Black Tank Empty

morefuntimes

My last one had the lever. I propped it open with a plastic floss dispenser. An empty dispenser we used over and over.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, Pat & Pete said:

LOL . I can just see me trying to step flush and falling on my face . 

Kinda makes a man feel foolish, It takes me a week at home to recover from living in the MH 🚌   for months at a time. DW hears me stomping the floor sometimes.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We are on full hookup s 98% of the time so flushing and cleaning is not a issue. When at our  Florida  residence we dump and flush  every 3  or 4 days it  takes maybe 1/2 hour out of our busy retirement day. We never travel with any tank near full. When on the road we dump and flush  at every layover. When at rallies usually at fairgrounds  we go into water conversation mode and take advantage of the honey wagon.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

2 minutes ago, richfaa said:

We are on full hookup s 98% of the time so flushing and cleaning is not a issue.

Yup. We too gave up dry camping, for the most part, some time ago. Been there, done that, and have worn out the tee shirt.

4 minutes ago, richfaa said:

we go into water conversation mode

Conservation mode? 😄 Isn't spell check wonderful? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Yup. We too gave up dry camping, for the most part, some time ago. Been there, done that, and have worn out the tee shirt.

Conservation mode? 😄 Isn't spell check wonderful? 

Spell checking  is great but you do have to keep a eye on it. We have probably dry camped  more than  some campers have camped. These fancy 5th wheels have all the comforts and we use every one of them. I mean we started out in a two person tent and backpack.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

3 hours ago, richfaa said:

We have probably dry camped  more than  some campers have camped...........

I mean we started out in a two person tent and backpack.

Yup, us too. After tenting we did a lot of camping with a pop-up and with 2 Eagle Scout sons and me one of the leaders, we did a bunch with them also. Our family even took 1 trip of two weeks into the Bob Marshall Wilderness on horseback. But our list tenting trip was about 30 years ago and we have not dry camped for more than 2 consecutive nights in the past 15 years.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, richfaa said:

Spell checking  is great but you do have to keep a eye on it. We have probably dry camped  more than  some campers have camped. These fancy 5th wheels have all the comforts and we use every one of them. I mean we started out in a two person tent and backpack.

We started out with 2 1/2 people (one 3-year old) so we had a 4-man tent and 3 backpacks. And a bear that visited our campsite! With us about a mile through the woods from our car! That was an exciting weekend!

I sure did appreciate our motorhomes after that.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

9 minutes ago, sandsys said:

We started out with 2 1/2 people (one 3-year old) so we had a 4-man tent and 3 backpacks. And a bear that visited our campsite! With us about a mile through the woods from our car! That was an exciting weekend!

I sure did appreciate our motorhomes after that.

Linda Sand

So , I take it that you do not make friends with the bear ? LOL

We also started out tenting , until a near miss of a tornado . Then it was rented cabins and cottages , until we bought our Monaco . 

Couldn't see wasting any time with all that in between stuff . :D

Goes around , comes around .

Our only dry camping in a large  RV has been at Quartzsite if you can call that dry camping generator everything functional in the RV and  honey wagon if needed. We did dry camping in our smaller TT's and popups in Allegheny national forest but we had a generator and water from a pump was available .

14 hours ago, chirakawa said:

So, you guys are floor flushers?

I see what you did there. ☺️ I did a write-up on irv2.com of replacing all the working parts of our Sealand Voyager toilet; it was a crappy job.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

12 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I see what you did there. ☺️ I did a write-up on irv2.com of replacing all the working parts of our Sealand Voyager toilet; it was a crappy job.

We used to be floor flushers, but now we are now hand flushers!  It was a bit of a transition to make the change.  It was at least a week of stepping on the floor and then remembering I needed to pull the handle to flush.  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived