What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JUGGERNAUT
Bought her a Honeywell 2000i gen. to save fuel and sound inside.

Found the generator on here and in Q.

some louder than a Honda but approx. 1/3 the price.

We dry camped several hundred feet behind you folks last Saturday. Looked like y'all were really enjoying yourself, and the BBQ did smell great! We were camped back by the hand-painted small water tower. Your bus looked great, as did so many around you.

Thanks!!!

Wish you would have stopped buy. Always glad to meet fellow travelers. I guess if I would have read this more often I could have walked out back. Sorry.

We are in Tucson this PM and will move on down near Sierra Vista tomorrow after Church.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very concerned...this is going too smoothly. After a month plus on hold due to the snow that just would not stop, we're back to work.

Well, mostly: I managed to buy a whole bunch of the wrong hardware, so I didn't make any cabinet doors. :) It goes back for the RIGHT stuff tomorrow.

But got some other stuff done: the cabinets are finished except for doors, we finished most of the wiring & all the plumbing, started working on the ceiling panels, and adjusted the brakes. Gas line for the LP furnace is planned & routed...I'm glad I double-checked the furnace, because I was initially planning a line that wouldn't be big enough. Can't finish it until I get the right size line, which will be next weekend, weather permitting. We did get the stove gas line in.

The walls are enclosed up to where they meet the ceiling, I figure two days (of tedious measuring, trimming, and fitting) to do the ceiling.

Hooked up and tested the two fridges we have...both work perfectly, surprisingly. The nicer of the two goes in next weekend.

And I got ceiling panel futz down my pants. Again. And it ITCHES. Again. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

I put some epson salts in the battery cells, then filled with distilled water now they are charging. Hoping to stretch them out till travel time is nearer and we will put in some new ones. I am thinking of a pair of 4D AGM units. I did see an inspection panel i had not noticed prior to today. I am hoping it will lead me to the inside or back side of the genset. I have had the genset out about 1/2 way and then it stops. So seeing into that area will be nice. I did not look today as sometimes the simple things turn into less that easy AND I have on almost WHITE shorts. I do not need anymore "blackened" ones.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried out my new Wash Wax All cleaning system that we bought from a vendor at the Gypsy Journal Gathering Rally in Yuma. Will take some time but really liked the part I did in the shade. Now to figure the top edge out.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Guest David & Lorna Schinske
What did I do today?

I bought my bus! :lol: *does an excited dance*

Congrats.. but I must also say.... FINALLY!! Does this mean you've actually got it? I thought you wouldn't take delivery until April? Or is this a different bus?

I've been working (on paper) on my cabinet layouts. I think I've got it locked down... even got my can rotators laid out on paper to use as a full-size template. 10" wide standard base cabinet should hold 84 cans of diced tomatoes, green beans, other veggies, Progresso soup along with a dozen or so 6 oz cans of tomato paste. I like those can rotators. I never end up with an out of date can tucked away in the back of the cabinet or any can lost in the back of the cabinet.

I tried out my new Wash Wax All cleaning system that we bought from a vendor at the Gypsy Journal Gathering Rally in Yuma. Will take some time but really liked the part I did in the shade. Now to figure the top edge out.

LeRoy:

I'm the vendor you purchased "Wash/Wax All". I notice you mention in your post...."Now to figure the top edge out". Are you speaking of the mop head, or the top edge of your bus?

Thank you,

Stephen

Stephen,

The very top edge of the bus both down the sides and the top angled part of the front cap. I have trouble getting the squirt bottle to shoot that far. Then the fron cap is about a 45 degree to the windshield. The mop handle hits the lower edge before I get to the upper edge. I did not use the ladder. I used the Wrangler front bumper. Sounds safe right. LOL

Did I leave you a card? If so call me or whatever.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Leroy,

When Stephen gets back to you, he will share that you can spray the "Wet Mop Head" with Wash Wax All and then clean high hard to squirt places. Flip the mop over and use the "Dry Mop Head" to buff to a high shine. You are now clean, waxed and UV protected in one step. Works really well when the wind is blowing.

When first starting, spray the mop 12 squirts to load it and then 2 or 3 to reload as you move down the coach.

I love my Bug Buster kit and use it on all my cars as well as the coach.

Hope this helps you.

Trainer

Trainer, Thanks

I was doing that also but I may have waited till the air temp and wind were a little much for the task. Like cow bell need more product on the mop.

LRW

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Trainer, Thanks

I was doing that also but I may have waited till the air temp and wind were a little much for the task. Like cow bell need more product on the mop.

LRW

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Congrats.. but I must also say.... FINALLY!! Does this mean you've actually got it? I thought you wouldn't take delivery until April? Or is this a different bus?

I've been working (on paper) on my cabinet layouts. I think I've got it locked down... even got my can rotators laid out on paper to use as a full-size template. 10" wide standard base cabinet should hold 84 cans of diced tomatoes, green beans, other veggies, Progresso soup along with a dozen or so 6 oz cans of tomato paste. I like those can rotators. I never end up with an out of date can tucked away in the back of the cabinet or any can lost in the back of the cabinet.

Err...I suggest some quick math before going any further! Assuming the normal size (not the minis), a typical can of veggies weighs slightly over one pound. A 6oz tomato paste can weighs about half a pound. Your plan will have something like ONE HUNDRED POUNDS of canned goods in the cabinets, plus whatever your rotator weighs. I hope these are LOWER cabinets, and not hanging from the ceiling!

(Full disclosure: I thought it was a good idea to store a small vacuum cleaner in an overhead cabinet in my old trailer. Two trips later, I decided it was a bad idea to do so after spending an hour and a half putting said cabinet back together due to the vacuum falling through the bottom.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Err...I suggest some quick math before going any further! Assuming the normal size (not the minis), a typical can of veggies weighs slightly over one pound. A 6oz tomato paste can weighs about half a pound. Your plan will have something like ONE HUNDRED POUNDS of canned goods in the cabinets, plus whatever your rotator weighs. I hope these are LOWER cabinets, and not hanging from the ceiling!

This is a base cabinet. Did you know that David & I used to be cabinet builders for many years? Any way I have done the math. BTW, this will be my third (and biggest) can rotator that I personally have built. This one is a permanent setup and will be 10" wide (exterior) and that's only just shy of 111 lbs.

FYI:

6 oz tomato paste = 7.2 oz

14.5 oz green beans = 17.1 oz

14.5 oz diced tomatoes = 17.4 oz

18.5 oz Progresso soup = 21.6

(edited post... had to look up my notes to see what it added up to)

No, I didn't...I have seen many people plan for loading without considering all the consequences. Like, uhh, my vacuum-cleaner stunt. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Score! I grabbed a pair of Bridgestone R194 rib tires for the front, about 75% tread. They're on a trailer at work...the trailer is getting scrapped, and my boss let me have them for $50 and my old Goodyears (they will go on another trailer).

We went to our first bus rally this year in Franklin, TX. Our first time to pull our new to us toad, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, with hard and soft top. We named it "Dusty", not sure why, I guess it just sounded cool!

He followed us there and back with no problems, what a relief! B)

FranklinMini005.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

That color of Jeep really pushes an Eagle just right.

Great looking Wrangler, cool fenders and all.

Sounds like you 2 are enjoying some time a bit diff. than in N. TX. That is good.

Well I got the hose reel mounted for the air compressor. I made hoses to be ablr to air up the bus then use the bus tanks for volume to air up the tank. Should work faster than the 2 gal. Craftsman compressor. Used the bay where the Splndide combo was.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

We just bought Liberty a new playmate.

We bought a PT Cruzer Convertible.

The 1999 Wrangler is for sale. See listing on this site.

We just never took the top off and really missed having a convertible.

We even have the soft top for it,

LRW

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still pulling windows, stripping out the frames and installing the metal sheets back into the window which is then reinstalled into the bus. It's a PITA to have to drive 70+ miles and our only transportation is a jeep. Everything has to be cut before we can haul it (we don't trust the roof rack to haul in these winds). Almost finished with that part though. Next is coating the roof.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my wind generator mounted again.

with these gas prices it cost to run a 7KW generator.

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

Accessing the internet with Wifi Evdo enabled mobile card from Verizon

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior on the road for Access to Internet, ask for Key.

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior for Access to Webpages in Bus.

http://roadwarrior.free-man.com/

I put about 75 miles on it, everything checks out. Water, electric, A/C (front & rear road & 2 on the roof), all seems to be working fine.

4 weeks until I hit the road! :D

Archived