Classes of 2008 and 2009

Oct 21 and 22 in the Smoky Mountains camping at Douglas Dam Corps Park. Buurrr...32 degrees at the top today!!! Went from summer to BAM! winter! The color is not good right now. Most of the leaves are just turning brown and dropping off. But still a fun drive and the place is a zoo! Stop and go traffic, then in town nothing but junk shops, dinner shows, and eateries. Went to the Scrapbook Superstore in Sevierville and spent over 2 hours there plus lots of $$$!!! I was in scrapbooking heaven! There are two large stores. One for regular stuff and the other for nothing but clearance stuff!! I was here 6 years ago so this was all part of the plan!!

Oct 23 and 24 will be in Chattanooga, TN, to explore Lookout Mountain. Sure hope it is a bit warmer!

Sandie, we are headed to AZ by way of Livingston and hope to be in AZ by the first of Dec. Will spend most of our time Tucson until the spring. So we may just drop in!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sandie, we are headed to AZ by way of Livingston and hope to be in AZ by the first of Dec. Will spend most of our time Tucson until the spring. So we may just drop in!!!

Carol

Weather should really be perfect when you get here. We will definitely get together this winter.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

10/28 to 11/28 plus maybe. In Livingston for a month for some repairs, inspections, and let the county know we are in town and available for jury duty since they have been so good about excusing our past 3 notices.

Carol

The Simpsons

After stops in St Augustine FL and Bradenton FL we have now landed at our winter home. Gulf Air RV Resort, Ft Myers Beach FL. This will be our 2nd year here. Right now it is a little toooo hot for our liking. 86 degrees today and weather forecasts it to basically to continue on for the near future. Oh well, at least there is freezing rain, snow or even clouds to deal with. Good days to go to the beach or sit in the pool here at the park.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Carol - Is Livingston getting hit with the rains? Just got a quick broadcast that was talking about floods in Texas. Be safe.

Eric - Enjoy your winter in FL. Hopefully some of the others will get over your way.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Sandie, here in Livingston we just got heavy rain, no downpours, and no flooding. Just 2 days of humid mess. Nice to day in the upper 70s. Was that latest dust storm anywhere near you?

Carol

The Simpsons

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this thred back to the top as it was so far down. It's been plenty cold here in Oklahoma, had a couple of inches of snow yesterday. We are toasty in the trailer with the 15000 watt gen. they furnish, just running the fireplace and one elect heater. looking forward to Jan.

and SW. AZ. Hoping to see everone there. Stay safe everyone.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Dec 2 - Dec 5 we are at the Oak Forest RV Park on the east side of Austin,TX. Wanted to visit the capital since we are TX residents for our home address. Big busy town!

Met 2 other couples at Livingston and they may also wind up in Tucson.

Carol

The Simpsons

We are in San Antonio until Dec. 6. We are freezing! Got both portable heaters going since we have free electric and can save the propane. Left Austin a day ahead of schedule but we still have freezing temps!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Cold here in Vegas too. In the 20's last night and tonight too. It did struggle to get in the 40's today with plenty of "cold sun" keeping everything lit up. We are here until the 22nd then will pull out for Oakland Calif to spend Christmas with Carol's brother. After that we will jello it a little bit then show up at Q to meet the group. Can't wait. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Oh no! That sounds terrible. Cold temperatures seem to be everywhere. We didn't leave the furnace on overnight and it was 48 degrees inside. I was complaining until I read your comment. Hopefully, you'll be out of there soon and on your way to warmer temperatures.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Hi y'all it's mid 80's here in south Florida. Warmest weather we've seen in months.

Steve - How's Nellis? We spent 2 weeks there on the 1st row. People ( non park residents) walking by all the time until they'd close the gate at night. Keep everything locked up. Maybe back farther in is not as bad. That front row wasn't good. Nice showers and pool though.

Stay warm everyone, next year we'll be back at Q.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

This morning in Coffeyville, Kansas its 8 degrees. Way to cold for living in a motorhome. Water pump is frozen again. We won't thaw it until we get home from work. If it wasn't for the bonus Amazon gives, we would be gone.

I wasn't happy either until I read this, then I decided that 31 isn't so bad. At least we don't freeze up and our blue flame can keep us warm. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that you don't have too much longer to go.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I'm back at Emerald Cove with my electric heater plugged in. Since I stopped doing winters in Minnesota I've become such a wimp. Of course, our house there had better insulation than this van does.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well i wrote a long post and lost it so this one will be shorter. It's been under 25' here for the last 3 days down to 14 at nite. I was trying to thaw water in the outside tank so I could fill the freshwater tank in the trailer and fell on the ice, can;t raise my right arm above my sholder, but it is getting better.Delcie woke me today to tell me the water in the fresh tank was froze. When filling the other day due to a ice buildup I broke the bay door off, I had stuck it in the hole but it blew out and the water froze with a elect heater on it. I got it fixed back and moved the heater and it thawed in about 3 hours. We are in good shape now with 2 elect heaters and a Buddy heater running. Praying that everyone stays safe in this weather.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Jan.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

ps Lee; Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

Well i wrote a long post and lost it so this one will be shorter.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

You certainly have had a time of it. We know quite a few people who are snowed in or froze in. Hopefully, you'll be on the mend soon and out of there. We want you heading west where we are. Remember you've got those kayaks on top of your rig for a reason.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Jan.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Alright everybody. Enough with the falling. Freddy, sure hope you are feeling a whole lot better and the shoulder is not hurting so much. This weather is terrible. At least we haven't been frozen. Not very warm but certainly better than what you're going through. Looking forward to seeing you in Q.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I'm at Emerald Cove near Parker where I could have full hookups but I have not connected anything but my electrical cord to run my space heater. I do NOT want to deal with frozen hoses. Sure could use a January thaw about now. Of course the daytime temperatures we are having would qualify as a January thaw if I was in Minnesota. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well I didn't heed the good advice and got anotherr fall last nite, went down the steps and the welcome mat was solid ice, my feetwent up and I hit on my back in the snow. Luckyly it didn't hurt me, that is the third fall I have had since this storm started. I worry about Delcie but she has done real good so far.

We will go to Yuma after Q for a while, then to Parker or somewhere with water, can't let Terry and Jeri have all the fun with Kayak's.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

We will go to Yuma after Q for a while, then to Parker or somewhere with water, can't let Terry and Jeri have all the fun with Kayak's.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

You've got to be careful out there. That ice looks like it's trying to get you. Having broken bones isn't any fun.

The problem is we haven't been around water and were beginning to wonder why we're carrying the kayaks with us!! Yesterday I looked at the map and tried to figure out what we might pencil into our plans that was on water. The Colorado River isn't a lazy river but we still want to try it. Steve volunteered to haul us back and forth with his motor but we have to make sure he's around to follow through with that promise. As much as I hate the idea of going down to Imperial Dam, we might go and check it out for a few days.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!