What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

Put a floor and insualtion in this last week. Built three day beds, added seat belts and started on a toilet room and shelving. Must say... all this work is exhausting but sure feels good. Okay, once the soreness wears off.

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We broke camp in Norcross, Ga. where we had been visiting a granddaughter for end of school year events.

Added 118.9 gallons of fuel then moved on up to Choo Choo Express where we are next in line in the AM to have Liberty serviced. I am sure she will like new oil and have her joints lubed.

That is out part of the revitalization of America spend some money to see it all.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

LeRoy, You need to change your avatar now that the Jeep is gone! ;)

That's the way to get America back to work, spend some money in local shops. I've heard they do great work, let us know how it goes.

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Paul, We need to be in a good place to get a great pic. Thanks for all the help with the Jeep.

We pulled the drain plug this AM and had bearing chunks on the magnetic drain plug. Parts are orderd and will be in Mon.AM.This is a nice shop with good people. Had supper last night with Mike Sullivan of BCM fame.

Makes a long weekend in the shop but we are plugged in and can get over the air local TV. What a deal.

LRW

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

I fixed our Zip Awning today. We had a real bad storm in Abilene last year and I couldn't get it up, Z-Lock on left side got locked somehow and did a lot of internal damage. Received both ends last week and decided today was the day. Not that big of a deal to do an R/R. It works better than ever...Whoo Hoo!

Now to search for 4 Zip Dee window awnings!B)

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

We didn't see any Zip Dee in Carthage. There is a place in Eugene, OR that is supposed to have quite a supply. If we can't find anything before then we'll check them out when we go there in September.

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Moving right along then hit a snag... darn alternator is dead. Working on getting that fixed this week. Inside she's shaping up. Have dang near everything in but some upper storage units and sink/counter area. Will work on plumbing after those goodies are in.

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

Guest David & Lorna Schinske

I've slowed almost to a stop on the bus. David being put in the hospital slowed me down. But he's out now and I can worry about other things. I am painting a "wide turn" sign for one of the rear windows... due the the gale force winds we've been experiencing it's hard to work outside much (I also have to paint a "If you can't see my mirrors" sign too). And I have discovered it's faster and easier to use a razor scraper to scrape the loose paint off the roof of the bus. It just peels off all the way down to the bare metal. Faster than sanding too. Guess I will end up taking it all down to the metal before putting the roof coat on.

Hope for David's recovery, Lorna. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

Everything is okay. It was a heart attack (actually many over a weekend). They kept him in Albuquerque for about 4 days trying to get his BP down and turned him loose. He's back working the cart. Gets tired easily and has cut back his hours. Between Sam's Club Business Membership pricing and generics, prescriptions aren't too bad. Want to know something scary. Socorro County is a rather sparsely populated place. Lots of nothing between communities. I25 goes thu the county. Would you believe that the ambulances that respond to everything, wreck on the interstate, etc do not have paramedics on board???? David had to be flown (in the tiny helicopter) up to Albuquerque once the local hospital got him somewhat stabilized because they were the only paramedics!!!! Now we have to get a local GP for him and we can't get anyone in town to recommend one! What does that say about this place? I'll get him one for a few months then I want to shift over to Roswell at the end of the summer if the Doctor up in Albuquerque says okay. We can always take the bus up to Albuquerque and park it in a parking lot overnight for doc visits (thinking two or three times a years from what they have said). Eventually, we will head back east.

I'm still working and it is related to the light trailer business (horse, boat, utility, etc) so I have independent sales reps that sell my stuff as well as tires and other trailer parts. They are all telling me - watch it there are a lot more tire increases coming as oil is getting more precious. So I bought some for the front of our van last week. Just my 2 cents. Russ

We had our fronts and the tags rotated. WOW what a diff. The left front tire was cupped from the front end being so warn but the front end shop forgot to do that in early Jan. We had it done when we had the oil changed and the ron and main bearings change a week ago. Almost takes the cross out of cross wing. Have a 30 -37 mph gusting side wind from Nevada MO to north of wichita KS 250 miles or so and was not worn out. Tired but ok AND it rained most of the way. DID I say it was uphill and into the winf in both directions OK I'm sorry I only went one direction and it is mainly flat makes a great story

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

How true. Our friends Bob & Karen who also have a Siver Eagle bus call it B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand. But we just love the ride the quiet the storage etc. After a year in Liberty we are starting to thin out the excess.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Not today, but I finished it up yesterday. Pulled the "beauty" ring from around the back passenger side back window. Applied an aluminum sheet over the opening and caulked/screwed it all into place, then primed and painted the sign I made up in my Printmaster program. Now I have to clean the rubber weather strip up and the filthy window and install it this weekend. Next I work on the driver's side back window. It get's "Caution, If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you"

th_PIC_3612.jpg

Nice idea...I have a little "wide right turns" sticker...but that's a good idea!

I have been putting some miles on my Genesis in preparation for my upcoming 4000+ mile trip...Liz or I have been driving it to work to make sure everything is running properly. The good news: front & rear A/C work perfectly! It seems to be OK...we'll finish loading it tomorrow, we hit the road Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Average so far is 9.8MPG, not bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

... Average so far is 9.8MPG, not bad.

Great that you got the A/Cs working well and you get to take a road trip. I've got to get the roof coated to make working inside a tad cooler. It's getting hot out here. As for MPG... y'all don't believe me about our MPGS!

As for the signs, I figured we were closing off the rear windows and I wanted those signs anyway. The blanked out windows seemed the be the best place for it. And painting them was the best way to go since I couldn't get signs that would fit into my window space (fill it). Both signs use the same font so I have a "matched set". :D

Archived