming "off" the dog gets his attention and pulls him back.  The other is more simple, the dog constantly provides a known entity wherever he goes.

My guess is from what we have observed  that the use of  the  majority of "emotional support  animals" are viewed as abusing the privilege  there for they are all lumped into that category. Work needs to be done it that area.

Some nursing homes are buying electronic cats that purr when you pet them to use to help calm dementia patients. For them the pets don't even have to be real to provide emotional support. But the support itself is real.

The care center attached to our apartment complex has regular dog visits which patients love. Most of the dogs live in our apartments so its just a walk down the hall to visit. OK that walk is about two city blocks long but still you don't even have to go outside when the weather is bad to provide this service so it's popular with both the owners and the patients.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 6/16/2019 at 12:41 PM, 2gypsies said:

So instead, the upset guests were disabled because those with so-called emotional pets got their seat?   Disney has a big problem there!  The whole 'emotional pet' thing has gone too far.  People need to put a little more honesty in their lives.

Disney does not have a problem,The  folks with Emotional  support animals have a problem in using them in a improper manner.