ATT Mobley $20 Unlimited Plan is Back for 2019

bigbillsd

If you have a friend who owns a jeep or chrysler they got a promo email. No code is needed but there is a special promo phone number you must use, otherwise you cannot get there from here.

Fedex delivered it this morning and it took all day for ATT to activate it. Somehow ATT setup the account as an iPhone 4 of all things.

But its working tonight! I still cannot believe they are selling them and that same plan again for all the folks that missed it in 2017. -Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Mobley club.  I had heard people still got the plan after it was over.  The big issue was getting the Mobley itself.  I searched for 2 months for one.  Came accross three of them and scooped them up.  Sold one and I am keeping one as a back up.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Indeed, we have been monitoring this new campaign going out since just before the holidays, and we have received a copy of it. Our staff has confirmed that the offer is legit, and many of our members have also navigated through the process in the past couple of weeks, which is a bit more difficult than the original Mobley offering. 

A lot has also changed with the Mobley device itself - such as the locked SIM and 2-hour time outs. But it's still a great deal if you understand the trade offs. (By the way, the new Harman Spark offered by AT&T on their website with a $30/month unlimited plan is not the same - and is much more restricted to in-vehicle use only.)

This promotional offer does have a stated limited time & quantity and appears to be intended for a specific group of car owners - however AT&T is currently not checking any sort of promotional eligibility. We fully expect that stock will not last long - or will become restricted back to the intended audience - if the details of how to obtain the plan become public.

This puts us in a tough spot as to whether or not we publish a story with instructions on how to obtain the plan in a public space. We are monitoring the situation so that those for whom the offer is intended have opportunity to obtain the plan. But we do have a story at the ready to publish as this e-mail campaign continues to spread. 

For those who do obtain the Mobley, our original article and instructional video on setting the device up is still available at: http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/mobley

And should we publish more information on this new way to obtain the plan, an update will be posted there as well.

- Cherie 

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

8 minutes ago, Technomadia said:

however AT&T is currently not checking any sort of promotional eligibility.

It was easy to find the Chrysler/AT&T site, but it did check for eligibility with a VIN/model, and said the Wrangler is not eligible.  And if I enter another model then it fails when I enter the VIN.

44 minutes ago, Carlos said:

It was easy to find the Chrysler/AT&T site, but it did check for eligibility with a VIN/model, and said the Wrangler is not eligible.  And if I enter another model then it fails when I enter the VIN.

That's a different promotion/campaign than the e-mail being sent out.

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:

Interesting.  I was just completing my purchase using a fake VIN after finding the URL by scraping the site.  But your method seems safer, if they don't ask for an eligible VIN.  The site restricts it to only certain vehicles, does calling get around that?  

4 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Interesting.  I was just completing my purchase using a fake VIN after finding the URL by scraping the site.  But your method seems safer, if they don't ask for an eligible VIN.  The site restricts it to only certain vehicles, does calling get around that?  

You bought the wrong horse.

I've had Technomadia's Mobley for about a week. It seems to be the real deal. For $27.50/month (the $7.50 is to pay for the Mobley itself), I appear to be getting unlimited, unthrottled data:

att-plan.jpg

My current AT&T Mobley speeds:

att-speed.jpg

By comparison, here are my current Verizon and SuddenLink (cable modem) speeds:

VERIZON

verizon-speed.jpg

SUDDENLINK CABLE MODEM

suddenlink-speed.jpg

The AT&T Mobley speeds have been consistent throughout a week. However, I did have to cycle power on the Mobley a couple of times when the device froze up.

The Mobley software version is 1.0.3.

Finally, the Mobley has done periodic shutdowns, but only when I had it connected to a 110V power supply. When the device was connected to a USB Power Supply I bought, it has performed flawlessly -- on continuously, no resets.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

To make it clear, if you use Technomadia's info above, you do not need to provide a VIN or prove anything to get the deal.  They will assume you want the device free, with $45 activation, on a two year contract.  You can request no contract, and pay $150 for the device instead as Zulu did (either all at once, or $7.50/mo).  The call took six minutes and I already have a shipment notification.

According to the rep, you will get full speed, priority data access until you use 22GB.  Then you will get de-prioritized, but not rate-limited/throttled service thereafter.  This means your device will be slow if the network is congested, but still full speed when it's not.

Thank you Technomadia, you're a valuable resource.

I just bought mine outright as I did not want to be tied to a two year contract.  As I did not want to take the chance that after 2 years ATT would say sorry your plan term is up and we no longer offer the plan and the equivalent plan is $$$.  This way I believed I am grandfathered into this plan as there was no term set.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

It doesn't work that way.  Month to month terms can always be changed or cancelled.  It doesn't matter if you're on month to month at the start, or at the end of a term.  The contract actually just says that at the end of the term, your contract reverts to a month to month.  And all carriers can always change the contract with notice.  They rarely do, but read the contract, it says they can.  No carrier is going to give you a "forever" contract.  Even the CenturyLink "forever" offer has a bunch of outs for them.  Doing the two year effectively turns this into a $15/mo deal when you remove the cost of the device.

18 minutes ago, trostberg said:

For those people who want to plug into an outlet can someone post where you get the adapters. 

As I mentioned previously, I have a 110V and a USB adapter. When I use the 110V adapter, my Mobley resets. Never happens with my USB Adapter.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

That's a defective adapter, I'd get it exchanged.  Both of them use a converter circuit to turn the 120v or 5v input into 12v.  They should function the same, unless defective.

My Mobley arrived at my postal box yesterday, they shipped it overnight.  I'll do some testing today as I have to drive around town on errands.

After two calls to AT&T and over an hour between calls and online chat and the web site, it's finally working.  It was not working when delivered, and my account showed suspended.  It also showed that my account was for an iPhone 7.  The Pakistani call center rep on the first call was clueless.  Wasted 45 minutes, and then ended up disconnecting my call.  I waited a few hours, called again, and this person resolved it in about ten minutes.  At my house, which is outside the city with marginal coverage, I'm seeing 25 Mbps.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, TLRam1 said:

Is this something that could replace my internet service connection at brick home?

It can.  I have two Mobley’s I purchased the last time this service was offered.  One stays in the RV and one stays in the house.  The one in the house supplies internet for my home network and runs everything in the house.  I am not a huge Internet user though.  It is mostly just for Internet browsing and some limited streaming.  Sometimes I do get on a Netflix binge though and burn through a decent amount of data.  I can’t remember what my highest usage month was off the top of my head, but it was around 100 gb.

I have the Mobley plugged into a manual timer that cuts power to it every twelve hours for 15 minutes to force a reboot of the device.  Otherwise it is powered 24/7.  I found before I used the timer, the Mobley didn’t like being powered constantly and would freeze periodically.  It still hangs every once in a while and requires a power cycle to get going again, but it is pretty infrequent now since I added the timer.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 1/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, TLRam1 said:

Is this something that could replace my internet service connection at brick home?

I'm also using one at home... have the SIM in a Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 4GX Gigabit LTE Mobile WiFi Router that I bought on ebay. Avg about 10meg's down at the S&B, more that enough to run my network. I do understand that AT&T could block the use of the NightHawk at some point, very happy at this point.

Since I first got our Mobley and Connected Car Plan in 2017, the only reports I've seen of AT&T shutting anyone down for, or even complaining about, moving the SIM to different devices have been from folks that tried to use it in a phone. As far as I can see in the TOS, as long as the SIM is used in hotspot class device, they're ok with it. My Mobley SIM has been in two different Netgear Explore model hotspots (770s and 815s) for about the last 18 months with no complaints from AT&T.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived