Android users are more loyal than those on iOS, study says

RV_

Excerpt:

" People are more loyal to Android than iOS, and users now pick one and stick with it, new research from CIRP says.

Android user loyalty is higher than iOS users, according to new research from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP). The study also says Android and iOS loyalty has remained steady since early 2016, and has now reached the highest levels yet.

Android loyalty was 89 to 91 percent, and iOS loyalty was 85 to 88 percent from January 2016 through December 2017, according to the study. Android didn't always hold the top mobile phone operating system spot, but saw the tides change in 2014.

(Chart shown here in original article in link below)

Android user loyalty now slightly exceeds that of iOS users," Josh Lowitz, partner and co-founder of CIRP, said in a statement. "Over time, Android loyalty gradually increased, as it achieved parity in availability of apps, music and video, and as the user experience on the two platforms became more similar. Android users also benefit from a wide range of phones from different manufacturers, so they can switch hardware without learning a new operating system."

With loyalty now steadying, Apple and Google will now have to focus on switching people to their side.

"Loyalty for both Android and iOS increased in 2015 and into 2016, when it leveled off for both operating systems," Mike Levin, partner and co-founder of CIRP, said in a statement. "Loyalty is also as high as we've ever seen, really from 85-90% at any given point. With only two mobile operating systems at this point, it appears users now pick one, learn it, invest in apps and storage, and stick with it. Now, Apple and Google need to figure out how to sell products and services to these loyal customer bases."

Source article: http://www.zdnet.com/article/android-user-loyalty/?loc=newsletter_large_thumb_featured&ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=19724681974700635514865380622813

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

In my opinion, except for trivial use of the phone, it boils down to picking an ecosystem and then getting invested in it. (Invested, meaning learning the nuances and using its features - features that extend WAY beyond just phone stuff.)

Once invested in an ecosystem , and really using features of it, it is VERY difficult to switch. At least in my experience. 

However, if JUST using a phone, for phone features, then it is a little easier.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I use to only have a flip phone with no text and voice only.
I did buy a iPad 2 Jan. 2012 Then in Dec. 2014 I got a iPhone 6 Plus 12GB on lease.
Took me forever to learn how to use apps and set up all the settings in them. It was really frustrating at times.

Then the 2 year lease was up I bought it. Then Jan. 2017 traded it in at Apple store for a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB and paid in full.
Upgraded to a iPad Air Feb. Feb. 2018

I don't know if that makes me loyal or while still learning at times the IOS system. I don't want to change to another system to relearn everything.

Right now I'm using the Sprint hotspot on my iPhone 7 Plus to post this. As my WiFiRanger being feed from the AT&T Mobley didn't want to work this morning. Either did my Echo or Dot

In a little bit I will trouble shoot that problem.
Did I say I didn't want to learn the Android or Google system now. Maybe in a couple years or so. :)
Need to get some of the $$$ use out of the iPhone before investing in another system.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Several years ago I was having surgery and looked into buying a Kindle to download books to read while I was bedridden and recooperating. It was only $199. Then I looked at the Kindle Fire so I could have color and download magazines too. It was $399. Then I looked at the iPad at $499 and bought it. My HP laptop battery wouldn’t hold a charge anymore so I got a Mac Book to go with my iPad. Within a month my Motorola phone died so I got a iPhone 5. I later upgraded to an iPhone 6 and an iPad Pro. My 6 year old Mac got wet from a leek in the roof and is now kaput. The iPhone is locking up all the time got very slow and the battery won’t hold a charge. Been told that Apple is doing it on purpose to get me to buy a new iPhone X because I didn’t upgrade to a 7 or 8. Well I’m tired of Apple, prices and game playing to get you to upgrade. I am looking at the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and maybe a new Windows laptop for a lot less than Apple prices for a new Mac Book and iPhone X. So it’s goodby Apple. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Google has a $300 discount on the Pixel 2 through the end of March.  I bought mine through Verizon with the discount.

Compared to my Galaxy S7 the Pixel is much faster to respond to commands and the battery life is far, far better than on any Samsung phone I've ever owned.   It took a couple of days to get used to Google's implementation of Android architecture, but it wasn't a big deal.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

5 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

In my opinion, except for trivial use of the phone, it boils down to picking an ecosystem and then getting invested in it.

This is no longer true with the advent of the New iPhone X Continental.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

3 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Several years ago I was having surgery and looked into buying a Kindle to download books to read while I was bedridden and recooperating. It was only $199. Then I looked at the Kindle Fire so I could have color and download magazines too. It was $399. Then I looked at the iPad at $499 and bought it. My HP laptop battery wouldn’t hold a charge anymore so I got a Mac Book to go with my iPad. Within a month my Motorola phone died so I got a iPhone 5. I later upgraded to an iPhone 6 and an iPad Pro. My 6 year old Mac got wet from a leek in the roof and is now kaput. The iPhone is locking up all the time got very slow and the battery won’t hold a charge. Been told that Apple is doing it on purpose to get me to buy a new iPhone X because I didn’t upgrade to a 7 or 8. Well I’m tired of Apple, prices and game playing to get you to upgrade. I am looking at the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and maybe a new Windows laptop for a lot less than Apple prices for a new Mac Book and iPhone X. So it’s goodby Apple. 

Why not get a new battery for your iPhone for $29 from Apple?   Did you think batteries last forever?  You are blaming Apple for your computer getting wet?    

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Howdy!

I used android phones and tablets for years. I switched to Apple because they connect to my hearing aids via Bluetooth and that makes for a world of difference.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Why not get a new battery for your iPhone for $29 from Apple?   Did you think batteries last forever?  You are blaming Apple for your computer getting wet?    

I didn’t blame Apple for my Mac Book getting wet. Where did you get that? I am blaming Apple for making the phone operate slower and the battery not fully charging a fact that Apple has admitted to in a law suit from users who have purchased a new battery for their iPhone. I don’t want to do business with a company that manipulated their product software to get users to upgrade. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

They slowed the performance down so the battery didn't die on you in the middle of some activity.  Yes, they should have told us what was happening and why, but the idea of slowing down so it did not quit is a good one.   You were grousing about everything that was Wrong with Apple, which included mention of the Mac being kaput.  Again, I'm not sure why would you buy another phone right now when for $29 you will have another 2-3 years worth of service from your phone, which is what I'm doing.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

20 hours ago, Twotoes said:

My 6 year old Mac got wet from a leek in the roof and is now kaput. The iPhone is locking up all the time got very slow and the battery won’t hold a charge. Been told that Apple is doing it on purpose to get me to buy a new iPhone X because I didn’t upgrade to a 7 or 8. Well I’m tired of Apple, prices and game playing to get you to upgrade. I am looking at the new Samsung Galaxy S9 and maybe a new Windows laptop for a lot less than Apple prices for a new Mac Book and iPhone X. So it’s goodby Apple. 

Apple says: Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 — from $79 to $29 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, available worldwide through December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com.  I'm waiting until Oct. 2018 to replace my iPhone 7 Plus $29 battery.

Before buying the new phone & laptop be sure the Roof leak is fixed. :)
OH!!! Apple put out a updated ios to stop the iPhone 6 locking up all the time getting very slow.
Do you have the latest updates.

Apple says: Early in 2018, we will issue an iOS software update with new features that give users more visibility into the health of their iPhone’s battery, so they can see for themselves if its condition is affecting performance.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived