What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

Here is the proof! Now I can have a happy fanny too! Now to finish the electrical panel and move the genset remote panel to another location. Also have to change out the shift lever cover to a different color. Why is that whenever I do something, I end up changing something else! :D

002.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul,

That looks great. I do not remember on the co-pilot seat does Becky have a foot rest or how does that side work?

New seats are on our shopping list for Q.

LRW

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

Guest David & Lorna Schinske

I built a screen (interior) that will pivot open to open/close the original bus windows. and since it's inside, I don't have to worry about losing it while driving down the road!

th_Windowscreen001.jpg

LeRoy,

I built a step and modified it so one side is longer than the other for hanging on the main landing and one step down. When we put it outside, the longer side tucks up inside the top. It works for now as it's a trial design. I need to build it a couple of inches taller, her feet dangle when sitting in the seat. At 5' 2", not much I can do but keep trying.

I would like to add a legrest for hers, for now she can rest her feet on the edge of the dash to take pressure off her back.

Wish we were able to go to the "Q" this year, but our last two week bus rally adventure did it for us for the rest of the year. The Eagles International club will have a great time without us!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

I changed the fresh water tank drain fittings. I noticed the other day while draining some water to rinse my hands off that the first shot was red. Now I did grow up in NW OK but that is no excuse for red drinking water. The tank in stainless steel but the first 2 fittings were galvanized steel. When the plastic valve and 9' elbow was removed I could see the problem. The steel fittings were rusting closed. The task was simple and only cost about $2 so with some road time and sloshing what contamination has backed into the tank hopefully will go into solution and be rinsed out upon arrival at the next stop. The balance will come out in the filter.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Safe travels and enjoy the journey. I am guessing Stockton CA not KS since you are going by ALBQ. We will be going thru Stockton KS next week. Family business or we would not be in Northern KS. this time of year.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Drove it.

We are in North Dakota, at a rest area just west of Bismarck. This is day 4 on the road from Oregon. We will be in Minnesota tomorrow for a few days. Then on to Arizona and beyond. The weather has been great. The wind at our back and down hill most of the way.

Jerry

1975 Crown SuperCoach

Solar Electric

WVO Powered 6-71N

Well this is what I had done to our other bus. We have a MCI5 sitting in Wichit afor sale. Have a man flying in tomorrow to have a look see. I asked a friend to go by and check it over for tires and battery condition. Needs a tire???? and batteries charged. Time will tell. Only looking for one buyer.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Thanks guys

I had a pair of emails from the new owner this AM. his driver had driven straight back to Indy and the bus ran great. Then the second one was 'how do shut this thing off?' So I called him and as we spoke he was fueling up the MCI to go to the Purdue game to tailgate and was so excited. That was the first time he had seen it. His son wrestles for Purdue. The bus will become a BLack and Gold School patriot.

Yes Paul some funds will do fuel since we have a 2000 mile round trip to KS for the farm sale and holidays with family. All of us will get to see each other for the first time since Anne's mothers funeral a year ago and our son has made anouther trip to and from Iraq (#4).

We will not be runing the gen set for the AC units so we should get better mileage.

Again thanks for the thoughts and we are sure glad it is gone. The storage unit would have been due on the 15th and the tag is up on the 30th. God is so good.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Scored THREE propane wall furnaces, plenty of heat with NO electricity required! YES! :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

Scored THREE propane wall furnaces, plenty of heat with NO electricity required! YES! :blink:

Yesterday, while working the auction, we bid/won an RV poly tank (our "New to us" grey water tank?) some old very heavy extension cords (will strip apart to wire the bus with for AC power) and 2 (24000 btu) gas radiant ceramic heaters "Suitable for aircraft hangers"... the kind that hang from the ceiling. all for less than $40 including buyers fee. Today we will go and look at what we actually ended up with to see where and what we can do to it (also have to install an interior light on the food cart... getting dark earlier for the winter)! Why is everything out here "Natural gas"??? We'll have to get LP orifices for those, if we can figure out how to use them .

Thanks guys

I had a pair of emails from the new owner this AM. his driver had driven straight back to Indy and the bus ran great. Then the second one was 'how do shut this thing off?' So I called him and as we spoke he was fueling up the MCI to go to the Purdue game to tailgate and was so excited. That was the first time he had seen it. His son wrestles for Purdue. The bus will become a BLack and Gold School patriot.

Yes Paul some funds will do fuel since we have a 2000 mile round trip to KS for the farm sale and holidays with family. All of us will get to see each other for the first time since Anne's mothers funeral a year ago and our son has made anouther trip to and from Iraq (#4).

We will not be runing the gen set for the AC units so we should get better mileage.

Again thanks for the thoughts and we are sure glad it is gone. The storage unit would have been due on the 15th and the tag is up on the 30th. God is so good.

LeRoy and Anne: I was just perusing the forums and noticed your input. Nancy and i enjoyed your hospitality in Sierra Vista last week and really enjoyed seeing your beautiful bus. Hey. . . glad to hear your sold the MCI. One less thing to be concerned about. As always, oRV

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

The wall furnaces came out of old construction trailers...factory designed for LP. A good appliance repair shop can usually convert NG stuff to propane. My B-700 had an apartment-sized gas stove converted to LP. For that matter, the stove in my house runs on bottled propane.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

My home range (it's sitting in the bus waiting to be hooked up) came with NG orifices installed and LP orifices in a little bag. We installed the LP ones ourselves (it's easy). David has switched a lot of appliances over to LP. We've already been to one LP place about changing out orifices for another appliance (Nat gas grill sideburner... on the cart... we've been using it on LP anyway). They were complete idiots. Gonna check another LP outfit. I figure that we will have to remove the orifices and take them in. Some folks get hung up on the appliance. Tomorrow evening, we go pick up a couple of RV Captains chairs I have acquired thru the ALBQ Freecycle! Means I don't have to build a couch!

Also looked at the Tank we bought... it's clean and looks/smells like nothing but water has been it it (which is what we suspected). So we will use it as our fresh tank and use the 30 gal ABS Rocket tank for grey (we can glue ABS fitting to the ABS tank... unlike the poly tank).

Lorna,

Good score on the capt. chairs.

On the fresh water tank I would stick a hose in it and let it run. I had a 55 gal. drum in our MCI that had been used for water treatment chemicals. Had a Ph of 2. I did the hose think and it smelled fresh. Added some baking soda to be sure and it was great.

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

A good Eagle buddy of mine gave me a VDO dual needle air pressure gauge on our last rally trip a couple of weeks ago. He felt sorry for me because I had the original gauge taped to my steering wheel column. The air gauge was the only thing I was using, had already installed smaller gauges for fuel, amp, temp and oil pressure. Of course I had to order the proper fitting package which came with nylon tubing. I finally got it installed in my dash. It sure beats the original which was a huge combo gauge that was the original in our Eagle 01!

Now if I just had some jakes to install on my 8v71! :rolleyes:

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

A good Eagle buddy of mine gave me a VDO dual needle air pressure gauge on our last rally trip a couple of weeks ago. He felt sorry for me because I had the original gauge taped to my steering wheel column. The air gauge was the only thing I was using, had already installed smaller gauges for fuel, amp, temp and oil pressure. Of course I had to order the proper fitting package which came with nylon tubing. I finally got it installed in my dash. It sure beats the original which was a huge combo gauge that was the original in our Eagle 01!

Now if I just had some jakes to install on my 8v71! :P

Dreamscape: notice your down in Texas. BUT, you need to bring that Eagle West. Pick out an Eagle event where Joe Melroy is gonna cook and it will make your trip worth it. Not only that, he`s a HELLUVA nice guy. E.P.

Archived