CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcia and I took a ride today to the marina, we were looking at the boats people live on. We talked to one guy that has raised three kids while living on a boat. I thought that would be a hard thing to do living in a MH, but a boat where you caan't just stop and get out to take a walk, or cruise by a store to pick up the gallon of milk you ran out of last night.

Some of the boats were larger than a MH, but some were a LOT smaller too. Brought a new meaning to "liking your spouse".

Any way we are still hanging out in KW, one minute we are thinking of heading north, and the next we are thinking about hanging here until spring. We will just have to see what the "etch-a-sketch" shows daily.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

We are settled in Jamestown, TN while we work on getting our land set up with an RV site. It's colder than we like but can't change that...had to stay in MD longer than we wanted so Stu could get the shots in his knee.

Sadie is growing by leaps and bounds...right now she is watching me type and I expect her to leap at the screen at any minute. LOL!

I've been busy blogging - there is our regular blog, 2 Taking a 5th; a new website with blog, Toadily Pets and Sadie Speaks; a blog about readying our land for the RV site and future home, Fire Lily Base Camp; and a blog about our preparations for riding Route 66 on our motorcycles, Riding Route 66 in 2011. So that is what is keeping me busy...LOL!

The end of November, maybe earlier if it gets too cold, we will head for Florida. Going to Pensacola first then down to Bushnell for Jan-Mar.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

I tried to figure out a way to tie pontoons on the Santara when we were here back in Jan and the temps dropped to 42. I had it all figured out but didn't think the Santara could handle the waves of the open sea so we canned that idea.

Now if it gets that cold here again we will hitch a ride on one of the boats heading south. It was really sad seeing so many of the fish die because it was so cold, but that was last winter and I expect a warmer winter this year.

Chasing the 70's

Marty, If you want to see some interesting stuff go to the Grand Bay NWR and visit the NERR ( National Estraurian Research facility) The building alone is worth the visit since it is a certified LED building....80% renewable, recylable materials. Or run on over to Gautier MS and visit the Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Norah, I'm thinking you was right and I need to invest in a good coat and gloves, or plan on spending several days inside the rig with the HEAT on. The first cold spell has hit the Keys, and Greg has already said I can't go south from here. Many of you enjoy the cooler temperatures, but I'm not one of them.

We won't have to consider how to keep the water lines from freezing, but we will need a heat source to keep the inside temperature in the 70's.

Chasing the 70's

Po Po Joe! But then Quartzsite people are talking about using the generators to run AC cause it's so hot.

We scheduled one more day work next Tuesday in Eugene and then we are going to Weed Ca, then Carson City Nv and then San Francisco Ca.

We are touring Or this weekend. Now at Bullards Beach State Park. The Coquille Light house is nearby, along with Bandon old town. More beautiful shore line. Rainy of course, goes without saying in Oregon this time of year.

Leland & Cathy

Po Po Joe! But then Quartzsite people are talking about using the generators to run AC cause it's so hot.

Well we have been here in Quartzsite since Tuesday and it has been warm; it was 94 on Tuesday but only going up to 84 today and it will be in the 70s next week. But even so we haven't had to run our air conditioner and haven't noticed any extended generator sounds coming from rigs in our vicinity. There has been a nice breeze all day and it is quite pleasant on the shady side of our rig.

We scheduled one more day work next Tuesday in Eugene and then we are going to Weed Ca, then Carson City Nv and then San Francisco Ca.

What are you doing in Weed? We lived just outside Weed for 9 years and I taught at the college there for 11 years -- a lovely little campus. -- Norah

Well we have been here in Quartzsite since Tuesday and it has been warm; it was 94 on Tuesday but only going up to 84 today and it will be in the 70s next week. But even so we haven't had to run our air conditioner and haven't noticed any extended generator sounds coming from rigs in our vicinity. There has been a nice breeze all day and it is quite pleasant on the shady side of our rig.

What are you doing in Weed? We lived just outside Weed for 9 years and I taught at the college there for 11 years -- a lovely little campus. -- Norah

I have a cousin lives there. We overnight there everytime through and have dinner with them. That's the plan this time too.

Leland & Cathy

I found this nifty archaeological site on my morning walk; it was about 1 mi from where we call camped in Jan 2008. It doesn't look like much today but at some time in the past most likely nomadic Indians stayed at this very spot and built a couple of brush shelters (wikiups) -- at least that's my quick interpretation without doing some more research. -- Norah

post-6979-1289154339_thumb.jpg

Yes it is tooooo cold for me!!!! Something about "{CHASING THE 70S} and 40's and 50's don't mix. I didn't look just guessing about the 40's.

THe guy that flew over and took the picture of the class back in Jan of 08 had some really neat pictures showing people had way too much time on their hands. One guy took rocks and made an outline of the USA including all the states. It really looked good from his aireal photo.

Chasing the 70's

Today Tomorrow Tue Wed Thu 6-10 Day

Partly Cloudy/Win- d

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny Extended Forecast

High: 71°

Low: 66° High: 75°

Low: 69° High: 79°

Low: 71° High: 79°

Low: 72° High: 80°

Low: 72°

Get Alerts:MobileEmailWeather Bulletins

Featured Forecasts at weather.com:

Tiempo en Español Hurricane Outlook Hourly Forecast

Detailed Local ForecastHow to Read ThisToday: Sunshine and a few clouds. High 71F. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy and windy. Low 66F. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph.

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy and windy. High 76F. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph.

Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low 69F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 70s.

Wednesday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.

Thursday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.

This is a forcast I can live with.

Chasing the 70's

THe guy that flew over and took the picture of the class back in Jan of 08 had some really neat pictures showing people had way too much time on their hands. One guy took rocks and made an outline of the USA including all the states. It really looked good from his aireal photo.

Yep, but the site I found is all marked by the BLM as a cultural resource site with all the official language about not digging or collecting artifacts. The site is surrounded by a wire rope linked through upright log posts so folks won't drive over it. It is definitely archaeological nature, and my trained eye says it is not modern; but I do intend to contact the BLM archaeologist and find out for sure.

Norah

Breezy and cool here in VA. Beach and down inthe low 40's at night. Can't seem to regulate the heat in the RV....to warm or to cool that makes it hard to figure out what to wear. How ever we left Pa in time...it snowed there yesterday.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Yes Norah, I saw the posts in the ground in the picture!

Just think what people will say and see 50-100 years from now when they see the USA outlined in rocks in the middle of the desert in AZ!

Do you ever think about what the people will say about the graffiti all over the larger cities? Will it be considered petroglyph's like the ones we search out?

Then there is the tree with "Here I killed a bar" that everyone claims Danniel Boon carved, and the tree with " MARCIA & JOE " carved in the tree in a heart.

I find it strange that today when people are caught painting on walls they are charged with a crime, but we protect areas where people wrote on walls over 75 years ago.

Chasing the 70's

For those interested; here's the 10 day forecast for Quartzsite. -- Joe, don't look... it's too cold at night for you, but for us it's perfect -- we haven't had to run the air conditioner during the day or the heater at night.

beautiful! especially as it just started raining again at about 45 here. YUK.

Leland & Cathy

Yes Norah, I saw the posts in the ground in the picture!

Just think what people will say and see 50-100 years from now when they see the USA outlined in rocks in the middle of the desert in AZ!

Do you ever think about what the people will say about the graffiti all over the larger cities? Will it be considered petroglyph's like the ones we search out?

Then there is the tree with "Here I killed a bar" that everyone claims Danniel Boon carved, and the tree with " MARCIA & JOE " carved in the tree in a heart.

I find it strange that today when people are caught painting on walls they are charged with a crime, but we protect areas where people wrote on walls over 75 years ago.

Joe you are so right. The things we do leave artifacts for future generations to discover and ponder about their meanings. I was thinking about all those campfire rings and little stone territory outlines yesterday on my walk, and thought if we didn't have written records to tell what went on out here at Q, they would lead future archaeologists to think about the vast number of people who must have inhabited the desert, and they would wonder how we all managed without water for most of the year. Fortunately writing has made deciphering the past easier, but when there wasn't any writing we are left to try to reconstruct the past with only artifacts and rock art. Now they will only have to read our blogs and discussion posts to know what we were doing. Hopefully these will be preserved in whatever technological media comes and goes over time in the future.

Anyone know the where a bouts of the Pinners? I think they had a trip planned out of the country, (cruise I think) but I haven't seen a post from them in a long time, and they don't answer their phones. (maybe they see my number on the caller ID)

Anyway, I'm concerned about them.

Chasing the 70's

Joe...their last post of face book was on 10/31. When is the HOP cruise repositioning the ship out of Spain???? that would be a long one across the Atlantic. I am sure they are fine.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

THANK YOU: to all my classmates that has served in the military, and a big THANKS to the loved ones that put up with you before during and after your service.

Have a GR8 day....

Chasing the 70's

Archived