Classes of 2008 and 2009

We expanded our class to take in newbies we met in Quartzsite which was good. Then we changed the name to make everyone we'd met feel included which intent was good. Then everyone we haven't met felt welcome to participate on-line, too, which MAY not be so good.

I feel like we've lost our identity. We're no longer a group within Escapees since we've made all Escapees feel welcome whether we've met them or not. In the process, I feel like we're losing our cohesiveness as a group. Which may be good?

Except now I feel like we're in competition with other Escapee groups including the official welcoming group who hosts the happy hours. That's probably not a good thing since we can't give the newbies the information they can get from the official group.

Plus we may be robbing newer fulltimers of the chance to make their own connections. The original idea was that people who went fulltime the same year would all be facing similar situations so could support one another through those transitions. Some of our class has been out there five years now; do we remember what it was to be new?

What say you all?

Linda

Didn't know that there was an official welcoming group? But, I'd rather get my "Escapees hug" from you Linda! :wub:

Doesn't matter to me...I can monitor the Classless, 2008-2009 or 2012 class forum. We enjoy reading everyone's posts and are so glad that you guys made us feel welcome at Q. We met some great people and learned a lot about boon docking and the full time lifestyle from you guys.

Lynn and I will be in the Sedona area till Sunday and then start to work our way to Denver the first part of May. Hopefully, we can hook up there with several of you guys that we met at Q!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roger .. You and Lynn are part of our group!! You realize that and once in .... you'll never be let out.

Didn't know that there was an official welcoming group? But, I'd rather get my "Escapees hug" from you Linda! :wub:

Doesn't matter to me...I can monitor the Classless, 2008-2009 or 2012 class forum. We enjoy reading everyone's posts and are so glad that you guys made us feel welcome at Q. We met some great people and learned a lot about boon docking and the full time lifestyle from you guys.

Lynn and I will be in the Sedona area till Sunday and then start to work our way to Denver the first part of May. Hopefully, we can hook up there with several of you guys that we met at Q!

Roger

Roger .. You and Lynn are part of our group!! You realize that and once in .... you'll never be let out.

I agree with Linda. I like the idea that everyone is welcome in our group but it seems we have lost our idenity. Don't want to seem clicky but I would like to keep this thred alive too.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Good idea to respond here, Freddy. I agree with Linda and also with you. However, I was a "coward" to respond on other thread. I don't like clicky and it becomes clicky when you try to merge groups. You're not clicky, Freddy. This was and is YOUR group. We've been lucky to have added a couple newbies each year but not sure whole groups is a good thing. It does take away from our identity and our own togetherness. Well said ... both of you.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Good idea to respond here, Freddy. I agree with Linda and also with you. However, I was a "coward" to respond on other thread. I don't like clicky and it becomes clicky when you try to merge groups. You're not clicky, Freddy. This was and is YOUR group. We've been lucky to have added a couple newbies each year but not sure whole groups is a good thing. It does take away from our identity and our own togetherness. Well said ... both of you.

Well put Jeri...doesn't matter what you call yourselves...we're just happy to be made members of "the Mob"! :D

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

The more the merrier, in my book. We weren't out in Q this year, so WE didn't meet any of the "new" people- yet. So whether some or all of "us" have met someone doesn't really matter, I would think. If someone is active on the forum, then it is more likely that we will try to meet them if we happen to drive near them.

I think when you put a "class-less thread" out there, by its nature it is open to everyone. And Should be. It's not based on being at the same point in a fulltime adventure, its more about a camaraderie amongst all who want to be part of a conversation. We still have this thread to maintain a Class identity.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

The more the merrier, in my book. We weren't out in Q this year, so WE didn't meet any of the "new" people- yet. So whether some or all of "us" have met someone doesn't really matter, I would think. If someone is active on the forum, then it is more likely that we will try to meet them if we happen to drive near them.

I think when you put a "class-less thread" out there, by its nature it is open to everyone. And Should be. It's not based on being at the same point in a fulltime adventure, its more about a camaraderie amongst all who want to be part of a conversation. We still have this thread to maintain a Class identity.

Sue

Well said Sue. The "Class-less" is for all but we can keep our individual graduating threads alive too. Unfortunately for us apparently there is no one but us left from 2011. There hasn't been a post on it since I posted before Q.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well said Sue. The "Class-less" is for all but we can keep our individual graduating threads alive too. Unfortunately for us apparently there is no one but us left from 2011. There hasn't been a post on it since I posted before Q.

Jeff

Not much from 2012 either Jeff...

Are you guys still planning on Denver in May?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

How did all of you in the Midwest weather the storms? Here in Austin, Texas, we got some good rains and some cold temperatures but nothing dangerous. I hope you all can say the same.

But they are predicting snow all week for Minnesota so I still can't go home. Looks like I'll probably go over to Rainbow's End and hang out until MN decides to stop having winter!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not much from 2012 either Jeff...

Are you guys still planning on Denver in May?

Roger

Roger we have reservations Cherry Creek starting 4/22 for 2 weeks. Then up to Boyd Lake in Loveland for the wedding. In Tyler, Tx. trying to figure which way to go. Would kind of like to go to Kansas City area to see relatives before Denver.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Roger we have reservations Cherry Creek starting 4/22 for 2 weeks. Then up to Boyd Lake in Loveland for the wedding. In Tyler, Tx. trying to figure which way to go. Would kind of like to go to Kansas City area to see relatives before Denver.

Jeff

Jeff, we'll be in site 22 on May 2nd for two weeks to visit our daughters...looks like we're gonna overlap for a few days...look forward to seeing you and Tina and catching up...see you then!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Sure glad this class is back! I think we need to keep our own identity. A group for all is fine, over there. I do not feel any connection with them. This is where we all started together. Starting in June we will be doing the West Coast Swing with the World of Outlaws, from Skagit to Chico. Of course they will not be there til August, so we will have lots of time on the coast enjoying all the seafood again.

John & Cheryl Hintsala

2001 Blue Bird Wanderlodge LXi

2009 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

1999 Harley Ultra Classic

Gosh, guys, I like both ideas a lot! But sort of like the separate identity based on what level we are in our fulltime lifestyle with our friends of the same year we started fulltiming without looking thur all the other posts to find my classmates.

So for now I will post here and read the posts under the Class-Less-Class to see where other friends are.

April 7 to June 7, in Va. Beach, VA, at Sea Mist military campground.

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I'm at Rainbow's End learning about the new reservation system. :) Did you know Rainbow's End and Rainbow Oaks are two separate parks? I thought it was just the old section and the new section but they actually have different names and appear to have separate bookkeeping. I could be wrong about that but it appears that way.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I like the idea of the "Class-less class". It will help those that there class is not active. It can also be of help to new fulltimers. I thank all will be glad to share info. and huggs. CLC is a good start for that.

2008-2009 and all 2013 participants should stay with the 2008-2009. IMHO. LOL

Where is Cherry Creak in Co.? We must be in Wy. on May 13. We could stop by. Meet Jeff and visit with Roger and Lynn.

Safe travels and a good summer.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Glyn, Cherry Creek State Park is in Aurora/Denver at the intersection of Parker Road and I-225. You enter from Parker Road. We're getting there waaay too early for me. It can still snow. I spent enough time there in my life shoveling snow.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Well, it seems Cherry Creek State Park will be the gathering place for many of us... what fun. We are currently in Cheyenne, WY (actually in Sidney, NE for the weekend), and will be in the Cheyenne - Ft. Collins, CO area for some time. And, yes, Jeff, it is way too early to be this far north, but we are managing... having good visits with our kids, so that makes it worth while. We are flexible with our schedule and would love to connect with many of you at Cherry Creek... thinking we might come there around the 25th of April and stay two weeks so our timings can overlap with others. So, join in Diane and Glyn... seems that Jeff and Tina will alredy be there, maybe Julie and Mike will come after their trip to the east? And, Roger and Lynn coming around May 4th? Really looking forward to time with you all... keep us posted, please, everyone. Safe travels to all!

I like the idea of the "Class-less class". It will help those that there class is not active. It can also be of help to new fulltimers. I thank all will be glad to share info. and huggs. CLC is a good start for that.

2008-2009 and all 2013 participants should stay with the 2008-2009. IMHO. LOL

Where is Cherry Creak in Co.? We must be in Wy. on May 13. We could stop by. Meet Jeff and visit with Roger and Lynn.

Safe travels and a good summer.

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Glyn, We'll be in site 22...be good to see you guys...stop by, we'll leave the light on!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We had beautiful sunshine today. Then, we had clouds. Then, came the rain. Then some hail followed. Then we saw a few snow flurries. I think that was our day.

ROFLOL! Spring is when the weather can't make up it's mind. At least that's the way it is supposed to be.

Minnesota appears to have decided to just stay winter this year. So much so, that I'm almost afraid to hope for a warming trend for fear of what might come after it.

Linda

So far, so good. We followed the sun to NE Ohio on April 15, but it sure isn't spring here. Temps are fine but trees, etc...still look like winter! Suppose to be pretty nice for the foreseeable future - we'll see.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Linda Good luck on you trip home. I am sure it will look good.

I walk out the door turn around an I see home. For me that is nice. Same home different yard that doesn't need mowing.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

We got here to Va. Beach the first week of April and only had a couple of warm days. It has been cold for the last week and still cold until next week! Wind and rain have not been fun! We are camped at the military CG by the ocean (100 yds away across some sand dunes) and it is10 degrees cooler where we are than inland!

It is also very funny that after spending the winter in FL, the stores here are just now putting out their summer clothes and stuff. Seems like we went thru some kind of time warp!! So we are still here until June 6. Had to extend for some dental work. UCK!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I am home--in Minnesota--and we are having 70s. Yay! Unfortunately, there is still a little s**w on the ground and they say we may get more this week. What month is this?!!!

Linda