What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

I've been working on a small eating bar in our lounge, 12" x 12" granite tile top. It's 5' long and just the width of the tile. The trim is not on but I think you get the idea. It will be nice to have a place to sit down and eat without holding our plate or using a TV tray! :) I should have it finished tomorrow, then onto another projevct!

We went to several stores before we found some tile we liked. The colors go well with our decor and my DW is very happy!

GraniteBar003.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dropped an LP wall furnace on my foot wearing running shoes. OWWWWWWW!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

The tree/trees are up and decorated.

The stockings are hung by the windshield.

The shelf above the windshield is now a winter scene.

Waiting for Christmas to come.

Then we can go west to warmth. Today is in the mid 60's Tommorrow and the week following is forcast for 20 or more dergees cooler days. Then teens over night.

Now folks THAT IS why we are full timers. Options to not sit in cold weather.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

We no longer have our bus, but I just listed a bunch of bus conversion books on ebay. Here is a link to one of them, and you can search See Other Items under the Seller Info box if interested in the rest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/category/nicksblog/

Author of "Meandering Down The Highway, A Year On The Road With Fulltime RVers" and "Work Your Way Across The USA, You Can Travel & Earn A Living Too!"

Cabinet & wall framing in place, working on plumbing, electric, & the ceiling. Was going to do more today, but it's too cold...the tank feeding the catalytic heater ran dry. :(

Should be ready to roll by March. :D

I also discovered that I have a big sheet of steel plate covering my fuel tank.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did some more remodeling yesterday. Moved the 32" VIZIO to another location. Gave us more room in our living room because re rearanged the seating. Now when we have guests over they have a place to sit!

It's amazing how often ideas are changed. I'll never finish this thing :( !

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

I am sure your temps will raise. I think all the cold air moved to KS. How soon we forget what cold feels like,

Hang in there guys and stay warm. I know we are looking forward to gettin g way west right after Christmas.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Guest David & Lorna Schinske

Today we started building the raised decking (over the front wheel well) to install the two FREE RV chairs I got off ALBQ Freecycle! It's partially installed and the chairs are sitting on it (along with my old thrift store glass topped rock maple trestle end table my mom picked up in the late 60's). Still need to work out chair placement. They need to be able to swivel (to watch TV with out it being a pain in the neck) and clear the sidewalls and not hit the end table that now sits between the two chairs. Once we get the chair decking completed, we start on the other wheel well which is where the fireplace mantle will be installed... after it gets cut down/resized.

Pulled both the black tank and the fresh tank out of the bay. The fresh tank seems to have moved a bit and had a small water leak. This would be bad with the frigid temps headed this direction. The fresh tank Was plumbed with PVC and even though I did not find a break I could tell the water was coming out of the fittings into the bottom of the tank. I put in a short plastic nipple and a SS flex line with 1/2" theads on both ends. This wil give it some room to move and flex rather than break. We also put in a SHURfloo Revolution 55PSI & 3GPM. Now I am really looking forward to the shower. The old pump had a leak in the head seal area.

After supper (sorry) dinner there was no water coming out of the bay. YEA.

The man that built this bus did a great job on the tank design. Really appreciate that.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

SHURflo Revolution 55PSI & 3GPM. Now this is a REAL pump. The catalog said no need for a accumulator/pressure tank. This is very true.

Happy happy happy. Just marked the presure tank off the Q shopping list.

Now if it would warm up. Forecast of 9' this PM. Way cold. We think next winter we will have the family come see us in the warmth of AZ.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

I'm on Chirstmas break until Jan 7th! Bet ya can't guess what I'll be doing! ;)

I have several projects in mind, the first one I started yesterday. Continue work in the bedroom. I'm building a cabinet at the foot of our bed for folded clothes and then I'll finish the trim and our bedroom will be finished!

Yea right huh!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is not so much of to the bus as for the bus.

I made an appointment to have the susspension aligned next week.

But last night was like to the bus (poor thing) We keep the 3 youngest Grandkids. 10 yrold twins and a 6 yr old. Wall to wall kids. AND sound. The bus did better than myself.

Merry Christmas

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Took off a couple of days for Christmas, and all I did was eat, eat and eat some more!

Finished the last cabinet in the bedroom..............Yeah!

Now I need to do some trim work and the bedroom will be completed!

Then the last area to get a redo, the closet and bathroom.

We're having fun now! :lol:

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Well I went by and looked at her then went inside and got some meds and the laptops. They may get it in the shop tomorrow.

That is a long ways from Tue. AM.

While having breakfast this Am with our BFF we meet a couple that are leaving Monday for Q. We will convoy with them as they are also traveling alone this trip. They do a big blue grass festival up off of Plamosa Rd. and ride quads. Oh to have my sandrails back oh well that is why we have a Wrangler.

Happy New Year.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Anne and I made a 320 mile round trip to OKC and Jefferson trailer and bus for ALL the parts to bebuild the front suspension including spindles. We made it back in 6 hours and Axle and Wheel had the L. front wheel and stuff off and will not need that spindle. YEA that is a $500 return sure hope the R. side is the same.

More news to follow.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Yes, Jeff is a great guy. We just missed getting to see him as they had left for Yuma.

I am excited to see how much better Liberty will steer. Then Anne can drive as long as she wishes. Well I guess she does already. Some in every state we are in.

Happy New Year Friends.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Nice day yesterday...got more cabinets in, installing is pretty much done. Can't do doors yet because I don't have hinges...don't want to buy hinges until I know how many I'll need.

Trimmed a couple of ceiling panels for a test-fit. The plan seems perfectly workable...buying the panels and the insulation I'll need today. I also got ceiling panel material down my pants. Not sure how I did that, but it ITCHES!

Did some measuring and thinking about mounting the LP furnaces...after some pondering, I decided to stop trying to reinvent the wheel & just install them so the exhaust goes out through the wall (like the factory intended) instead of the roof. Tentative plans are for one in the living room and possibly one in the bedroom. Then again...I probably will only NEED one. These things are powerful.

I'm going with a gas genset...I think I found a (used) Honda for a good price and I just cannot justify the cost of a diesel generator.

Also did a preliminary check for what the bus will need, mechanically, for my planned 4000+ mile run in June. So far, the list is short:

Two steer tires (it came with new Hankooks, which were swapped over to my B700 when I sold it)

A right outer drive tire (tread is good, but it looks like it was curbed pretty hard a couple times)

One headlight is out (worked fine a few weeks ago...)

The brakes adjusted (as soon as doing so does not involve me laying in mud!)

New engine belts

We rescued Liberty from the frontend shop this afternoon.

Our bank is several bags of money lighter and we are thankful we had it to pay for the parts and labor.

My my does it ever drive and stop nice. Amazing what all the pins and bushings being shot does toward making it all a lot of work. She had 1 1/4 inch of toe in on one side prior and only 1/2 after parts being changed & prior to alignment.

We are off in the AM to Quartzsite via I40.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

This will give you a good idea of how our interior looks at this point! Click

to take a tour!

I finally finished the bedroom! I started the project last May, with all our life experiences, it has taken us this long to complete it!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

We are in Q. for the first time.

We moved from N. of town on Plomosa Rd. Withsome friends from Wichita where they worked a benifit for a Bluegrass friend.

When they moved to long term S. of town and we moved to the area in town where the bus rally will be next weekend.

Then we got busy and did a waterless wash of the coach then got the sat. back on for the RV.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Archived